Palladio Rice Powder

Price: $

on 11/15/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have a hate-love relationship with this powder. I like how it works because it doesn't break me out, it has a medium coverage, it's matte and keeps oil under control. On the other hand its packaging can be horribly messy, I waste a lot, but the worst thing is its strong smell. I can't stand it, it's like baby powder and doesn't go away.

Love this powder because it doesn't make me break out, and it covers nicely!! My only complaints are that you have to reapply frequently and the packaging could be better. The lid falls off pretty easily and can make a mess in my make-up bag if it gets tousled around. Other than those minor setbacks I highly recommend this powder to people with acne prone skin!

on 6/4/2014 8:39:00 PM

This powder made my face ITCH like crazy after putting it on. I also hated the STRONG perfume smell, which may be what my skin was sensitive to. As a setting powder I had no strong feelings about it—it was neither great nor terrible in performance—but because of the itchiness I returned my compact and won't be repurchasing it. I'd heard such raves about rice powder, so this was very disappointing. I'll be keeping an eye out for unscented rice powder from another brand to try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is probably the best loose powder I've ever used for my oily and blemish prone skin. It somehow glosses over my huge pores and makes them look smaller, and my skin smoother. The finish is also surprisingly not overly matte which I like. It keeps the oil away for a few hours, but even when I can feel it on my face, I can't really see it obviously appearing which is nice when I'm busy and not too diligent on the whole blotting routine. As everyone else has mentioned, the packaging is AWFUL. There's nothing you can slide over the sifter holes so the powder gets everywhere. Since I bought this in the US and was travelling for a month, I had to keep this in a separate tight fitting plastic bag in my makeup bag in fear of it getting everywhere. Also, the stiff little puff that comes with it is useless but I keep it there in attempts to lessen the amount of powder that comes out.

For reference, I use the colour 'natural' and I have fair, yellow toned (Asian) skin. It looks natural and not at all powdery.

Like any average lady, I've a very oily T-zone. I saw this at Ulta one day, upon reading the packaging, was immediately intrigued, whipped out my phone and read up on some reviews here on MUA, I was so stoked! It sounded awesome! Unfortunately, it did not work for me the way it works for other ladies. I wasn't too terribly disgruntled, as the price wasn't awful, and the packaging is awfully cute, though inconvenient. I discovered a way for this to work out in my favor though, on days I want my makeup dark or know I will have extraordinary fallout, I reach for this stuff, dab it underneath my eyes, and wipe away when I'm finished.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Believe it or not, I would prefer this over my YSL Matte Radiance Compact Powder. It really does control oil! I repurchased this a week ago and the first time I used it was seven years ago. The only thing I don't like is the packaging because it's messy but nonetheless effective oil control! You definitely get way more than you pay for! ($5)

For reference I am NC10 at MAC. Which means I am nearly albino, with warm undertones. I have extremely oily skin, big pores, & currently live in TX where summer is basically hot, humid, hell on earth. Saying it is hard for me to find proper make up would be an understatement.

I used Coty Airspun for years (which is talc based) & I really thought that was the best thing on earth since it wasn't full of silicone like most of the powders on today's cosmetic market. Silicones tend to only make oily skin more oily. I also tried silica based powders (IE: MUFE HD powder & the E.L.F knockoff...) but never got the hype. Today though, I only use Palladio Rice Powder. The only advantages it has over my beloved Coty Airspun is this setting powder keeps oil at bay longer & is more finely milled, so it never looks cakey nor makes my foundation appear unnatural. I like how this doesn't emphasize my pores or imperfections.

The only way I wish Palladio would improve this product is by having a broader shade range. I bought this in both Translucent & Natural with no luck. Translucent is pale enough, but too pink. Yet Natural was warm toned enough...but too dark. I can't win. Regardless I still consider this to be my HG setting powder. Translucent is...translucent...enough that the sickly pink undertone becomes barely noticeable over warm toned liquid foundation. As for Natural, I keep it for when I get stuck with a liquid foundation that's too pale or pink.

on 5/31/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

holy crap this was HORRIBLE. I purchased it two years ago and I had nothing but bad things to say about it. The color was terrible, went on really light beige and turned completely ORANGE after about 10 minutes. Made me suuuuuper oily and to top it off it got on everything!

The package was the worst, I literally had to tape it because it was so flimsy and it didn't do anything for my skin. The last straw was when I started breaking out after using it for a few days.

I will say that their blotting sheets are the SHEEEEET~ they come with a little bit of powder on them so when you blot you don't lose any of your makeup and they leave you really nice and matte.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

BEST LOOSE POWER FOR OILY SKIN and SHINY T-ZONE. I have tried many many brands of loose powder on the market but nothing can control my oily skin like this! This is really amazing. Initially i was really skeptical when i read all the reviews here on how awesome this was, but i thought what's there to lose? its only a few dollars anyways. I've spent 10-20 times more on high end loose powders that were absolutely useless. Now this powder keeps my skin shine free for many more hours, and it doesn't make me look cakey or settle into the fine lines at the end of the day. All other loose powder does make me look cakey after my skin gets oily. And other loose powders sometimes makes my skin color look uneven and chalky. But this really makes my skin look evenly matte and gives a lovely matte texture. If you have dry skin, skip this as it does cling on to dry spots. Other than that, try this! Its only a few bucks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this product. I apply liquid foundation, MAC powder and then this. It makes my skin look as flawless as it can possibly get and keep my oil under control without looking caked on. I have so many steps because of my moderate to severe acne. This is great stuff. Also, no ashy effect, which i know is a problem for people especially when taking photos.