Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

on 5/26/2017 1:53:00 AM

I have fair skin, so I bought translucent. It's not; it's orange and opaque. That isn't what I wanted, to have little orange speckles on my face. Yuck. So this did not work out for me; it's also drying, too much so.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a really great powder if you're looking to extend the wear time of your makeup and keep everything nice and matte. I have combination skin and I tend to get oily easily, and this powder absolutely prevents oil breakthrough for me. I have this in Translucent and it's perfect for my NW13 skin. This powder is also dirt cheap ($5) and readily available at Ulta or Sally Beauty. Highly recommended.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! I have super oily skin and have been using this as my setting powder in the color translucent (I'm very fair, and this doesn't add any color to my skin). This really helps control oil throughout the day better than any other powder I've used. There is a slight fragrance but it isn't too strong. The packaging isn't an issue for me. If you have oily skin, buy this powder!

on 5/4/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've just started using this powder, but I love it so far. It controls my oil better and longer than other powders I've tried, and I don't mind the smell. I also like the finish it gives my skin. Also, I'm very pale (as in sometimes the lightest foundation is too dark for me), and the translucent powder is just fine for me. It's also convenient for me that Sally Beauty carries it.

For those who think it is messy: don't remove the entire sticker on the sifter piece. Either peel up the sticker and cut part off then press the rest back down, or poke holes in the sticker over some of the holes in the sifter tray, so less powder comes out. I learned this trick for the ELF HD powder, and it makes such a difference. I'm also planning to put a hairband or rubber band on the package to keep the lid on for travel. I think I'm also going to get one to carry in my bag.

I apply this powder with the ELF Powder Brush, not the puff that comes with it. I leave the puff in the container to help keep powder from spilling into the tray, though.

I love that it's inexpensive. It covers my skin nicely, just enough coverage to minimize my acne scars. The downsides... the packaging is kind of messy, the lid does not stay on very well- you have to store it upright otherwise powder goes everywhere! Also, the powder usually comes off after 4-6 hours, however, this does not bother me because the positive is that this is one product that does not aggravate my sensitive skin!

on 4/8/2015 3:17:00 PM

I tried this after reading lots of great reviews. It is a very lightweight and nice smelling powder however my face was still oily after a few hours. I hate the packaging, it's very messy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Love this powder, it's lightweight and goes on smoothly for me! Only downside is if you spill any...it goes everywhere!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok this is amazing. Besides the fact that I have dropped this an spilled all over my black pants and carpet. A little goes a lonnnnggg way. Excellent for use with the Goss method

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This loose powder if fantastic. I bought a container on a whim and I don't regret it.
It effectively sets makeup, controls shine, and mattifies skin. Warning: A little goes a long way. Use a light hand when applying this stuff.
My skin is so pale that I can use this powder almost like a powder foundation after I have applied primer (I bought translucent). It feels good on the skin and has never caused me any irritation or to break out. I love it.
Of course I use it over my liquid foundation too. I tend to use it when I'm going for a more retro look, what with red lipstick and a black cat eye, as it really seems to provide that naturally matte finish that brings it all together.
However, the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. So, that is why it has only a four out of five from me. It can get messy very quickly. If I travel with it I tend to keep it in a plastic bag separate from my other makeup, just to avoid a messy spill. Or just tape the lid shut...
You do get a lot of product in this container though. Despite being relatively small, the powder supply seems endless. This, along with the fine quality of the powder, makes it a great value for the money.