Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

on 6/2/2011 4:50:00 PM

I've always used the expensive products (MAC, Lorac, Laura Mercier, Stila, etc.) and it doesn't matter if the product said "Oil Free", I still had TERRIBLE skin and an hour after I finished my makeup, I was shiny. I've been using this for 5 days (I ran out of my MAC Studio Fix and I've had this for a while) and already, my skin is soft, clear, and NOT OILY. I used to have acne bumps all over my face; blackheads; whiteheads; THE WHOLE DEAL, and it's ALL gone. Even if I put my makeup on at 6:20am, by 2:30pm, I'm not oily. And this has great coverage too!

For $5, this definitely beats MAC's Studio Fix Plus Foundation for $30.

Great buy, great results, I'm not switching back!

on 2/18/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent oil blotting powder! Other than perhaps Kryolan Anti Shine, nothing has kept my very oily skin in check for much more than 2 hours. It has light to medium coverage so I use a little concealer for any marks but otherwise I can wear this on its own. Warm beige matches my NC40 skin well (it goes on fairly light but settles in after about 10 minutes and then blends darker). It smells of baby powder- in a good way- and keeps me oil free for about 4 or maybe 5 hours with a good base/primer underneath. The packaging isn't great as it goes everywhere when you pull the lid off but this isn't a problem for me as I just decant the powder into a smaller pot for my handbag. It's good value for money as well, very pleased!

For reference I am NC10 at MAC. Which means I am nearly albino, with warm undertones. I have extremely oily skin, big pores, & currently live in TX where summer is basically hot, humid, hell on earth. Saying it is hard for me to find proper make up would be an understatement.

I used Coty Airspun for years (which is talc based) & I really thought that was the best thing on earth since it wasn't full of silicone like most of the powders on today's cosmetic market. Silicones tend to only make oily skin more oily. I also tried silica based powders (IE: MUFE HD powder & the E.L.F knockoff...) but never got the hype. Today though, I only use Palladio Rice Powder. The only advantages it has over my beloved Coty Airspun is this setting powder keeps oil at bay longer & is more finely milled, so it never looks cakey nor makes my foundation appear unnatural. I like how this doesn't emphasize my pores or imperfections.

The only way I wish Palladio would improve this product is by having a broader shade range. I bought this in both Translucent & Natural with no luck. Translucent is pale enough, but too pink. Yet Natural was warm toned enough...but too dark. I can't win. Regardless I still consider this to be my HG setting powder. Translucent is...translucent...enough that the sickly pink undertone becomes barely noticeable over warm toned liquid foundation. As for Natural, I keep it for when I get stuck with a liquid foundation that's too pale or pink.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG staple in my powder collection. I've only bought this powder in Translucent which I recommend, because to me this powder is not a "foundation powder". It assists well as a setting/finishing powder when used in SMALL quantities. The puff it comes with is cheap and not worth using, and overall the packaging is pretty terrible lol. But, the product itself is worth the fuss. I apply this powder with a clean angled eyebrow brush on SMALL AREAS of my face. (ie the corners of my nose, top of nose, shiny spot on forehead and cheeks). I then blend with my fingers or buki brush. This keeps me matte for several hours. Because this powder is not great to travel with, when I go to work I bring the the Rice powder blotting papers with me and on my lunch break quickly blot my T-zone with half of a blot paper.
This routine has worked really well for me, I recommend others trying it! Plus it's very inexpensive and has not broken me out!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would I buy this again? IN A HEART Beat!

Why? It's just as good as any other powder I've ever tried, a crossed the board, price wise.

The closest to finish I can compare it to is the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Natural, BUT (with a huge BUT) this is way smoother on the skin.

I have dry skin, so the caked up powder look is WAY easier for my face to pick up than most because of excessive dead skin cells; powder tends to cling to those dry patches.. Yuck..

This stuff does not cake up at all! The fact it works on my skin and works so well is a true testament to how smooth it really is.

I use a powder puff (not the one given) and lightly roll the teeniest amount on my face to set my foundation, and Voila! It mattifies, but in a way that even a dry skinned gal can pull off.

on 12/21/2006 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Rice Powder was great. I tried MAC blot powder and it made me look to "powdery." And almost kind of flakey. I wear Differen and Clindagel medication for my face, which kind of makes me nose appear "constricted" and shiny. Well, I put some of this on there, and it completely covered the shine without getting flakey looking :D And it's completely translucent, which is something I absolutely adore, because most "translucents" I've tried still add a bit of color.

*UPDATE* I've realized that it's not completely translucent. IF you don't blend well you might come out with really light patches.

on 11/24/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did not work for me. I was only after a couple of hours and this product is so messy.

on 4/29/2014 5:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hands down my favorite loose powder I've ever tried (I bought Natural). And $4.99 at ULTA! It buffs on so smoothly and and has quite a bit of staying power, especially for the price point. The packaging is cute as can be, but leaves a lot to be desired. This stuff can get messy. Deducting a lippie for that. But you're getting sooooo much product for $5. And it works easily as well as products I've tried at quadruple the price point. I only tried this because, eh, $5. One of the best $5 gambles I've ever taken, and I will repurchase this if I ever run out. You get quite a bit of product at that price! Totally worth a trip to ULTA for this stuff. I've heard they sell this at Sally too, if ULTA is out of the question.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overall, I like this so far. I have always used translucent setting powders and have only recently started playing with colored powders instead in the hopes that I could use less foundation/bb cream. I have this in the natural shade and was concerned it would be too dark for my pale ivory skin tone, but it isn't at all. One caveat - you definitely must use a nice kabuki brush to apply this. The puff that it comes with is not good at all. Also, the package is small and square. I just sprinkle it in the lid, dip my brush, tap the excess, and buff it into my skin. It is mattifying, but I still had to blot a few hours later. Overall, I like this a lot and will purchase again.