Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sure this powder is cheap but it's not as finely-milled as I want my loose powders to be. Therefore, I think it's hard to shake out of the sifter and it ends up being very messy. It looks too thick and cakey on my face, and I don't think it does anything to prolong the wear of my makeup. In fact, I think my makeup looks pretty bad after I set it with this powder.

For anyone who is sensitive to smells, this does have a slight baby poweder-esque smell.

on 12/2/2017 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this daily to mattifying my under eyes, forehead, and nose area after applying my foundation. I find that it looks slightly too white for my skin tone right after applying it but as time goes by it looks more beautiful and natural looking which I love. I do find that my forehead will start getting a little too dewy for my liking after a good few hours have passed but for the price and quantity, I give it 4 stars for giving me a healthy glow for the rest of my face. Only con is the packaging! I would love for it to be more travel friendly so I could be able to set my makeup when I’m out but the powder gets EVERYWHERE if you flip the box around or worse, if you accidentally drop it.

on 5/26/2017 1:53:00 AM

I have fair skin, so I bought translucent. It's not; it's orange and opaque. That isn't what I wanted, to have little orange speckles on my face. Yuck. So this did not work out for me; it's also drying, too much so.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! I have super oily skin and have been using this as my setting powder in the color translucent (I'm very fair, and this doesn't add any color to my skin). This really helps control oil throughout the day better than any other powder I've used. There is a slight fragrance but it isn't too strong. The packaging isn't an issue for me. If you have oily skin, buy this powder!

on 5/4/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've just started using this powder, but I love it so far. It controls my oil better and longer than other powders I've tried, and I don't mind the smell. I also like the finish it gives my skin. Also, I'm very pale (as in sometimes the lightest foundation is too dark for me), and the translucent powder is just fine for me. It's also convenient for me that Sally Beauty carries it.

For those who think it is messy: don't remove the entire sticker on the sifter piece. Either peel up the sticker and cut part off then press the rest back down, or poke holes in the sticker over some of the holes in the sifter tray, so less powder comes out. I learned this trick for the ELF HD powder, and it makes such a difference. I'm also planning to put a hairband or rubber band on the package to keep the lid on for travel. I think I'm also going to get one to carry in my bag.

I apply this powder with the ELF Powder Brush, not the puff that comes with it. I leave the puff in the container to help keep powder from spilling into the tray, though.

I love that it's inexpensive. It covers my skin nicely, just enough coverage to minimize my acne scars. The downsides... the packaging is kind of messy, the lid does not stay on very well- you have to store it upright otherwise powder goes everywhere! Also, the powder usually comes off after 4-6 hours, however, this does not bother me because the positive is that this is one product that does not aggravate my sensitive skin!

on 4/8/2015 3:17:00 PM

I tried this after reading lots of great reviews. It is a very lightweight and nice smelling powder however my face was still oily after a few hours. I hate the packaging, it's very messy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Love this powder, it's lightweight and goes on smoothly for me! Only downside is if you spill any...it goes everywhere!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok this is amazing. Besides the fact that I have dropped this an spilled all over my black pants and carpet. A little goes a lonnnnggg way. Excellent for use with the Goss method