Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

on 2/18/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent oil blotting powder! Other than perhaps Kryolan Anti Shine, nothing has kept my very oily skin in check for much more than 2 hours. It has light to medium coverage so I use a little concealer for any marks but otherwise I can wear this on its own. Warm beige matches my NC40 skin well (it goes on fairly light but settles in after about 10 minutes and then blends darker). It smells of baby powder- in a good way- and keeps me oil free for about 4 or maybe 5 hours with a good base/primer underneath. The packaging isn't great as it goes everywhere when you pull the lid off but this isn't a problem for me as I just decant the powder into a smaller pot for my handbag. It's good value for money as well, very pleased!

For reference I am NC10 at MAC. Which means I am nearly albino, with warm undertones. I have extremely oily skin, big pores, & currently live in TX where summer is basically hot, humid, hell on earth. Saying it is hard for me to find proper make up would be an understatement.

I used Coty Airspun for years (which is talc based) & I really thought that was the best thing on earth since it wasn't full of silicone like most of the powders on today's cosmetic market. Silicones tend to only make oily skin more oily. I also tried silica based powders (IE: MUFE HD powder & the E.L.F knockoff...) but never got the hype. Today though, I only use Palladio Rice Powder. The only advantages it has over my beloved Coty Airspun is this setting powder keeps oil at bay longer & is more finely milled, so it never looks cakey nor makes my foundation appear unnatural. I like how this doesn't emphasize my pores or imperfections.

The only way I wish Palladio would improve this product is by having a broader shade range. I bought this in both Translucent & Natural with no luck. Translucent is pale enough, but too pink. Yet Natural was warm toned enough...but too dark. I can't win. Regardless I still consider this to be my HG setting powder. Translucent is...translucent...enough that the sickly pink undertone becomes barely noticeable over warm toned liquid foundation. As for Natural, I keep it for when I get stuck with a liquid foundation that's too pale or pink.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG staple in my powder collection. I've only bought this powder in Translucent which I recommend, because to me this powder is not a "foundation powder". It assists well as a setting/finishing powder when used in SMALL quantities. The puff it comes with is cheap and not worth using, and overall the packaging is pretty terrible lol. But, the product itself is worth the fuss. I apply this powder with a clean angled eyebrow brush on SMALL AREAS of my face. (ie the corners of my nose, top of nose, shiny spot on forehead and cheeks). I then blend with my fingers or buki brush. This keeps me matte for several hours. Because this powder is not great to travel with, when I go to work I bring the the Rice powder blotting papers with me and on my lunch break quickly blot my T-zone with half of a blot paper.
This routine has worked really well for me, I recommend others trying it! Plus it's very inexpensive and has not broken me out!

on 1/31/2012 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I honestly don't use a lot of loose powders. The only other one I have ever used is one by Aveda (sadly I don't know which one, and I don't think they sell it anymore). I decided to try it out after reading some reviews, and I can honestly see why it has great reviews. It gives beautiful coverage, doesn't cake up, doesn't clog pores, and it didn't break me out! I got it in translucent since the other colors looked too dark, and I haven't been disappointed. It kind of smells like baby powder, but its very faint.
My only problem with it is the packaging. While it is very cute, the cap comes off easily, and could make a mess if it were to drop. But other than that, its a fantastic product that I will definitely be purchasing again! ^_^

on 6/2/2011 4:50:00 PM

I've always used the expensive products (MAC, Lorac, Laura Mercier, Stila, etc.) and it doesn't matter if the product said "Oil Free", I still had TERRIBLE skin and an hour after I finished my makeup, I was shiny. I've been using this for 5 days (I ran out of my MAC Studio Fix and I've had this for a while) and already, my skin is soft, clear, and NOT OILY. I used to have acne bumps all over my face; blackheads; whiteheads; THE WHOLE DEAL, and it's ALL gone. Even if I put my makeup on at 6:20am, by 2:30pm, I'm not oily. And this has great coverage too!

For $5, this definitely beats MAC's Studio Fix Plus Foundation for $30.

Great buy, great results, I'm not switching back!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Oh my goodness, This is a AMAZING powder. It makes my skin look next to flawless, I have this in translucent, and it truely is, Keeps my liquid foundation the same color, and it doesn't oxidize, also keeps me pretty shine free. It does have a little bit of a scent, but nothing too bothersom, and it doesnt linger. The little puff they include is all that great, but I never use those anyways. Packaging is cute, can get a little on the messy side, but its worth it. [:

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Overall, this powder is wonderful -- great at absorbing oil and setting my Palladio Wet-Dry foundation -- but the packaging is frustrating. The box is extremely small and it's hard to get the right amount of product out of the sifter. I end up with either too much or not enough. Still, the product itself is so good that I can overlook the issues with the packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would I buy this again? IN A HEART Beat!

Why? It's just as good as any other powder I've ever tried, a crossed the board, price wise.

The closest to finish I can compare it to is the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Natural, BUT (with a huge BUT) this is way smoother on the skin.

I have dry skin, so the caked up powder look is WAY easier for my face to pick up than most because of excessive dead skin cells; powder tends to cling to those dry patches.. Yuck..

This stuff does not cake up at all! The fact it works on my skin and works so well is a true testament to how smooth it really is.

I use a powder puff (not the one given) and lightly roll the teeniest amount on my face to set my foundation, and Voila! It mattifies, but in a way that even a dry skinned gal can pull off.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Good: It's a very light, silky powder, but it actually stays on my skin. Does it's job well, and I love the packaging. It's sturdy; I bought it to replace the last powder I bought, which chipped and fell apart from daily use, then shattered when I dropped it. The container is strong, portable, and keeps tightly closed, so it doesn't make a mess.

Bad: I don't care for the little sponge-like thing/puff that came with it...but I have a kabuki brush that works wonderfully with it. And the smell is kind of baby-powder-esque, but it doesn't stay with you, so it's not that big of a deal.