Palladio Rice Powder

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/11/2013 11:11:00 PM

I use the translucent and this is a fantastic finishing loose powder. I tend to be a bit oily in the T-Zone and this lasted at least 7hrs w/out touch ups (rice blotting paper). I use it with a big brush not the pad it comes with. I like that it's small enough for traveling too. Price point is not bad, I got it at Sally's for under $6.00.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Bottom line -- this works so well in creating a smooth finish over my makeup and even on my well mositurzed skin when I feel like taking it easy. Just a little is needed on a Kabuki brush to take down shine.

It's very matte... doesn't irriate my skin and is so cheap --- you can pick 2-4 shades (boxes) and mix to find the perfect shade for you. Or just go with the transluscent which is near colorless. LOVE it! And it's a must for teenagers and women of a mature age alike.

A plus is the very cute box it comes in... and the faintest scent that it carries that isn't overpowering at all.

Will purchase again and again.

on 1/25/2010 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a good powder for oilier and YOUNGER skins.

It was way too drying for me and it felt masklike. My face was the site of siesmic crack for a while until I sprayed it with Avene and let it breathe.

I am not saying this is not a good powder but it is not for anyone with normal or dry skins as it will feel like the iron mask. The color ranges are not for the demanding and you will have to make do with the offerings as this is hard to colorblend because of the brick presentation. I have found that on application it can also oxidize orangey. Although the rice formula is centuries old (China), it does not keep up with technological advances for our lives today.
It comes in a brick -- Ah the brick! It is heavy, unwieldy with a nasty little box which leaks powder all over anything and anyone. There is a slight sweet fragrance which is ok to me, but some of my clients did not like it. I

I am better off with my Kryolan setting powder even if it costs more.

on 9/30/2009 3:19:00 PM

Translucent? No way. This stuff contains talc, and it provides a mask-like finish, even when applied with a brush. Not for those of us with good skin who are just looking for a setting powder. Will go right into the garbage where it belongs!

on 8/21/2009 4:26:00 PM

Read a lot about this loose powder on MUA.

The Good:
Cheap.
Very fine so application is easy and looks good.

Not So Good:
Doesn't control shine any better than other loose powders I've used.
Packaging is horrible. I like to be able to remove the sifter and mix colors so I can make seasonal transitions from light to darker and back.

Would I buy again: Probably. It's so inexpensive (under $5) I can mix it with my more expensive loose powders and make them go farther.

This is amazing stuff---I just wish they made an accompanying pressed powder too. As a result of the reviews on this board, I sought out a Sally's Beauty Store. For $5 powder, I'd drive half-way across the country. It does exactly what all other posters have said--it keeps away the shine and it lasts darn near forever. I think my last box lasted about a year, maybe a little less. The translucent is a perfect shade for my skin, and even in the humid Texas heat the powder stays on a long time and keeps from looking oily. Absolutely give this a try, it's alot less of a gamble than spending $23 or so from a dept. store.

on 2/19/2006 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Great powder, does not dry your skin and gives a very nice matte coverage. The containder it comes in is mediocre and the powder can be messy to apply. I use my kabuki brush and i am always pleased with the results. I got it from sally's for under 5dollars.

Addendum:Winter time here in Boston and i had to stop using it as it is now making my skin very dry.
Update:its been a bad winter for my skin and this rice power is now very drying so i have stopped using it. I now use the Bobbi Brown pale yellow and Givenchy Prism.

on 3/23/2005 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Girls, the packaging is NOT an issue. Peel the clear-tape protective square off of the holes. No need to play with the lippee. Then tap the powder from the holes into the lid and swirl sith a fat brush, just as you would do with BareMinerals. This is fantastic stuff and well packaged for about the price of 2 Happy Meals.

on 3/22/2005 8:50:00 AM

I just bought this in the translucent shade at Sally's, and like it much better than the Coty Airspun that I was previously using. It doesn't have the strong perfumey fragrance that my Coty powder has, and it has a nicer, "less powdery" look to it. I think this is a very nice powder.

on 5/15/2004 3:42:00 PM

I use both the dual Palladio wet/dry foundation powder and the Palladio loose rice powder and love them both. I tend to use the wet/dry foundation powder when I need a little more coverage, then I use the loose powder when I want to look less "done up." The loose powder is very light and natural looking, better than any loose powder I've ever used, although Sonia Kashuk's comes close...I first read about these products here at MUA, and it's one of the best recs I've ever gotten. Someone mentioned, though, that the packaging of the loose powder is pretty sucky, and she's right. It's a square cheapy container with a cute pic of a geisha girl on the lid--love the geisha girl, hate the cheap plastic. (The cheap container is what kept me from buying this stuff for years, as I've been seeing it around for some time now)...Just don't let the crappy packaging throw you off, because you'll be missing out on a great product.