Palladio Rice Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sadly, this didn't do much for me, and I'm not exceptionally oily or anything. It does control oil, but not as well as other powders, even those in the same price point. Also I know translucent is - uh, translucent, but I can't help but think this was causing my foundations to oxidize sort of pink on my face.

The outside packaging is cute, but it is unbearably messy to deal with. And that baby powder smell might be too much for some. I ended up tossing this one.

on 4/19/2013 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this powder in Translucent and it works great. The only con is the packaging-it sucks. I would like to see this powder as a pressed powder compact, it would be easier to work with. I will repurchase anyway, but not for a while, since there is a lot of powder in the little box! I especially like it to set my under eye concealer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this powder! It works well for me, but there was a learning curve!

Before I learned how to properly exfoliate, and care for my skin, I had very bad results with this. I stuck it in my makeup case, and didn't use it for a long time.

I have dry skin, I am not at all acne prone, but enjoy some very light coverage ocassionally. This is perfect! It gives me a little bit of coverage, it smells really nice, it lightens my medium complexion when I want to go for that look, it is super light weight, so it feels like you're not wearing anything!

I suggest getting your skin well moisterized, but relatively dry. Give it a go, I really like it.

on 11/1/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have this product in the shade natural. I bought this because I think the packaging is cute. It turns out to be a great setting powder. It is finely milled, doesn't break me out, and does a good job setting my foundation without making my dry skin look cakey. It's not expensive, and while the finish is in no way glowy or glittery, I don't find it overly matte either. Would repurchase.

on 7/13/2011 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this powder. It gave me a matte finish, and lasted all day long for me. I do have to say that the product is very finely milled, and glides very smoothly on the skin. I use it to set my foundation, concealer, and even eyeliner! But, since it is not mineral loose powder, I didn't know if I should of tapped some into the lid or take it straight from the sifter. If it was your first time trying this product, I recommend that you use it kind of as a mineral powder.

on 3/29/2011 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After watching makeupgeek's video, I wanted to give this a try. I went to Sally's and picked this up in translucent (to be on the safe side). I had been using mac's Mineralized skin finish, MUFE translucent powder, etc. I didn't want to pay another $30 for a setting powder (although it did last a long time), so I figured I'd try this. Whattheheck, right? If it sucks, it would be okay because it was less than $5. But I love it so far! I usually don't like to buy drugstore makeup products because my skin is very sensitive and will breakout easily if I buy the wrong product. The smell doesn't bother me at all and to be honest, I like this better than MUFE. With MUFE, my nose and forehead would get shiny in a few hours, but with the Palladio Rice Powder, I swear - my makeup was matte all day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product is pretty good; soft and smooth, looks lovely. But, it lasts me 2 hours max. It's a shame, I really loved this product, but it just doesn't have the staying power I'd hoped it would have.

on 3/10/2011 11:57:00 AM

I hated this product. I use liquid foundation and it would great UNTIL I put this stuff over top of it. I used this product for 4 mos straight trying to get it to look good and not waste product. Especially with all the rave reviews. I give up, it's going in the trash. It settled in my fine lines (I'm only 24!) and just overrall gave a bad appearance. It's not as finely milled as I would like for a setting powder. I def got what I paid for.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My first problem is with this powder is the how small the container is and how rough the puff that comes with it is. The square shape and the size makes this akward for daily use. The powder itself looks lovely and gives a nice natural finish...fast-forward a few hours later and your face is horribly shiny. It's a shame really.I won't repurchase and will probably on use this as a touch up powder. Product is also messy.

NOTE: not tested on animals, vegan friendly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder is fantastic...as a base. It just isn't good enough on its own for me; it wore out in a couple of hours and it didn't give a matte finish that I wanted. However, when used as a base with a matte finishing powder on top, it is brilliant. The 'natural' is the perfect shade for my skin. Packaging isn't all that good - the square makes it hard to hold and the pad that comes with it isn't the best, but will do.