Palladio Rice Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

on 12/21/2015 3:10:00 PM

At first I tried this powder on it's own. I got the shade warm beige and it just oxidized a couple shades to dark on its own. Now I started wearing it after applying UD Naked, which I need to set or it just doesn't look right on my skin. That being said once I set it with this powder it looks great! Not flawless, because who am I kidding, I have acne prone skin, with large pores on my cheeks and some on my nose and I have trouble with hormonal acne on my chin. I don't use the powder for touch ups because I won't put this in my purse, the packaging is just horrible!

Normally I hate powders btw, they just never worked for me even with my oily skin, they would go from chalk powder face to oily tacky cake face within a couple hours. If this one works out, I am thinking of getting it in a shade lighter to see if I can wear it without applying a liquid foundation first.

I haven't test the flash back or used it long enough to see if it clogs my pores/causes a breakout or reaction because I haven't been wearing it long enough. Once I do or if I stop using it I will update my review.

on 11/24/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did not work for me. I was only after a couple of hours and this product is so messy.

on 4/29/2014 5:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hands down my favorite loose powder I've ever tried (I bought Natural). And $4.99 at ULTA! It buffs on so smoothly and and has quite a bit of staying power, especially for the price point. The packaging is cute as can be, but leaves a lot to be desired. This stuff can get messy. Deducting a lippie for that. But you're getting sooooo much product for $5. And it works easily as well as products I've tried at quadruple the price point. I only tried this because, eh, $5. One of the best $5 gambles I've ever taken, and I will repurchase this if I ever run out. You get quite a bit of product at that price! Totally worth a trip to ULTA for this stuff. I've heard they sell this at Sally too, if ULTA is out of the question.

on 2/18/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent oil blotting powder! Other than perhaps Kryolan Anti Shine, nothing has kept my very oily skin in check for much more than 2 hours. It has light to medium coverage so I use a little concealer for any marks but otherwise I can wear this on its own. Warm beige matches my NC40 skin well (it goes on fairly light but settles in after about 10 minutes and then blends darker). It smells of baby powder- in a good way- and keeps me oil free for about 4 or maybe 5 hours with a good base/primer underneath. The packaging isn't great as it goes everywhere when you pull the lid off but this isn't a problem for me as I just decant the powder into a smaller pot for my handbag. It's good value for money as well, very pleased!

For reference I am NC10 at MAC. Which means I am nearly albino, with warm undertones. I have extremely oily skin, big pores, & currently live in TX where summer is basically hot, humid, hell on earth. Saying it is hard for me to find proper make up would be an understatement.

I used Coty Airspun for years (which is talc based) & I really thought that was the best thing on earth since it wasn't full of silicone like most of the powders on today's cosmetic market. Silicones tend to only make oily skin more oily. I also tried silica based powders (IE: MUFE HD powder & the E.L.F knockoff...) but never got the hype. Today though, I only use Palladio Rice Powder. The only advantages it has over my beloved Coty Airspun is this setting powder keeps oil at bay longer & is more finely milled, so it never looks cakey nor makes my foundation appear unnatural. I like how this doesn't emphasize my pores or imperfections.

The only way I wish Palladio would improve this product is by having a broader shade range. I bought this in both Translucent & Natural with no luck. Translucent is pale enough, but too pink. Yet Natural was warm toned enough...but too dark. I can't win. Regardless I still consider this to be my HG setting powder. Translucent is...translucent...enough that the sickly pink undertone becomes barely noticeable over warm toned liquid foundation. As for Natural, I keep it for when I get stuck with a liquid foundation that's too pale or pink.

on 4/19/2013 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this powder in Translucent and it works great. The only con is the packaging-it sucks. I would like to see this powder as a pressed powder compact, it would be easier to work with. I will repurchase anyway, but not for a while, since there is a lot of powder in the little box! I especially like it to set my under eye concealer.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overall, I like this so far. I have always used translucent setting powders and have only recently started playing with colored powders instead in the hopes that I could use less foundation/bb cream. I have this in the natural shade and was concerned it would be too dark for my pale ivory skin tone, but it isn't at all. One caveat - you definitely must use a nice kabuki brush to apply this. The puff that it comes with is not good at all. Also, the package is small and square. I just sprinkle it in the lid, dip my brush, tap the excess, and buff it into my skin. It is mattifying, but I still had to blot a few hours later. Overall, I like this a lot and will purchase again.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG staple in my powder collection. I've only bought this powder in Translucent which I recommend, because to me this powder is not a "foundation powder". It assists well as a setting/finishing powder when used in SMALL quantities. The puff it comes with is cheap and not worth using, and overall the packaging is pretty terrible lol. But, the product itself is worth the fuss. I apply this powder with a clean angled eyebrow brush on SMALL AREAS of my face. (ie the corners of my nose, top of nose, shiny spot on forehead and cheeks). I then blend with my fingers or buki brush. This keeps me matte for several hours. Because this powder is not great to travel with, when I go to work I bring the the Rice powder blotting papers with me and on my lunch break quickly blot my T-zone with half of a blot paper.
This routine has worked really well for me, I recommend others trying it! Plus it's very inexpensive and has not broken me out!

on 1/31/2012 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I honestly don't use a lot of loose powders. The only other one I have ever used is one by Aveda (sadly I don't know which one, and I don't think they sell it anymore). I decided to try it out after reading some reviews, and I can honestly see why it has great reviews. It gives beautiful coverage, doesn't cake up, doesn't clog pores, and it didn't break me out! I got it in translucent since the other colors looked too dark, and I haven't been disappointed. It kind of smells like baby powder, but its very faint.
My only problem with it is the packaging. While it is very cute, the cap comes off easily, and could make a mess if it were to drop. But other than that, its a fantastic product that I will definitely be purchasing again! ^_^