Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

on 11/24/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did not work for me. I was only after a couple of hours and this product is so messy.

This spells like baby powder, and I hate that, only tried it once, and regret wasting my $5 on this...i think it broke me out too after that one time using it, epic fail of a product, I don't know what makeup geek was talking about when she said it was so wonderful. I would be willing to give it another try if it didn't wreak like baby powder, this powder nearly makes me gag and I'm really not pleased

on 9/30/2009 3:19:00 PM

Translucent? No way. This stuff contains talc, and it provides a mask-like finish, even when applied with a brush. Not for those of us with good skin who are just looking for a setting powder. Will go right into the garbage where it belongs!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

returned it! did nothing *sigh still seraching for the perfect powder

on 1/4/2009 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't able to test this before buying it, which is a rookie mistake that my irritable-skinned self should know better than to make. Especially as the ingredients list clearly states "fragrance". It transpired that said fragrance was akin to the kind of toy make-up or perfume seven-year-olds are given to play with. After this inauspicious start, the rice powder's fortunes only worsened when my face began to protest - itching, slight stinging, little red bumps. I used it a few times in total with different products underneath to see if I could create a buffer that might allow my skin to tolerate the powder. I couldn't. Each time I was able to clearly detect its presence during the day if I happened to check my reflection, having experimented with a puff, a dense kabuki brush and a looser dusting brush to apply. This is partly my own doing, having tried to match the shade of my previous MAC loose Blot Powder and ending up with this in Fair, which isn't the lightest option. However, I think it's also a reflection on how coarsely milled the product appears to be in comparison to pretty much everything else I've tried (drugstore and high end). The packaging is so flimsy that the block of powder inside comes separately wrapped, with what I can only assume - because it would surely make a pathetic applicator - is a square of protective foam. Appealingly kitsch illustrations just didn't disguise or compensate for this...crappiness. I've had some pleasant surprises with Palladio, and this was karma's payback. Having said that, it did help me to realise that I don't like a completely matte finish to my make-up, so I'll be looking for light-reflecting particles (e.g. mica) in future powders. I applaud its minimal ingredients, simplicity and potential good value for money - means well, but must try harder.
Ingredients: Calcium carbonate (chalk), oryza sativa (rice) starch, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: iron oxides, talc. 5.98/44g, Sally's Hair & Beauty Supply.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My first problem is with this powder is the how small the container is and how rough the puff that comes with it is. The square shape and the size makes this akward for daily use. The powder itself looks lovely and gives a nice natural finish...fast-forward a few hours later and your face is horribly shiny. It's a shame really.I won't repurchase and will probably on use this as a touch up powder. Product is also messy.

NOTE: not tested on animals, vegan friendly.

on 9/5/2009 10:53:00 PM

This powder makes my makeup look thick. It doesn't control my oil as much as translucide Loreal powder does. And it made me break out. But, at least it was cheap.

on 10/30/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

After using the blotting sheets from this brand, that worked really well, I decided to get the powder. I figured it would work better. It works ok. Not really that great. It doesn't last long either. I also hate the packaging as it is very messy. The brush doesn't work either, so you should expect to use something else. It's an OK product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this based on the generally good ratings. I've also been using a covergirl mineral powder to set my foundation and wanted something to control shine better.

This powder is okay. I have it in translucent and it sets my foundation well. It gives me a very airbrushed, porcelain doll finish. when first applying, it's a half shade or so too light but then it melds into my skin and matches my skin color more. The staying power is good but it really doesn't control shine at all. It's no better or worse than my covergirl product.
I also enjoy the smell it has. It does have a light smell of baby powder but it doesn't linger.

I tried to use it on it's own and it's a very light coverage. But in a few hours, it's useless. Unless you already have about perfect skin, this won't last for you. I won't be using it solo again, that's for sure.
This also has not broken me out.

Overall, it didn't work as well as I hoped. I'll use it up and unless it starts doing miracles for my skin, I won't repurchase.

on 6/27/2010 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, it's dirt cheap, and it does a good job, I just wish to God it wasn't scented. Smells like old lady powder to me, and I just can't get past that.