Palladio Rice Powder

Rice PowderRice Powder

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok this is amazing. Besides the fact that I have dropped this an spilled all over my black pants and carpet. A little goes a lonnnnggg way. Excellent for use with the Goss method

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

About the packaging: the picture is not a picture of a geisha! In the 1950s a lot of Chinese calendars and other products had pictures of girls on them. This is a Chinese girl from the 1950s. She has the 50s perm and is wearing a Chinese dress. I am Chinese and don't find this picture offensive at all. It's supposed to be kitschy, like having a picture of Marilyn Monroe on your makeup compact. The Palladio Rice Powder packaging is a bit like the packaging of TheBalm cosmetics. I don't know if rice powder is an "ancient" Chinese beauty product as it's probably not possible to know what people used in those times; but it is a very old beauty product used in many parts of Asia (by old I mean hundreds of years old as opposed to 5 or 6 thousand years old, which is actually ancient). T.LeClerc also makes a loose rice powder that is perfumed. If you want to save money and find bismuth irritating to your skin, the Palladio is a cheaper option. The T.LeClerc loose powder also originally came in tins that were not travel friendly. I bought some in 2006 and I had to sticky tape the lid on for traveling. The main difference between the Palladio and T.LeClerc is that T.LeClerc makes more colours.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was looking for a good setting and mattifying powder and Makeupgeek recommended this one because it was cheap and did the job. I bought this from Sally Beauty Supply for $4.50 which is a really good price compared to other brand name setting powders. I purchased the translucent powder and my first impression of the packaging is that it was cute, the little design and picture of the geisha was appealing to me. The only thing I didn't like about the packaging, and the product in general is that it is SO MESSY. I wish they would change it because it is super inconvenient especially if you want to travel.

To limit the mess I just shake a little bit of the formula into the lid and swirl my brush around and apply it to my face. It does not go on cakey, it smells really nice like baby powder almost. I am not a really oily faced person but it does keep my face in check especially when it is super hot outside. My friend also tried this and she has a greasy face and it really helped with her oiliness. It sets makeup beautifully and makes your face so soft and is good to blur out too much blush or bronzer. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good mattifying powder without spending all the money on just a brand name.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I learnt about this product from MakeUpGeek. The packaging is terrible and I don't use the sponge included. There aren't much colour selections. The translucent one was a bit too light as well. It could make my face looks cakey if too much powder was used.

It does help mattifying my skin for a while but touch up is needed in the afternoon for those with super dry yet oily skin likes myself.

I am still looking for some other loose powder for oil control.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this based on the generally good ratings. I've also been using a covergirl mineral powder to set my foundation and wanted something to control shine better.

This powder is okay. I have it in translucent and it sets my foundation well. It gives me a very airbrushed, porcelain doll finish. when first applying, it's a half shade or so too light but then it melds into my skin and matches my skin color more. The staying power is good but it really doesn't control shine at all. It's no better or worse than my covergirl product.
I also enjoy the smell it has. It does have a light smell of baby powder but it doesn't linger.

I tried to use it on it's own and it's a very light coverage. But in a few hours, it's useless. Unless you already have about perfect skin, this won't last for you. I won't be using it solo again, that's for sure.
This also has not broken me out.

Overall, it didn't work as well as I hoped. I'll use it up and unless it starts doing miracles for my skin, I won't repurchase.

on 7/14/2011 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this stuff on sale along with my wet/dry foundation in translucent. I trashed the puff it came with and just used my own brush, which works fine. I keep the little sticker on (clear one that covers the holes on the sifter) and that helps with the messiness of the powder getting everywhere. There is a slight baby powder-like scent, but literally after the first couple applications I stopped noticing it. Definitely not an offensive enough smell not to purchase. Powder goes great over my wet/dry foundation and does not break me out (woo hoo). A really simple, no frills product. Love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm not impressed. First of all, this is heavily scented. I could smell this as soon as I removed the protective plastic, BEFORE I even opened the box. Secondly, it is in a box where you simply lift the top off, making it not travel friendly. I would prefer it to come in a jar with a screw top. The powder itself is ok, it serves it's purpose well. It blends nicely and doesn't look chalky. I have found unscented powders just as nice, in better packaging, for about the same amount. I would not repurchase.

on 1/15/2011 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So far I love this powder. It's better than Mineral veil and a lot cheaper too. I really don't need/use a lot of it either. The only place I need setting powder is my T zone, since it's the only oily part of my face. The rest of my skin is dry/sensitive skin, so I don't need it there. I think it's great for getting rid of shine. I use the translucent powder, btw.

on 10/31/2010 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I LOVE this stuff this loose powder makes my
foundation look airbrushed is great for my combination
skin it doesnt dry out my skin is amazing stuff is dirt cheap I would gladly repurchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think that this is probably the best powder I have ever used on my face, I have tried so many different finishing powders and none have ever really been what I was looking for.
I only have to touch up x2 a day with this product, and one of the reasons that it works so well for me is that I can re-apply it without any caking at all. I usually blot at lunchtime and then mid/late afternoon and after nearly 12 hrs my make-up still looked good!

As far as oil control goes, it is reasonable, I have used other powders that have controlled the shine slightly better, but I usually haven't been able to re-powder my face in the way that I can when using this product.

The finish is smooth and creamy, I have NC15 skin and use Translucent, which is great match (and works really well over the wet/dry foundation in Laurel Nude).
The only thing I dislike about this is the smell, which is a strong, talcum powder-y scent.