Palladio Rice Powder

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/4/2014 8:39:00 PM

This powder made my face ITCH like crazy after putting it on. I also hated the STRONG perfume smell, which may be what my skin was sensitive to. As a setting powder I had no strong feelings about it—it was neither great nor terrible in performance—but because of the itchiness I returned my compact and won't be repurchasing it. I'd heard such raves about rice powder, so this was very disappointing. I'll be keeping an eye out for unscented rice powder from another brand to try.

Like any average lady, I've a very oily T-zone. I saw this at Ulta one day, upon reading the packaging, was immediately intrigued, whipped out my phone and read up on some reviews here on MUA, I was so stoked! It sounded awesome! Unfortunately, it did not work for me the way it works for other ladies. I wasn't too terribly disgruntled, as the price wasn't awful, and the packaging is awfully cute, though inconvenient. I discovered a way for this to work out in my favor though, on days I want my makeup dark or know I will have extraordinary fallout, I reach for this stuff, dab it underneath my eyes, and wipe away when I'm finished.

on 5/31/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

holy crap this was HORRIBLE. I purchased it two years ago and I had nothing but bad things to say about it. The color was terrible, went on really light beige and turned completely ORANGE after about 10 minutes. Made me suuuuuper oily and to top it off it got on everything!

The package was the worst, I literally had to tape it because it was so flimsy and it didn't do anything for my skin. The last straw was when I started breaking out after using it for a few days.

I will say that their blotting sheets are the SHEEEEET~ they come with a little bit of powder on them so when you blot you don't lose any of your makeup and they leave you really nice and matte.

I bought this before i found MAC blot. This product is ok. i hate that its loose powder. its horrible to travel with or to carry around with you if you get oily during the day. The color really shows up on your skin, and it turns me orange after a little while. It doesnt really help keep my face matte where i want it to, it just looks cakey. I love mac blot so much better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I don't like this powder. I was looking for a loose powder to set my liquid foundation. I was using Mally Beauty Skin Finisher which is a translucent kind of powder but once I was taner it left a whit cast on my face. So after reading reviews here I picked this up at Ulta for about 5 bucks. I got this in the color warm beige and it makes me look orange. I thought maybe it was my new liquid foudation that looked off (clinique stay matte). My skin is very oily and i didnt feel that this keept me matte at all. But after trying other powders on top I know now that it was this. My b day just passed and I bought myself the Nars loose powder in desert which I like much better.

on 9/5/2009 10:53:00 PM

This powder makes my makeup look thick. It doesn't control my oil as much as translucide Loreal powder does. And it made me break out. But, at least it was cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I recently got this at Sally Beauty Supply, to hopefully keep me shine free or just less oily :P The translucent is a bit light for darker skin, but it can be blended. I got the warm beige at first, but then switched b/c I didn't think the color would look right w/ my foundation :P The price was great and you really get a good amount of powder! It was a real downer when I tried this out for the whole day at school, and STILL got greasy as usual :( It does absorb oil, but it didn't keep me shine free the whole day like I wanted! It's good as a highlighter, but I probably won't buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Well, it does its job. The packaging is adorable and looks great on my counter.Of course you can't travel anywhere with it since your purse would be one hot mess. The finely milled powder feels good on my skin and it keeps me from looking oily. I would probably give it a better rating if it was talc-free. The applicator feels nice on your skin, but I use a brush so I don't look too powdery.

on 11/15/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have a hate-love relationship with this powder. I like how it works because it doesn't break me out, it has a medium coverage, it's matte and keeps oil under control. On the other hand its packaging can be horribly messy, I waste a lot, but the worst thing is its strong smell. I can't stand it, it's like baby powder and doesn't go away.

Love this powder because it doesn't make me break out, and it covers nicely!! My only complaints are that you have to reapply frequently and the packaging could be better. The lid falls off pretty easily and can make a mess in my make-up bag if it gets tousled around. Other than those minor setbacks I highly recommend this powder to people with acne prone skin!