Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

4.4

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a really great powder if you're looking to extend the wear time of your makeup and keep everything nice and matte. I have combination skin and I tend to get oily easily, and this powder absolutely prevents oil breakthrough for me. I have this in Translucent and it's perfect for my NW13 skin. This powder is also dirt cheap ($5) and readily available at Ulta or Sally Beauty. Highly recommended.

Finally a powder with NO SHIMMERS! This stuff is definetely matte. I got translucent and I'd say it has neutral undertones so it should work with both warm and cool. However it's also quite light and I'm more or less NW15 and this matches me perfectly so if you're darker, I would get the next shade darker. I've swatched many, many powders low-end and high-end and they all have stupid glitters/shimmers/sparkles which looks cheap, juvenile and ruins the concept of being matte. No titanium dioxide either thus more photogenic. The box is a little over 2x2 inches that has the lid open and close like a compact (I thought the whole lid would come off but one side is attached to the base thus flaps open kinda like a book). The packaging is what drew me towards this product the first place: a vintage 1930s Chinese calendar girl (NOT a geisha). All those trigger happy folks complaining that it's "racist" or "offensive" to have the Asian woman on the packaging: it's not racist or offensive at all. People complain that things are not multicultural enough and when there is one up like this packaging there are ignorant complaints that it's racist. Let's not drag race into everything shall we?

Back to my review, the scent is heavenly: it's not too overpowering and kinda reminds me of Chinese herb shops but in a good way and smells old-fashioned which I LOVE. Overall if you're looking for a matte loose powder w/o shimmers and a sucker for vintage packaging like me, go get it! I feel like I'm back in Old Shanghai when I use this and the pretty box sitting on my vanity table.

Edit: I realized the lid is taped on the base so you can either leave it or carefully peel and cut the tape off the lid. But I'll leave it on.

Despite it is a good powder, I feel like it leaves my skin a little bit lighter than it is. It lasts all day and that's amazing.

on 2/17/2012 4:36:00 PM

This product goes on smoothly and has a nice matte finish. It controls oil fairly well. The translucent shade has a bit of a yellow tint to it which doesn't really work for me. There's one reason why I won't buy this again. It builds up in pores and leaves dots of product there, making me look spotted up close. Maybe it wouldn't do that over a foundation, but alone it doesn't look right except from far away.

on 7/13/2010 5:43:00 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product. One of the best powders I have ever tried!!! I have oily skin, for which it is really hard to find a good powder, but this lasts for about 5-6 hours on my nose area, but all day on other parts of my face, which is great!!! Others tend to disappear on my skin after 2-3 hours from the entire face :( And you get a decent amount for your money too. The smell kinda threw me off at first, but I got use to it.

With simple ingredians, it is good product that wearing during summer time, easy to absort the oil on the face.

on 6/5/2006 12:26:00 AM

I LOVE this powder!! Bought it in Translucent from Sally's Beauty Supply. Even the translucent can add a little bit of color. I can wear this with or w/o liquid m/u. It is inexpensive. It does contain talc and some individuals dont like that but the formula work well for me. I only have to touch up once if it is like 100 degrees out. Very soft feeling. Packaging leaves alot to be desired, it is pretty messy. I have repurchased this a few times and will continue as long as they make it.

This is my new favorite powder.I was shocked that I could get this so cheap as well ( for $4.00) at sally beauty supply when I've spent up to $50.00 for other powders from other brands. This really is high quality powder and you'll love it :)

This is the best loose facial powder I have ever used! I just finished up a jar of Laura Mercier's loose powder and tried this item in the translucent shade on a whim. For me, it way out-performs Laura Mercier's loose powder.

I will never purchase another brand as long as Palladio continues to make this item. It keeps my face from appearing oily for longer than any powder I have tried before and sets makeup wonderfully.

This powder is of a very, very fine texture, and is virtually undectable once applied, softly blurring away any flaws. It is made of rice and has not caused my acne-prone skin to break out at all.

I have two minor complaints... The packaging. It is not attractive at all, but for the price, that's a minor issue. I can always transfer it to another container, which I intend upon doing. Also, I prefer unscented facial powders and this has an added generic powder fragrance to it.

Other than my two minor complaints, this powder is absolutely perfect for $5. In fact, I would even shell out $30 I had been paying for Laura Merier's powder for this product! continued >>

I like this powder. It seems to keep my oil at bay a bit better than my old standby---Almay loose powder. My one complaint? The puff sucks! Is it just me? I feel like I can put a gallon of the powder on the puff and still my face doesn't feel powdered. If I use it with another puff, it's much better.