Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.7

on 5/26/2017 1:53:00 AM

I have fair skin, so I bought translucent. It's not; it's orange and opaque. That isn't what I wanted, to have little orange speckles on my face. Yuck. So this did not work out for me; it's also drying, too much so.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Love this powder, it's lightweight and goes on smoothly for me! Only downside is if you spill any...it goes everywhere!

on 8/26/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this powder! I'm very oily, and I've tried many powders, and this does the best job of keeping my oiliness down. Don't get me wrong, I still have to blot after 3-4 hours, but for me this is great. Even then I'm not super oily, just enough to need blotting.This is a lovely, soft, finely milled powder. It even has a nice mild scent. I use a big dense fluffy powder brush for this-I dip it in the powder, then swirl it in the box top to embed it well into the bristles. Then I press (not swipe) it into my skin. It gives me a matte leaning satin finish. I love the way it looks on my skin! I'm very fair and I use the translucent. I think the packaging is sort of cute on the outside! I find the best way to get the right amount of powder is to tip the box upside down once or twice-this will get some of the powder out of the little holes so you can dip your brush into it. It's easy to get too much but not hard to get the hang of getting how much you need. It's not really travel friendly if you're looking for that, but it's great to use at home. This is an HG product for me!

on 5/29/2010 8:49:00 AM

I've been using this for about a year now, thanks MUAers. I use it as a primer for my loose mineral makeup. It's great for my really fair skin and helps to control oil and keep my makeup fresh. I have tried it as a finishing powder and haven't had the same luck, so I continue to use it as a primer. I wash, tone and moisturize in the morning and then apply a light dusting of this on my t zone before applying my mineral foundation. My only complaint is that while the packaging is cute, it's impossible to transport and even in my makeup drawer I've manage to spill it as the lid does not screw on or attach in any way to the bottom. Good prouduct, will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

i use this as a primer to help with oil and it really helps my face from getting oily as quickly. usually i have to blot my nose, cheeks, and chin by about 1pm, but with this i have been able to go to 5-6pm before getting breakthrough. i dont use this as a finishing powder just because i like the NYC colorwheels to brighten me up a little, but under my powder foundation, it works great and never looks cakey or powdery no matter how much i put on (i have translucent). i took one lippie off just because the container sucks. it is really messy and small, and a square box really doesnt work when you are trying to swirl powder onto a brush, especially when the brush barely fits into the container.

on 10/25/2008 3:09:00 AM

OMG. This stuff has made me quit hating my extremely oily skin! It is great at controlling oil. I am blown away. I have been on the search for a decent powder forever. I find some that are better than others but nothing HG until now. I got the translucent shade. It's actually very, very fair so I wouldn't use it unless you are quite pale. This gives me a total porcelain doll face and never oxidizes. It hasn't broken my very acne prone skin out yet either so that's another bonus. It does have a baby powder like scent which I don't love but this stuff could smell like rotten eggs and I'd still use it. Give it a try if you suffer from a shiny face an hour after you apply your makeup. I also like the blotting papers made by this company. I've been using those forever but never thought to try the other products. Highly recommended.

on 5/15/2007 12:53:00 AM

I have the translucent powder and it does a great job. Sometimes I use it over everything else to set it and smooth it out and sometimes I will use it over just moisturizer and sunscreen. I use a brush to apply--yeah, that powder puff is a joke but so is any that comes with loose powder. And yes, loose powders do tend to get all over. That's the nature of the beast. I haven't had any problems with the packaging coming open. It stays closed very nicely.

on 1/28/2007 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A big bust. I searched this out b/c of the great reviews, and I don't like this powder at all. It is in a very small box with a little puff pad to apply. Forget the puff pad, I used my powder brush. It's a mess to get out of the box, and then gets all over. The powder itself is OK, feels nice and not cakey or chalky. Did NOT control my shine. I have dry skin, and use Neutrogena Sunblock w/ Age Shield 45 as my moisturizer/sunscreen; and that leaves a dewy sheen on my face. I love the sheen, but need to use a good powder for my T-zone. This powder did not work, and I will not buy again. I will stick w/ my HG = Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this gem at Ulta for about $6. It comes in a little clear square box and is in a cake form about 1" high - very generous. I have the powder in Fair - which works perfectly for my PPP skin. It also comes in 3 other darker shades & translucent. The powder is like silk and I am sure is the same as many of the high end powders for 3 times the price - the packaging says it is the secret of makeup artists. It is perfect for setting eyeliner and concealer. Huge RAVE!!!!!!!