Palladio Rice Powder

Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

on 6/30/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow I have been looking for a powder like this for so long and who knew it would be at my beauty supply store? I use this powder only in my t zone after my foundation/bb cream has set for a few minutes. I also use it to set my under eye concealer and it works perfectly for that too. It hides my pores perfectly and keeps my very oily skin looking matte for well over 5 hours. Even once I do start to look a little shiny, it isn't even that bad it just looks like a healthy glow. Buy this powder! The packaging sucks but it's well worth it!!!

on 11/24/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did not work for me. I was only after a couple of hours and this product is so messy.

on 11/27/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've heard a lot about this product and I really like it! It kept my forehead and nose *pretty* matte looking and it set everything well. The only thing that could potentially be a problem is the lid, which doesn't seem to secure all that well, but that's nothing. Overall this is an awesome product, and I will be repurchasing it.

on 9/14/2014 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

packaging is the only con but with a rubberband on hand yo keep the lid shut its my favorite mattifying powder

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is hands down best the powder ever! I'm a lover of pressed powders because I feel like they are more convenient & don't waste as much product as loose powders but considering the packaging was so cute & it claimed to be oil controlling I had to give it a go. First off, packaging will sucker you in but the loose lid will leave you feeling mixed on it. Don't be afraid...this powder is so smooth & finely milled that once you set your makeup at home it will fill every space on your face while providing soft feeling oil control that lasts all day. My Holy Grail powders have been the pressed ones from Neutrogena but I have to always touch up whatever foundation I'm wearing with those. With this rice powder all I get is soft, mad oil control that lasts for hours on end. I just use a small blush brush & swirl it in, tap off the excess & I'm good to go! Also perfect for baking!

on 2/18/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent oil blotting powder! Other than perhaps Kryolan Anti Shine, nothing has kept my very oily skin in check for much more than 2 hours. It has light to medium coverage so I use a little concealer for any marks but otherwise I can wear this on its own. Warm beige matches my NC40 skin well (it goes on fairly light but settles in after about 10 minutes and then blends darker). It smells of baby powder- in a good way- and keeps me oil free for about 4 or maybe 5 hours with a good base/primer underneath. The packaging isn't great as it goes everywhere when you pull the lid off but this isn't a problem for me as I just decant the powder into a smaller pot for my handbag. It's good value for money as well, very pleased!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best oily skin setting powder ever!!!! I read somewhere online that using mineral products for a base can hold back the oil better than anything else on the market. This was after I almost tried using Milk of Magnesia and found out how bad the pH is for skin. I was annoyed and wanted to find an alternative and that is when I found out about Palladio's Rice Powder (and also the use of Hourglass Veil Mineral primer). The minerals apparently absorb the oil and help keep it at bay.

Let me give you some perspective. I use oil free moisturizer, foundation, and powder. But 1.5 hours after I put my makeup on, I already have to use a blotting paper. Three hours later, I have to use 2 of the large Sephora papers to blot my skin and then again every 2 hours, it is that bad.

With this rice powder (and the Hourglass primer), I am not shiny till about 4-5 hours later, and even then I only have to use 1-2 blotting papers and then I usually don't have to use them again unless I'm going out at night and want to get rid of a slight shine that develops. This stuff is absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for people with oily skin.

I do wish there was some sort of a clasp or closing mechanism to keep the lid on. But to me, this rice powder is worth it. When I travel I will probably put some cotton in side and then put a rubber band around it. This won't keep me from not buying it though at all. It's only $2.99 for goodness sakes!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this. It mattifys my complexion without looking super powdery. I think it helps control my oil a little better than when I don't use it and I got it on sale for $2.50. Very good value. Bad packaging though and the sponge it comes with is crap so use a brush.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the most perfect powder I have ever tried. It made my pores look invisible, it set my foundation perfectly, and I stayed matte for a good portion of the day. The only complain that I have is the that there isn't a good variety of shades. I need something a tad lighter but there is nothing lighter available. :(

on 1/5/2011 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Palladio Rice Powder in Natural last week from Sallies. I heard some good reviews about it, so I decided to pick it up and give it a try. I've been using it for a few days and I do not like this product. It is supposed to be mattifying...however I have to blot an hour after I put it on. I also have been breaking out from it. I have very very oily skin and this product has made it 10 times worse. I would not recommend this to anyone with oily or sensitive skin.