Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

on 12/12/2014 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the second loose powder I have used and I really like it. I use it everyday and it gives me a really nice and natural glow. The only two things I don't like of this powder is that I have to apply it distant from my body or my clothes will be powdered, sometimes I notice it when I arrive work or while driving. The second thing I don't like is the packaging, the lid comes out easily. Anyway, I would buy this again if I don't find something better.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Palladio's Oil Absorbing Rice Powder is definitely above-average; it's a lot better than some other powders in regards to absorbing oil on my face. What has me disliking it is that like a lot of cosmetic lines, it's not dark/black skin friendly. There are three shades: Natural, Translucent, & Warm Beige. I got it in Translucent because "translucent" is typically perfect for any & all skin tones. Can I tell you this powder is white on me! I don't like & don't use the puff enclosed; I use a separate kabuki brush. The darkest shade is Warm Beige, but I think even that would still be too light on me.

I use Rice Powder both alone & to set makeup, although for obviously reasons, I prefer to wear it on top of a foundation. The powder itself is excellentit controls shine & mattifies my complexion well. To those of you who care, the scent is barely-there; it's very light, if you can even notice it. While I can appreciate that this powder isn't tested on animals & is non-comedogenic, it would be a lot better if I could comfortably wear it alone & not just to set makeup. Even when I use it to set makeup, I have to be careful & use an extremely light hand. Anyhow, it can be bought for $5 at Sally Beauty Supply.

on 4/29/2014 5:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hands down my favorite loose powder I've ever tried (I bought Natural). And $4.99 at ULTA! It buffs on so smoothly and and has quite a bit of staying power, especially for the price point. The packaging is cute as can be, but leaves a lot to be desired. This stuff can get messy. Deducting a lippie for that. But you're getting sooooo much product for $5. And it works easily as well as products I've tried at quadruple the price point. I only tried this because, eh, $5. One of the best $5 gambles I've ever taken, and I will repurchase this if I ever run out. You get quite a bit of product at that price! Totally worth a trip to ULTA for this stuff. I've heard they sell this at Sally too, if ULTA is out of the question.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Flawless finish for the super-pale gal? This stuff does it right!

The packaging is kind of a nightmare, with messy fallout and no sure way to keep the powder closed. Often on sale at Sally Beauty or Ulta, so you may as well give it a try!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overall, I like this so far. I have always used translucent setting powders and have only recently started playing with colored powders instead in the hopes that I could use less foundation/bb cream. I have this in the natural shade and was concerned it would be too dark for my pale ivory skin tone, but it isn't at all. One caveat - you definitely must use a nice kabuki brush to apply this. The puff that it comes with is not good at all. Also, the package is small and square. I just sprinkle it in the lid, dip my brush, tap the excess, and buff it into my skin. It is mattifying, but I still had to blot a few hours later. Overall, I like this a lot and will purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this under my eyes after I am done putting on my concealer and foundation. This doesn't settle into fine lines it just gives a finished look to my undereyes. I have bags and this makes me look refreshed and minimizes them.

UPDATE: I no longer use this. It is still good but I now use Primed and Poreless by Too Faced.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I learnt about this product from MakeUpGeek. The packaging is terrible and I don't use the sponge included. There aren't much colour selections. The translucent one was a bit too light as well. It could make my face looks cakey if too much powder was used.

It does help mattifying my skin for a while but touch up is needed in the afternoon for those with super dry yet oily skin likes myself.

I am still looking for some other loose powder for oil control.

on 7/21/2011 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am in love with this product! I picked this up at sallys and was looking for a good setting power and this product went above and beyond my expectations! This finely milled powder is great for setting foundation, keeps me matte all day and makes my foundation/ concealer look smooth and soft! What I like is that it comes in a few colors so it doesnt look ghostly on your face like other translucent powders tend to do. Will repurchase this again and again!

on 6/11/2011 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

cute small container, very very VERY affordable, no greasyness at all (with revlon colorstay foundation), perfect for me! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product is pretty good; soft and smooth, looks lovely. But, it lasts me 2 hours max. It's a shame, I really loved this product, but it just doesn't have the staying power I'd hoped it would have.