Palladio Rice Powder

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

IF you live somewhere where you are never (1) hot (2) humid or (3) both, you might want to skip this product.

If however you ever get hot, or sticky or both, I think you'll like this.

I just tried this powder because I have previously used and enjoyed the rice powder blotting papers. This nude colored powder is holding up to Hot Sticky Texas days quite well for me. I do apply it with a big brush to get the application even, because a little of this product goes a long way. I like the color and very matte texture. It doesn't feel heavy or perfumey.

If only it came in a better package. Be careful unwrapping because this powder comes in a solid cake and can break a bit and crumble at the edges.

on 6/21/2004 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow do I really like this powder. I live in Florida and have oily skin and this dosen't make my face oilier like mac seems to. I wasn't lucky enough to get it on sale at Ulta but at 5.99 you still can't beat it. I have this in Natural and it matches my fair/olive skin perfect. Will definately buy again!

on 8/2/2004 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great powder! It holds my oilies at bay better than any other powder I have used, and I've used many! I'm not wild about the smell, so I took off one lippie. It reminds me of "old lady" powder. I wish it came in a compact instead of the little box.

on 1/1/2005 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this loose powder! My aunt recommended it to me and I've never been so happy! The packaging is a little cheesy, but, it's whats inside that counts. I accidentally bought a darker shade and gave it to my sister. She loved it, too! I recommend the Palladio oil blotting sheets to go with it. You get a choice of using the rice powder paper side, or the plain paper side of the sheet. The price can't be beat (~$5.00US). This is a steal!

on 12/15/2005 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin and was looking for a finishing powder that would help eliminate shine. This is a pretty good powder. It helps control shine on my face but, not completely. The scent is not terrible and has not irritated my sensitive skin at all. I'm not quite sure if I will repurchase since it will take me a LONG time to finish this up.

on 10/23/2006 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use homemade rice powder a couple of years ago (sold by a seller on eBay), but I discontinue due to the texture was kinda rough. After came across Palladios rice powder here in MUA, I decided to give it a try and Im sooo glad I did! This rice powder is so finely milled! I have very very oily complexion and this powder (on top of my Palladios foundation) really make my face a lot less oily which I have never been able to achieved with any other loose powder). I only need to blot once or twice a day max. Im an AAB with tan/olive complexion and I use the beige shade which works great. I apply this powder with my Versace powder brush, and I also dab a little more on my nose with a flocked sponge. This powder comes in a square thick carton packaging, which isnt the best, but it works. I scoop half of it to BE jar for when I travel. When my Versace loose powder finished, I will transfer this rice powder to the jar (those who know Versace products must know how pretty the packaging are ^.^). I dont remember how much I paid for this powder, but Im pretty sure it was less than $5 at Sallys. I will definitely repurchase this again and again!

on 2/23/2007 3:11:00 PM

After years of wearing NARS loose powder, I decided to try this one due to all of the great MUA reviews that it got. I really love my NARS powder, but it is so expensive that I could not justify buying it again until I checked this one out. I must say that for the $ and quality of the powder, this one kicks butt over NARS! This one controls my oily skin, does not break me out and costs a fraction of the price that NARS does! I do, however agree that the packaging bites-it is small and messy and I could definitely do without the puff! The box itself is really cute and looks kind of glamorous! I will definitely buy this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderfully fine loose powder that costs 1/10 the price of department store brands. The packaging, along with its foam application pad, are unfortunately pretty useless, imo. Also, the shades are not very versatile--my complexion is somewhere between the translucent (white alabaster) and natural (beige) shades offered, so I have to buy both and mix them in a separate container. Still, the price can't be beat, it suits its purpose nicely, so I can't really complain.

on 4/8/2008 1:10:00 AM

Ive been loyal to my Palladio rice papers for a while now. When I noticed my NARS loose powder oxidized horribly, I set a search for a translucent powder.
Brands recommended on the MUA board were LM, NYC, MUFE and Palladio. I immediately searched for Palladio Rice Powder in Translucent.
Since I didnt find Translucent, I purchased it in Natural.
Im loving it! Much better than any setting powder Ive bought.
The box needs some improvement (no doubt) but the NARS sifter isnt that great either.
I do notice that my T-zone is less oily, but I still need to blot around 3x daily.
My skin is acne prone but under control. Havent had any breakouts (2 weeks now).
Im a sucker for oriental themes though.

on 8/25/2008 12:49:00 PM

I also just bought this on a whim with the summer heat and humidity I thought why not give it a try. Its mattifying effects are above average and last longer than other products I have tried. It also doesn't appear to clog my pores. I am not too keen on the scent but it goes away after a while. The poof that it comes with is awful but I apply with a brush anyway but if you prefer a poof I suggest buying one separately. I just wish the container was a little bigger so that I wouldn't make such a mess when putting powder on the brush.