Palladio Rice Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

This is an extremely mattifying powder so if you're someone who has normal/dry or mature skin, you need to stay away from this but for oily folks, this is perfect. Especially when worn over a more natural/dewy finish foundation. Dusting this over an already matte foundation (e.g the loreal infallible or estee lauder double wear) is going to be too much and can look a little cakey but if you have a natural/dewy finish foundation that you love but want to extend its wear, this powder is perfect for that! I pair it with my Bourjois Healthy Mix and this powder prevents me from looking like an oil slick a few hours later.

However, the packaging is awful. I only opened half of the sifter and still the powder gets everywhere! The lid also opens quite easily. I really wish that they'll improve their packaging. Even loose powder don't have to be this messy.

on 11/24/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did not work for me. I was only after a couple of hours and this product is so messy.

on 4/10/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not something special, too much smell and medium coverage. The package does not make it functional and the parabens that it consists make it unappealing for me to buy again.

on 12/12/2014 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the second loose powder I have used and I really like it. I use it everyday and it gives me a really nice and natural glow. The only two things I don't like of this powder is that I have to apply it distant from my body or my clothes will be powdered, sometimes I notice it when I arrive work or while driving. The second thing I don't like is the packaging, the lid comes out easily. Anyway, I would buy this again if I don't find something better.

Love this! Decent coverage for a loose powder, good oil control, and a nice natural finish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Believe it or not, I would prefer this over my YSL Matte Radiance Compact Powder. It really does control oil! I repurchased this a week ago and the first time I used it was seven years ago. The only thing I don't like is the packaging because it's messy but nonetheless effective oil control! You definitely get way more than you pay for! ($5)

Purchased this powder at Sally's in the color 'warm beige'.
Finally I have found my holy grail powder! First off,the color is subtle making it an exact match for my skin & makes it easy to blend! I use my sponge puff from another compact to apply,the puff it comes with is just horrible! ..any other sponge works just fine. Sponge for medium coverage,brush-- for sheer coverage. The product is weightless and lets my skin breathe,all while providing a gorgeous glow to my skin.

PRO's:
-BEAUTIFUL,airbrush finish
-makes all my foundations look amazing!
-works well alone OR with any foundation i've tried so far
-Can't finish my look without this
-Poreless finish
-Medium coverage,great for covering my concealer
-Love the fresh scent
-adorable packaging
-Lasts for awhile,keeps my oily t-zone controlled.

CON's:
-Although the packaging is adorable,I hate that it isn't portable. I would love to carry this with me but the lid pops right off spilling the product everywhere..so don't even try it!
-The application puff it came with is poor quality and useless. It goes on cakey with it so I recommend using another sponge or even a brush to apply!

The overall product itself is PERFECT,wouldn't change a thing & will purchase again!!

on 4/19/2013 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this powder in Translucent and it works great. The only con is the packaging-it sucks. I would like to see this powder as a pressed powder compact, it would be easier to work with. I will repurchase anyway, but not for a while, since there is a lot of powder in the little box! I especially like it to set my under eye concealer.

on 4/4/2013 4:12:00 PM

I have used this powder for about 2 years now to set my everyday foundation or BB cream (I use Estee Lauder DW or Rimmel BB Cream) This product is great if you are looking for a setting powder that will leave you with a matte finish. Touching up depends on your skin type..but before adding more powder I use oil blotting paper to absorb oil and then lightly dust the rice powder over my face with a large kabuki brush. I have this in Natural in both block and loose versions. If you are on the lookout for a good setting powder try this one :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was looking for a good setting and mattifying powder and Makeupgeek recommended this one because it was cheap and did the job. I bought this from Sally Beauty Supply for $4.50 which is a really good price compared to other brand name setting powders. I purchased the translucent powder and my first impression of the packaging is that it was cute, the little design and picture of the geisha was appealing to me. The only thing I didn't like about the packaging, and the product in general is that it is SO MESSY. I wish they would change it because it is super inconvenient especially if you want to travel.

To limit the mess I just shake a little bit of the formula into the lid and swirl my brush around and apply it to my face. It does not go on cakey, it smells really nice like baby powder almost. I am not a really oily faced person but it does keep my face in check especially when it is super hot outside. My friend also tried this and she has a greasy face and it really helped with her oiliness. It sets makeup beautifully and makes your face so soft and is good to blur out too much blush or bronzer. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good mattifying powder without spending all the money on just a brand name.