Palladio Rice Powder

Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sadly, this didn't do much for me, and I'm not exceptionally oily or anything. It does control oil, but not as well as other powders, even those in the same price point. Also I know translucent is - uh, translucent, but I can't help but think this was causing my foundations to oxidize sort of pink on my face.

The outside packaging is cute, but it is unbearably messy to deal with. And that baby powder smell might be too much for some. I ended up tossing this one.

on 7/12/2016 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Translucent isn't really translucent. I'm NC25 and when I put this on, it lightens my face up a little. It's not a super finely milled product but it's also not powdery looking on the face. The powder has a very slight smell but it's actually pretty nice, and I'm usually sensitive to smells. Packaging is definitely messy but I can live with it. Unfortunately, it means you can't bring it with you for a touch up, which I don't like. The oil control for me was just okay. I still get oily after like 2 hours which sucks. What I do like is when I'm oily and I pat this on, it instantly gets rid of the shine and oil, but at the same time, it doesn't make me look super matte or cakey.

I find that it sets my foundation nicely but it slightly lighten my foundation. I have dry under eyes and this kind of emphasizes that.

I purchased this mainly for the oil control, and although it did when it was winter, it can't withstand my humid country so I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/30/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow I have been looking for a powder like this for so long and who knew it would be at my beauty supply store? I use this powder only in my t zone after my foundation/bb cream has set for a few minutes. I also use it to set my under eye concealer and it works perfectly for that too. It hides my pores perfectly and keeps my very oily skin looking matte for well over 5 hours. Even once I do start to look a little shiny, it isn't even that bad it just looks like a healthy glow. Buy this powder! The packaging sucks but it's well worth it!!!

on 6/12/2016 6:52:00 PM

Love love love this powder. Really sets my foundation and looks smooth. Keeps me matte longer than most. It does have a strong smell ( I like it) but it doesn't linger. It doesn't have a lot of coverage so I wouldn't wear it alone. Only cons are the packaging. Pain in the butt. But worth it for the good product and good price

on 6/6/2016 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great powder for retouches trought the day... It gives you a mattifying look without looking cakeky, I do not like that it doesen't comes un different colors so the best option is the traslucent one

on 4/18/2016 11:46:00 PM

This powder is a personal HG product. It keeps me matte for half the day, but even still doesn't leave me looking like a complete ball of oil. The packaging, however, is the most annoying thing ever. There is a tape around the box which is a little hard to remove because it does not completely come off (there might be some glue residue left behind), and once you do get the box open, there is a film on top of the holes were the powder comes out. I tried to peel it off as slowly as I could, but the filter just came off and powder went everywhere - the reviews weren't kidding when they said packaging was a bitch. Not a deal breaker though, still my favourite powder to set my face with.

on 1/29/2016 11:33:00 PM

BLEH. It smells extremely mature. It is literally pigmented baby powder to me. I don't really care for this product, save your money and buy a better powder.

on 12/21/2015 3:10:00 PM

At first I tried this powder on it's own. I got the shade warm beige and it just oxidized a couple shades to dark on its own. Now I started wearing it after applying UD Naked, which I need to set or it just doesn't look right on my skin. That being said once I set it with this powder it looks great! Not flawless, because who am I kidding, I have acne prone skin, with large pores on my cheeks and some on my nose and I have trouble with hormonal acne on my chin. I don't use the powder for touch ups because I won't put this in my purse, the packaging is just horrible!

Normally I hate powders btw, they just never worked for me even with my oily skin, they would go from chalk powder face to oily tacky cake face within a couple hours. If this one works out, I am thinking of getting it in a shade lighter to see if I can wear it without applying a liquid foundation first.

I haven't test the flash back or used it long enough to see if it clogs my pores/causes a breakout or reaction because I haven't been wearing it long enough. Once I do or if I stop using it I will update my review.

on 5/13/2015 11:23:00 AM

This powder is amazing. I have dry/oily skin, I get oily but my skin is highly sensitive and powder makes it feel super dry and cakey. This is the only powder I use, it's light, controls oil and feels amazing. The packaging isn't the best but for how great this product is I don't mind. It's pretty inexpensive so I would recommend everyone try it.

on 2/23/2015 8:48:00 PM

Perfection. So lightweight and little goes a long way. The price is the best part!