Palladio Rice Powder

Rice PowderRice Powder

4.4

on 7/12/2016 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Translucent isn't really translucent. I'm NC25 and when I put this on, it lightens my face up a little. It's not a super finely milled product but it's also not powdery looking on the face. The powder has a very slight smell but it's actually pretty nice, and I'm usually sensitive to smells. Packaging is definitely messy but I can live with it. Unfortunately, it means you can't bring it with you for a touch up, which I don't like. The oil control for me was just okay. I still get oily after like 2 hours which sucks. What I do like is when I'm oily and I pat this on, it instantly gets rid of the shine and oil, but at the same time, it doesn't make me look super matte or cakey.

I find that it sets my foundation nicely but it slightly lighten my foundation. I have dry under eyes and this kind of emphasizes that.

I purchased this mainly for the oil control, and although it did when it was winter, it can't withstand my humid country so I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/6/2016 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great powder for retouches trought the day... It gives you a mattifying look without looking cakeky, I do not like that it doesen't comes un different colors so the best option is the traslucent one

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! I have super oily skin and have been using this as my setting powder in the color translucent (I'm very fair, and this doesn't add any color to my skin). This really helps control oil throughout the day better than any other powder I've used. There is a slight fragrance but it isn't too strong. The packaging isn't an issue for me. If you have oily skin, buy this powder!

on 5/4/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've just started using this powder, but I love it so far. It controls my oil better and longer than other powders I've tried, and I don't mind the smell. I also like the finish it gives my skin. Also, I'm very pale (as in sometimes the lightest foundation is too dark for me), and the translucent powder is just fine for me. It's also convenient for me that Sally Beauty carries it.

For those who think it is messy: don't remove the entire sticker on the sifter piece. Either peel up the sticker and cut part off then press the rest back down, or poke holes in the sticker over some of the holes in the sifter tray, so less powder comes out. I learned this trick for the ELF HD powder, and it makes such a difference. I'm also planning to put a hairband or rubber band on the package to keep the lid on for travel. I think I'm also going to get one to carry in my bag.

I apply this powder with the ELF Powder Brush, not the puff that comes with it. I leave the puff in the container to help keep powder from spilling into the tray, though.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Palladio's Oil Absorbing Rice Powder is definitely above-average; it's a lot better than some other powders in regards to absorbing oil on my face. What has me disliking it is that like a lot of cosmetic lines, it's not dark/black skin friendly. There are three shades: Natural, Translucent, & Warm Beige. I got it in Translucent because "translucent" is typically perfect for any & all skin tones. Can I tell you this powder is white on me! I don't like & don't use the puff enclosed; I use a separate kabuki brush. The darkest shade is Warm Beige, but I think even that would still be too light on me.

I use Rice Powder both alone & to set makeup, although for obviously reasons, I prefer to wear it on top of a foundation. The powder itself is excellentit controls shine & mattifies my complexion well. To those of you who care, the scent is barely-there; it's very light, if you can even notice it. While I can appreciate that this powder isn't tested on animals & is non-comedogenic, it would be a lot better if I could comfortably wear it alone & not just to set makeup. Even when I use it to set makeup, I have to be careful & use an extremely light hand. Anyhow, it can be bought for $5 at Sally Beauty Supply.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the actual powder itself! It keeps me pretty matte for a while which is a miracle for my super oily skin! BUT the biggest and only con is that it's not a pressed powder. Do not bring it around with you! It goes EVERYWHERE! When you open the cap a powder cloud will form around your face. And I'm not fond of the smell. I wish they would make a pressed powder ):

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Palladio is the sh-t! and i don't mean that in a bad way! Their products are of good quality and great value I'm a fan of a lot of their products and this is one of them. If you have oily skin this powder is going to be your friend. It won't dry or irritate your skin but it.will give you a nice matte finish and control your oil for hours. I would definately recommend if your seeking a cosmetic solution to keeping your oil at bay without breaking your skin out or breaking your bank account for that matter

on 8/26/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this powder! I'm very oily, and I've tried many powders, and this does the best job of keeping my oiliness down. Don't get me wrong, I still have to blot after 3-4 hours, but for me this is great. Even then I'm not super oily, just enough to need blotting.This is a lovely, soft, finely milled powder. It even has a nice mild scent. I use a big dense fluffy powder brush for this-I dip it in the powder, then swirl it in the box top to embed it well into the bristles. Then I press (not swipe) it into my skin. It gives me a matte leaning satin finish. I love the way it looks on my skin! I'm very fair and I use the translucent. I think the packaging is sort of cute on the outside! I find the best way to get the right amount of powder is to tip the box upside down once or twice-this will get some of the powder out of the little holes so you can dip your brush into it. It's easy to get too much but not hard to get the hang of getting how much you need. It's not really travel friendly if you're looking for that, but it's great to use at home. This is an HG product for me!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I will be the first to admit -- I am a makeup snob. I started wearing makeup in the late 1960's, and I have always had the mindset that if it didn't come from a makeup counter at a major department store it was not touching my face . Period. I've used Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder #2 for years but they recently discontinued the #2 and now only make it in Translucent. I don't know if the formulation is different because I've had a couple of breakouts lately, and I'm 60 years old (but I still have very oily skin). Anyway, I recently retired and I'm trying to save a few bucks, so I figured I'd try it after reading the reviews on MUA, and if it didn't work I've only wasted a few bucks. I have never been so pleasantly surprised in my life! It goes over my foundation BETTER than the Laura Mercier! Lasts all day and holds back the oil so nicely. And the smell reminds me of a powder my grandmother and aunts wore, which I love. I took the powder out of the container and put it in my empty LM shaker container which functions much better. Oh, I purchased the powder in both the Warm Beige and Translucent to see which one I'd like better. My complexion is between Halle Berry and Vanessa Williams. The Warm Beige left a grayish caste on my face. The Translucent, which actually has a bit of color in it, works much better for me. I apply it over my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation using the big face brush from The Body Shop. My snob days are over. I love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say that this product does the job very well with good coverage and the best price.
I don't give this 5 lippies because if you have acne-prone skin, this WILL and I promise you it WILL brake you out..
I was very sad I had to give it to my aunt (she introduced it to me) because I was getting so many bumps...
also not many choices too choose from for color, but I would get the second darkest and it'd work okay