Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder

on 7/12/2016 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because I wanted an everyday powder that will control the oil on my face. The reviews were mostly positive and it was fairly inexpensive that I even bought two for my mom, who also has oily face.

Translucent doesn't really give that ashy look which is great, unless you put too much on. Also, the powder has a smell but it's actually pretty nice, and I'm usually sensitive to smells. Packaging is definitely messy but I can live with it. Unfortunately, it means you can't really bring it with you for a touch up, which I don't like. The oil control for me was okay. I have tried this on with different products and I think it does an okay job. When I'm oily and I pat this on with a brush, it instantly gets rid of the shine and oil, but at the same time, it doesn't make me look super matte or dry. I also find that it sets my foundation and concealer pretty nicely.

I will be repurchasing this for everyday use.

on 6/30/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow I have been looking for a powder like this for so long and who knew it would be at my beauty supply store? I use this powder only in my t zone after my foundation/bb cream has set for a few minutes. I also use it to set my under eye concealer and it works perfectly for that too. It hides my pores perfectly and keeps my very oily skin looking matte for well over 5 hours. Even once I do start to look a little shiny, it isn't even that bad it just looks like a healthy glow. Buy this powder! The packaging sucks but it's well worth it!!!

To Read all 295 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/12/2016 6:52:00 PM

Love love love this powder. Really sets my foundation and looks smooth. Keeps me matte longer than most. It does have a strong smell ( I like it) but it doesn't linger. It doesn't have a lot of coverage so I wouldn't wear it alone. Only cons are the packaging. Pain in the butt. But worth it for the good product and good price

on 6/6/2016 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great powder for retouches trought the day... It gives you a mattifying look without looking cakeky, I do not like that it doesen't comes un different colors so the best option is the traslucent one

on 4/18/2016 11:46:00 PM

This powder is a personal HG product. It keeps me matte for half the day, but even still doesn't leave me looking like a complete ball of oil. The packaging, however, is the most annoying thing ever. There is a tape around the box which is a little hard to remove because it does not completely come off (there might be some glue residue left behind), and once you do get the box open, there is a film on top of the holes were the powder comes out. I tried to peel it off as slowly as I could, but the filter just came off and powder went everywhere - the reviews weren't kidding when they said packaging was a bitch. Not a deal breaker though, still my favourite powder to set my face with.

This is an extremely mattifying powder so if you're someone who has normal/dry or mature skin, you need to stay away from this but for oily folks, this is perfect. Especially when worn over a more natural/dewy finish foundation. Dusting this over an already matte foundation (e.g the loreal infallible or estee lauder double wear) is going to be too much and can look a little cakey but if you have a natural/dewy finish foundation that you love but want to extend its wear, this powder is perfect for that! I pair it with my Bourjois Healthy Mix and this powder prevents me from looking like an oil slick a few hours later.

However, the packaging is awful. I only opened half of the sifter and still the powder gets everywhere! The lid also opens quite easily. I really wish that they'll improve their packaging. Even loose powder don't have to be this messy.

on 1/29/2016 11:33:00 PM

BLEH. It smells extremely mature. It is literally pigmented baby powder to me. I don't really care for this product, save your money and buy a better powder.

on 1/24/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

HG powder. It's cheap, available locally at Sally's, and keeps my face shine-free all day! I have very oily skin around my T-zone, and this prevents me from looking like a lightbulb. The powder itself isn't too fine or chunky, and the Translucent shade doesn't leave a white cast on your face or make it look ashy (as long as you don't pile it on).

The packaging is the only thing that bothers me, but the problem is easy to fix. The case flips open but doesn't close completely, so don't lift it up by the lid, or else the powder will spill out. The little foam pad that comes with it is pretty useless, so I use my kabuki brush to apply the powder and spread it out. Just make sure that you get the right amount of powder on the brush, and you're set!

on 12/21/2015 3:10:00 PM

At first I tried this powder on it's own. I got the shade warm beige and it just oxidized a couple shades to dark on its own. Now I started wearing it after applying UD Naked, which I need to set or it just doesn't look right on my skin. That being said once I set it with this powder it looks great! Not flawless, because who am I kidding, I have acne prone skin, with large pores on my cheeks and some on my nose and I have trouble with hormonal acne on my chin. I don't use the powder for touch ups because I won't put this in my purse, the packaging is just horrible!

Normally I hate powders btw, they just never worked for me even with my oily skin, they would go from chalk powder face to oily tacky cake face within a couple hours. If this one works out, I am thinking of getting it in a shade lighter to see if I can wear it without applying a liquid foundation first.

I haven't test the flash back or used it long enough to see if it clogs my pores/causes a breakout or reaction because I haven't been wearing it long enough. Once I do or if I stop using it I will update my review.

on 11/24/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did not work for me. I was only after a couple of hours and this product is so messy.