Palladio Rice Powder

4.4

on 11/15/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have a hate-love relationship with this powder. I like how it works because it doesn't break me out, it has a medium coverage, it's matte and keeps oil under control. On the other hand its packaging can be horribly messy, I waste a lot, but the worst thing is its strong smell. I can't stand it, it's like baby powder and doesn't go away.

on 11/27/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've heard a lot about this product and I really like it! It kept my forehead and nose *pretty* matte looking and it set everything well. The only thing that could potentially be a problem is the lid, which doesn't seem to secure all that well, but that's nothing. Overall this is an awesome product, and I will be repurchasing it.

on 2/18/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent oil blotting powder! Other than perhaps Kryolan Anti Shine, nothing has kept my very oily skin in check for much more than 2 hours. It has light to medium coverage so I use a little concealer for any marks but otherwise I can wear this on its own. Warm beige matches my NC40 skin well (it goes on fairly light but settles in after about 10 minutes and then blends darker). It smells of baby powder- in a good way- and keeps me oil free for about 4 or maybe 5 hours with a good base/primer underneath. The packaging isn't great as it goes everywhere when you pull the lid off but this isn't a problem for me as I just decant the powder into a smaller pot for my handbag. It's good value for money as well, very pleased!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I will be the first to admit -- I am a makeup snob. I started wearing makeup in the late 1960's, and I have always had the mindset that if it didn't come from a makeup counter at a major department store it was not touching my face . Period. I've used Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder #2 for years but they recently discontinued the #2 and now only make it in Translucent. I don't know if the formulation is different because I've had a couple of breakouts lately, and I'm 60 years old (but I still have very oily skin). Anyway, I recently retired and I'm trying to save a few bucks, so I figured I'd try it after reading the reviews on MUA, and if it didn't work I've only wasted a few bucks. I have never been so pleasantly surprised in my life! It goes over my foundation BETTER than the Laura Mercier! Lasts all day and holds back the oil so nicely. And the smell reminds me of a powder my grandmother and aunts wore, which I love. I took the powder out of the container and put it in my empty LM shaker container which functions much better. Oh, I purchased the powder in both the Warm Beige and Translucent to see which one I'd like better. My complexion is between Halle Berry and Vanessa Williams. The Warm Beige left a grayish caste on my face. The Translucent, which actually has a bit of color in it, works much better for me. I apply it over my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation using the big face brush from The Body Shop. My snob days are over. I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I recently got this at Sally Beauty Supply, to hopefully keep me shine free or just less oily :P The translucent is a bit light for darker skin, but it can be blended. I got the warm beige at first, but then switched b/c I didn't think the color would look right w/ my foundation :P The price was great and you really get a good amount of powder! It was a real downer when I tried this out for the whole day at school, and STILL got greasy as usual :( It does absorb oil, but it didn't keep me shine free the whole day like I wanted! It's good as a highlighter, but I probably won't buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've been using this as an everyday setting powder when i get ready in the morning. I apply it with a kabuki brush. It's pretty good and I do like it, but nothing outstanding in my opinion. I have oily skin and by the afternoon, i have to touch up. Unfortunately, it's a loose powder so I can't really take it on the go, so it just sits on my makeup vanity. It's so messy too. The packaging is cute though. I wish they made it in a pressed powder compact version. It has a floral-y scent that bothered me at first, but I got used to it. I have it in the shade "natural" since I heard that translucent gave you a white cast. It sometimes makes my cheeks looks "powdery" and "chalky" though. I got it at sallys beauty supply for about $5 dollars, which is pretty cheap. It's a good price for the amount you get. I'll probably finish the powder up, but i don't know if i'll buy again. It's definitely not bad, but it's not the best or what I'm looking for. I do recommend it if you just want a simple setting powder.

on 2/4/2012 11:55:00 PM

Great product, very fine. I got the natural, will get the tranlucent next time to press over my concealer. I feel this controls shine very well. No shimmer which is great. Also reasonably price for alot of product. Very bad package, its very messy in a cardboard container. Be careful not to wet it. Also not good for traveling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I really love this product. It is a wonderful setting powder, I sweep it over my foundation and it really fills in fine lines. The price is really affordable, I got mine at Sally's for only $4.49 with my Beauty Card. The packaging is alright, but the lid easily comes off. I really do recommend this!!! :)

on 11/1/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have this product in the shade natural. I bought this because I think the packaging is cute. It turns out to be a great setting powder. It is finely milled, doesn't break me out, and does a good job setting my foundation without making my dry skin look cakey. It's not expensive, and while the finish is in no way glowy or glittery, I don't find it overly matte either. Would repurchase.

on 7/21/2011 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am in love with this product! I picked this up at sallys and was looking for a good setting power and this product went above and beyond my expectations! This finely milled powder is great for setting foundation, keeps me matte all day and makes my foundation/ concealer look smooth and soft! What I like is that it comes in a few colors so it doesnt look ghostly on your face like other translucent powders tend to do. Will repurchase this again and again!