Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sadly, this didn't do much for me, and I'm not exceptionally oily or anything. It does control oil, but not as well as other powders, even those in the same price point. Also I know translucent is - uh, translucent, but I can't help but think this was causing my foundations to oxidize sort of pink on my face.

The outside packaging is cute, but it is unbearably messy to deal with. And that baby powder smell might be too much for some. I ended up tossing this one.

on 7/12/2016 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Translucent isn't really translucent. I'm NC25 and when I put this on, it lightens my face up a little. It's not a super finely milled product but it's also not powdery looking on the face. The powder has a very slight smell but it's actually pretty nice, and I'm usually sensitive to smells. Packaging is definitely messy but I can live with it. Unfortunately, it means you can't bring it with you for a touch up, which I don't like. The oil control for me was just okay. I still get oily after like 2 hours which sucks. What I do like is when I'm oily and I pat this on, it instantly gets rid of the shine and oil, but at the same time, it doesn't make me look super matte or cakey.

I find that it sets my foundation nicely but it slightly lighten my foundation. I have dry under eyes and this kind of emphasizes that.

I purchased this mainly for the oil control, and although it did when it was winter, it can't withstand my humid country so I will not be repurchasing.

on 1/29/2016 11:33:00 PM

BLEH. It smells extremely mature. It is literally pigmented baby powder to me. I don't really care for this product, save your money and buy a better powder.

on 1/24/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

HG powder. It's cheap, available locally at Sally's, and keeps my face shine-free all day! I have very oily skin around my T-zone, and this prevents me from looking like a lightbulb. The powder itself isn't too fine or chunky, and the Translucent shade doesn't leave a white cast on your face or make it look ashy (as long as you don't pile it on).

The packaging is the only thing that bothers me, but the problem is easy to fix. The case flips open but doesn't close completely, so don't lift it up by the lid, or else the powder will spill out. The little foam pad that comes with it is pretty useless, so I use my kabuki brush to apply the powder and spread it out. Just make sure that you get the right amount of powder on the brush, and you're set!

on 11/15/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have a hate-love relationship with this powder. I like how it works because it doesn't break me out, it has a medium coverage, it's matte and keeps oil under control. On the other hand its packaging can be horribly messy, I waste a lot, but the worst thing is its strong smell. I can't stand it, it's like baby powder and doesn't go away.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This loose powder if fantastic. I bought a container on a whim and I don't regret it.
It effectively sets makeup, controls shine, and mattifies skin. Warning: A little goes a long way. Use a light hand when applying this stuff.
My skin is so pale that I can use this powder almost like a powder foundation after I have applied primer (I bought translucent). It feels good on the skin and has never caused me any irritation or to break out. I love it.
Of course I use it over my liquid foundation too. I tend to use it when I'm going for a more retro look, what with red lipstick and a black cat eye, as it really seems to provide that naturally matte finish that brings it all together.
However, the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. So, that is why it has only a four out of five from me. It can get messy very quickly. If I travel with it I tend to keep it in a plastic bag separate from my other makeup, just to avoid a messy spill. Or just tape the lid shut...
You do get a lot of product in this container though. Despite being relatively small, the powder supply seems endless. This, along with the fine quality of the powder, makes it a great value for the money.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is hands down best the powder ever! I'm a lover of pressed powders because I feel like they are more convenient & don't waste as much product as loose powders but considering the packaging was so cute & it claimed to be oil controlling I had to give it a go. First off, packaging will sucker you in but the loose lid will leave you feeling mixed on it. Don't be afraid...this powder is so smooth & finely milled that once you set your makeup at home it will fill every space on your face while providing soft feeling oil control that lasts all day. My Holy Grail powders have been the pressed ones from Neutrogena but I have to always touch up whatever foundation I'm wearing with those. With this rice powder all I get is soft, mad oil control that lasts for hours on end. I just use a small blush brush & swirl it in, tap off the excess & I'm good to go! Also perfect for baking!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Decent loose powder for the money, but this product doesn't have enough going for it for me to be willing to put up with the terrible, leaky packaging. This product has been leaking powder from the moment I took the protective outer tamper guard. Since the holes in the top of the sifter were still taped up at that point, I can only assume that the powder must have leaked around the sifter. I tried to minimize any future mess by only peeling off a third of the tape over the holes so I could reseal them between uses, but no luck. The powder sticks to the peeled back portion of the sticker, preventing it from resealing. So unless you store all of your makeup in a space where it can stay upright and undisturbed, this product is too messy to deal with.

As for the product itself, I found it to be good but not great. It's finely milled and soft, and if applied with a light hand, doesn't look cakey on or alter the color of my foundation. It doesn't cling to any of my dry patches either which is nice. It does a pretty good job setting my under eye concealer so that my mascara doesn't start to smudge by the end of the day, but over all I found its ability to control oil in my T-zone to be underwhelming. I find myself needing to blot after 4 hours and repowder my T-zone after 7, which isn't terrible, but isn't any better than most of the pressed powders I've tried that can do the same task with less mess.

Oh and this powder is pretty strongly scented. I don't mind as I don't find the fragrance (it smells like baby powder) offensive, but I imagine it wouldn't go over well with any one particularly sensitive to fragrant facial products.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Sorry, Bourjois -- I've come back to Palladio! The face powder saga continues ... after reading all the rave reviews on MUA and having owned the blotting paper myself, I decided to grab a pack of this at Sally's, where it retails for an awesome CDN$8 (Bourjois would've cost CDN$27!) The powder is finely-milled and goes on smoothly on my face, with no stinging/pore-clogging like I've experienced with other powders. Maybe it's the rice. Palladio usually lasts me through an entire day at university, with only tissue-paper blotting in between. I dust it on over moisturizer and concealer, and also use it as a primer for eyeliner.

I only took off a lippie because of the packaging. As others have already mentioned, it is TERRIBLE. The powder comes in a box with a lid and no latch, so if you drop it, you end up spilling a lot (and probably coughing all over the place). I just put an elastic around it and keep it flat on the counter to avoid that problem, and as I don't need to touch up, I don't need to bring it with me to school. The smell could also be a problem for some, but it doesn't really bother me. Overall, great product! I will repurchase when I run out.