Palladio Rice Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/24/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

HG powder. It's cheap, available locally at Sally's, and keeps my face shine-free all day! I have very oily skin around my T-zone, and this prevents me from looking like a lightbulb. The powder itself isn't too fine or chunky, and the Translucent shade doesn't leave a white cast on your face or make it look ashy (as long as you don't pile it on).

The packaging is the only thing that bothers me, but the problem is easy to fix. The case flips open but doesn't close completely, so don't lift it up by the lid, or else the powder will spill out. The little foam pad that comes with it is pretty useless, so I use my kabuki brush to apply the powder and spread it out. Just make sure that you get the right amount of powder on the brush, and you're set!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Sorry, Bourjois -- I've come back to Palladio! The face powder saga continues ... after reading all the rave reviews on MUA and having owned the blotting paper myself, I decided to grab a pack of this at Sally's, where it retails for an awesome CDN$8 (Bourjois would've cost CDN$27!) The powder is finely-milled and goes on smoothly on my face, with no stinging/pore-clogging like I've experienced with other powders. Maybe it's the rice. Palladio usually lasts me through an entire day at university, with only tissue-paper blotting in between. I dust it on over moisturizer and concealer, and also use it as a primer for eyeliner.

I only took off a lippie because of the packaging. As others have already mentioned, it is TERRIBLE. The powder comes in a box with a lid and no latch, so if you drop it, you end up spilling a lot (and probably coughing all over the place). I just put an elastic around it and keep it flat on the counter to avoid that problem, and as I don't need to touch up, I don't need to bring it with me to school. The smell could also be a problem for some, but it doesn't really bother me. Overall, great product! I will repurchase when I run out.

on 5/31/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

holy crap this was HORRIBLE. I purchased it two years ago and I had nothing but bad things to say about it. The color was terrible, went on really light beige and turned completely ORANGE after about 10 minutes. Made me suuuuuper oily and to top it off it got on everything!

The package was the worst, I literally had to tape it because it was so flimsy and it didn't do anything for my skin. The last straw was when I started breaking out after using it for a few days.

I will say that their blotting sheets are the SHEEEEET~ they come with a little bit of powder on them so when you blot you don't lose any of your makeup and they leave you really nice and matte.

on 4/20/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have nc 42 skin and use this in warm beige as a setting powder. It looks translucent on me and mattifies my skin without looking chalky. This product doesn't oxidize with sunscreen, and looks natural as it wears off. It lasts about 2 hours on its own in Florida's climate. I wish there was a better seal on it so I could put it in my purse for touch ups.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This setting powder is now my favorite. I've tried the Makeup Forever one, the tarte setting powder, the ELF HD setting powder, and the hard candy welcome matte. Some of these were decent but I'd say this cheaper alternative rice powder is even better! I bought this product and had it for a while, before I really used it because I was kind of weary of using a cheap powder for my skin for fear of breaking out.

Color: Translucent, I use this to set my liquid foundation
Pros
*Very fine powder with velvety feel (finer than those mentioned above)
*Stayed on longer (I didn't freak if I had forgotten to bring something to touch up with)
*Oil/Shine control
*Nice pleasant smell
*You get a lot of product, 17g
*Gives you a natural matte face without the powdered cakey look
*It's cheap!

Cons:
*The packaging, can not travel without it exploding in your bag

That's about it. For those complaining about the color not being completely translucent, it does NOT show any color to your skin, it completely disappears onto your skin.

The only flaw is the packaging but honestly I'd rather have a good product with crappy packaging than the other way around.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I don't like this powder. I was looking for a loose powder to set my liquid foundation. I was using Mally Beauty Skin Finisher which is a translucent kind of powder but once I was taner it left a whit cast on my face. So after reading reviews here I picked this up at Ulta for about 5 bucks. I got this in the color warm beige and it makes me look orange. I thought maybe it was my new liquid foudation that looked off (clinique stay matte). My skin is very oily and i didnt feel that this keept me matte at all. But after trying other powders on top I know now that it was this. My b day just passed and I bought myself the Nars loose powder in desert which I like much better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this under my eyes after I am done putting on my concealer and foundation. This doesn't settle into fine lines it just gives a finished look to my undereyes. I have bags and this makes me look refreshed and minimizes them.

UPDATE: I no longer use this. It is still good but I now use Primed and Poreless by Too Faced.

on 7/13/2011 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this powder. It gave me a matte finish, and lasted all day long for me. I do have to say that the product is very finely milled, and glides very smoothly on the skin. I use it to set my foundation, concealer, and even eyeliner! But, since it is not mineral loose powder, I didn't know if I should of tapped some into the lid or take it straight from the sifter. If it was your first time trying this product, I recommend that you use it kind of as a mineral powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

my skin is veerrryy oily, sensitive, and acne-prone. i wanted a powder that could accommodate to it.
this product covered ALL my criteria! the warm-beige doesnt give a white cast and doesnt darken when it reacts with my oil. i dust it over my face before concealing, then dab more powder with my finger on any trouble spots (big zits) after concealing. this helps my makeup last for hrs on end! it also gives a flawless finish. i concentrate this stuff mostly on my t-zone area (by "concentrate" i mean a few light pats) and it keeps me matte w/o the cakiness. i still have to blot but only after hrs of matte-heaven.
ive been using this for a few months and it hasnt seemed to break me out. at the same time it doesnt help my skins condition either (probably due to the talc and parabens - major ingredient downside). it also tends to crease into awful parentheses-lines when i smile (a warning that it might settle into fine lines), so i avoid powdering that area. and the packaging is the worst! it comes out when you dont want it to, and doesnt come out when you do. just overall very messy...
but its still worth the great finish.

on 7/30/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this powder in the translucent shade and it blends well into my tan skin without leaving my face looking chalky. I use this to set my foundation with a kabuki brush and it works just like any other fine powder. It's finely milled and doesn't get cakey unless you cake it on. My skin is super oily, so it doesn't do much to help control shine, but it would work fine if you have less oily skin than I do.

I have used this on my lids to help control lid oiliness and to smooth out the color of my lid skin. I also use it to set my undereye concealer. I like that this product can have multiple uses.

The product is slightly scented, which doesn't bother me. The scent goes away pretty quickly. The packaging is pretty cheap and can get messy if you aren't careful.

I bought this at Ulta for $5 and think it's a pretty good deal.