Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a really great powder if you're looking to extend the wear time of your makeup and keep everything nice and matte. I have combination skin and I tend to get oily easily, and this powder absolutely prevents oil breakthrough for me. I have this in Translucent and it's perfect for my NW13 skin. This powder is also dirt cheap ($5) and readily available at Ulta or Sally Beauty. Highly recommended.

on 6/30/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow I have been looking for a powder like this for so long and who knew it would be at my beauty supply store? I use this powder only in my t zone after my foundation/bb cream has set for a few minutes. I also use it to set my under eye concealer and it works perfectly for that too. It hides my pores perfectly and keeps my very oily skin looking matte for well over 5 hours. Even once I do start to look a little shiny, it isn't even that bad it just looks like a healthy glow. Buy this powder! The packaging sucks but it's well worth it!!!

on 4/18/2016 11:46:00 PM

This powder is a personal HG product. It keeps me matte for half the day, but even still doesn't leave me looking like a complete ball of oil. The packaging, however, is the most annoying thing ever. There is a tape around the box which is a little hard to remove because it does not completely come off (there might be some glue residue left behind), and once you do get the box open, there is a film on top of the holes were the powder comes out. I tried to peel it off as slowly as I could, but the filter just came off and powder went everywhere - the reviews weren't kidding when they said packaging was a bitch. Not a deal breaker though, still my favourite powder to set my face with.

on 1/24/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

HG powder. It's cheap, available locally at Sally's, and keeps my face shine-free all day! I have very oily skin around my T-zone, and this prevents me from looking like a lightbulb. The powder itself isn't too fine or chunky, and the Translucent shade doesn't leave a white cast on your face or make it look ashy (as long as you don't pile it on).

The packaging is the only thing that bothers me, but the problem is easy to fix. The case flips open but doesn't close completely, so don't lift it up by the lid, or else the powder will spill out. The little foam pad that comes with it is pretty useless, so I use my kabuki brush to apply the powder and spread it out. Just make sure that you get the right amount of powder on the brush, and you're set!

Finally a powder with NO SHIMMERS! This stuff is definetely matte. I got translucent and I'd say it has neutral undertones so it should work with both warm and cool. However it's also quite light and I'm more or less NW15 and this matches me perfectly so if you're darker, I would get the next shade darker. I've swatched many, many powders low-end and high-end and they all have stupid glitters/shimmers/sparkles which looks cheap, juvenile and ruins the concept of being matte. No titanium dioxide either thus more photogenic. The box is a little over 2x2 inches that has the lid open and close like a compact (I thought the whole lid would come off but one side is attached to the base thus flaps open kinda like a book). The packaging is what drew me towards this product the first place: a vintage 1930s Chinese calendar girl (NOT a geisha). All those trigger happy folks complaining that it's "racist" or "offensive" to have the Asian woman on the packaging: it's not racist or offensive at all. People complain that things are not multicultural enough and when there is one up like this packaging there are ignorant complaints that it's racist. Let's not drag race into everything shall we?

Back to my review, the scent is heavenly: it's not too overpowering and kinda reminds me of Chinese herb shops but in a good way and smells old-fashioned which I LOVE. Overall if you're looking for a matte loose powder w/o shimmers and a sucker for vintage packaging like me, go get it! I feel like I'm back in Old Shanghai when I use this and the pretty box sitting on my vanity table.

Edit: I realized the lid is taped on the base so you can either leave it or carefully peel and cut the tape off the lid. But I'll leave it on.

on 5/13/2015 11:23:00 AM

This powder is amazing. I have dry/oily skin, I get oily but my skin is highly sensitive and powder makes it feel super dry and cakey. This is the only powder I use, it's light, controls oil and feels amazing. The packaging isn't the best but for how great this product is I don't mind. It's pretty inexpensive so I would recommend everyone try it.

on 5/4/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've just started using this powder, but I love it so far. It controls my oil better and longer than other powders I've tried, and I don't mind the smell. I also like the finish it gives my skin. Also, I'm very pale (as in sometimes the lightest foundation is too dark for me), and the translucent powder is just fine for me. It's also convenient for me that Sally Beauty carries it.

For those who think it is messy: don't remove the entire sticker on the sifter piece. Either peel up the sticker and cut part off then press the rest back down, or poke holes in the sticker over some of the holes in the sifter tray, so less powder comes out. I learned this trick for the ELF HD powder, and it makes such a difference. I'm also planning to put a hairband or rubber band on the package to keep the lid on for travel. I think I'm also going to get one to carry in my bag.

I apply this powder with the ELF Powder Brush, not the puff that comes with it. I leave the puff in the container to help keep powder from spilling into the tray, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok this is amazing. Besides the fact that I have dropped this an spilled all over my black pants and carpet. A little goes a lonnnnggg way. Excellent for use with the Goss method

on 2/23/2015 8:48:00 PM

Perfection. So lightweight and little goes a long way. The price is the best part!