Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.7

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I will be the first to admit -- I am a makeup snob. I started wearing makeup in the late 1960's, and I have always had the mindset that if it didn't come from a makeup counter at a major department store it was not touching my face . Period. I've used Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder #2 for years but they recently discontinued the #2 and now only make it in Translucent. I don't know if the formulation is different because I've had a couple of breakouts lately, and I'm 60 years old (but I still have very oily skin). Anyway, I recently retired and I'm trying to save a few bucks, so I figured I'd try it after reading the reviews on MUA, and if it didn't work I've only wasted a few bucks. I have never been so pleasantly surprised in my life! It goes over my foundation BETTER than the Laura Mercier! Lasts all day and holds back the oil so nicely. And the smell reminds me of a powder my grandmother and aunts wore, which I love. I took the powder out of the container and put it in my empty LM shaker container which functions much better. Oh, I purchased the powder in both the Warm Beige and Translucent to see which one I'd like better. My complexion is between Halle Berry and Vanessa Williams. The Warm Beige left a grayish caste on my face. The Translucent, which actually has a bit of color in it, works much better for me. I apply it over my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation using the big face brush from The Body Shop. My snob days are over. I love it.

on 7/7/2008 7:35:00 PM

rice powder is known to absorb oil leaving a matte finish. i was in a hurry at ulta and bought palladio's loose powder in hopes to give me the ideal matte finish. but when i got in the car and read the ingredients i was so disappointed. it contains: calcium carbonate, rice starch, TALC, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE,iron oxide. i understand starch needs preservatives but these mimic estrogen and may cause breast cancer. i did a lot of research and decided not to open the powder and just return it. i wouldn't even give it away bc i would feel guilty to give it to anyone else. there are makeup w/ natural preservatives such as tee tree, lavender, vit e.. etc. the ingredients in this product is not all natural.

on 8/31/2006 10:38:00 AM

This is a great powder! It instantly mattifies without being heavy, cakey or drying. For me it helps to keep the oilies at bay for at least several hours (which I consider a triumph). When the oil again breaks through during the day, just a light application makes my skin shine free with no build up. It also doesn't accentuate lines or wrinkles. It's best applied with a brush for a smooth and flawless finish. The price is certainly right - $4.99 at Sally's. The packaging is improved - a plastic lid that fits tightly and a sifter inside. My skin is pretty pale, and the translucent works wonderfully. I'm not crazy about the fact that it is scented, but even though my skin is usually irritated by scents, I haven't had any problems with this. A definite re-buy (when it runs out, which could take quite a while).