Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

on 5/4/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've just started using this powder, but I love it so far. It controls my oil better and longer than other powders I've tried, and I don't mind the smell. I also like the finish it gives my skin. Also, I'm very pale (as in sometimes the lightest foundation is too dark for me), and the translucent powder is just fine for me. It's also convenient for me that Sally Beauty carries it.

For those who think it is messy: don't remove the entire sticker on the sifter piece. Either peel up the sticker and cut part off then press the rest back down, or poke holes in the sticker over some of the holes in the sifter tray, so less powder comes out. I learned this trick for the ELF HD powder, and it makes such a difference. I'm also planning to put a hairband or rubber band on the package to keep the lid on for travel. I think I'm also going to get one to carry in my bag.

I apply this powder with the ELF Powder Brush, not the puff that comes with it. I leave the puff in the container to help keep powder from spilling into the tray, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok this is amazing. Besides the fact that I have dropped this an spilled all over my black pants and carpet. A little goes a lonnnnggg way. Excellent for use with the Goss method

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Flawless finish for the super-pale gal? This stuff does it right!

The packaging is kind of a nightmare, with messy fallout and no sure way to keep the powder closed. Often on sale at Sally Beauty or Ulta, so you may as well give it a try!

This stuff is my little secret. I'm actually not a makeup person because my face gets super oily every time I wear it, but since I've discovered this product I'm much more comfortable wearing foundation. I only like the smell because it's nostalgic for me, but I can understand why others complain about it smelling like elderly women or whatever. I suggest you use a brush instead of the square applicator enclosed. Definitely give this a try if you're a profuse sweater/oily person.

on 8/26/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this powder! I'm very oily, and I've tried many powders, and this does the best job of keeping my oiliness down. Don't get me wrong, I still have to blot after 3-4 hours, but for me this is great. Even then I'm not super oily, just enough to need blotting.This is a lovely, soft, finely milled powder. It even has a nice mild scent. I use a big dense fluffy powder brush for this-I dip it in the powder, then swirl it in the box top to embed it well into the bristles. Then I press (not swipe) it into my skin. It gives me a matte leaning satin finish. I love the way it looks on my skin! I'm very fair and I use the translucent. I think the packaging is sort of cute on the outside! I find the best way to get the right amount of powder is to tip the box upside down once or twice-this will get some of the powder out of the little holes so you can dip your brush into it. It's easy to get too much but not hard to get the hang of getting how much you need. It's not really travel friendly if you're looking for that, but it's great to use at home. This is an HG product for me!

For reference I am NC10 at MAC. Which means I am nearly albino, with warm undertones. I have extremely oily skin, big pores, & currently live in TX where summer is basically hot, humid, hell on earth. Saying it is hard for me to find proper make up would be an understatement.

I used Coty Airspun for years (which is talc based) & I really thought that was the best thing on earth since it wasn't full of silicone like most of the powders on today's cosmetic market. Silicones tend to only make oily skin more oily. I also tried silica based powders (IE: MUFE HD powder & the E.L.F knockoff...) but never got the hype. Today though, I only use Palladio Rice Powder. The only advantages it has over my beloved Coty Airspun is this setting powder keeps oil at bay longer & is more finely milled, so it never looks cakey nor makes my foundation appear unnatural. I like how this doesn't emphasize my pores or imperfections.

The only way I wish Palladio would improve this product is by having a broader shade range. I bought this in both Translucent & Natural with no luck. Translucent is pale enough, but too pink. Yet Natural was warm toned enough...but too dark. I can't win. Regardless I still consider this to be my HG setting powder. Translucent is...translucent...enough that the sickly pink undertone becomes barely noticeable over warm toned liquid foundation. As for Natural, I keep it for when I get stuck with a liquid foundation that's too pale or pink.

I've been using this powder about a year now. At first I hated the baby powder type smell and the packaging was awful. I could not take it travelling and whenever I would use it all this powder would end up all over my vanity. Other than that... I have fallen in love. I bought the shade translucent because I am very pale and I'm so glad I did because the powder is not actually "translucent", it has some color to it. If you get the right shade, this even works as a powder foundation. What's more is that it doesn't have that chalky look, it looks smooth and really evens out your skin if you use a flat top powder brush (I use ELF's to apply it). I apply this on top of sunscreen to mattify it and if I want coverage, I will apply more. This makes my skin look airbrushed (not full coverage by any means, but in terms of texture) and even diffuses the light making my freckles look less noticeable. This does not oxidize on my skin or break me out. It does not last all day but my combination skin gets so oily, anything that I use does not hold up, not MAC, not anything so I'm sure the product would hold up well for someone without oily skin. Highly recommend because it lasts forever, it's only $5 at Sephora, it is multi-purpose, and it will make your skin look amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this product. I apply liquid foundation, MAC powder and then this. It makes my skin look as flawless as it can possibly get and keep my oil under control without looking caked on. I have so many steps because of my moderate to severe acne. This is great stuff. Also, no ashy effect, which i know is a problem for people especially when taking photos.

Natural ingredients, silky smooth texture in the box AND on your face, unbeatable oil control, layers beautifully, doesn't look like make-up, fresh comforting scent (kinda baby powder esque, but milder), verrrry affordable at your local Sally's. And I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it (considering I can live with the packaging). I have found my HG powder. Praise the lawd.