Palladio Rice Powder

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/26/2017 1:53:00 AM

I have fair skin, so I bought translucent. It's not; it's orange and opaque. That isn't what I wanted, to have little orange speckles on my face. Yuck. So this did not work out for me; it's also drying, too much so.

on 11/24/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did not work for me. I was only after a couple of hours and this product is so messy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Love this powder, it's lightweight and goes on smoothly for me! Only downside is if you spill any...it goes everywhere!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

About the packaging: the picture is not a picture of a geisha! In the 1950s a lot of Chinese calendars and other products had pictures of girls on them. This is a Chinese girl from the 1950s. She has the 50s perm and is wearing a Chinese dress. I am Chinese and don't find this picture offensive at all. It's supposed to be kitschy, like having a picture of Marilyn Monroe on your makeup compact. The Palladio Rice Powder packaging is a bit like the packaging of TheBalm cosmetics. I don't know if rice powder is an "ancient" Chinese beauty product as it's probably not possible to know what people used in those times; but it is a very old beauty product used in many parts of Asia (by old I mean hundreds of years old as opposed to 5 or 6 thousand years old, which is actually ancient). T.LeClerc also makes a loose rice powder that is perfumed. If you want to save money and find bismuth irritating to your skin, the Palladio is a cheaper option. The T.LeClerc loose powder also originally came in tins that were not travel friendly. I bought some in 2006 and I had to sticky tape the lid on for traveling. The main difference between the Palladio and T.LeClerc is that T.LeClerc makes more colours.

on 8/26/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this powder! I'm very oily, and I've tried many powders, and this does the best job of keeping my oiliness down. Don't get me wrong, I still have to blot after 3-4 hours, but for me this is great. Even then I'm not super oily, just enough to need blotting.This is a lovely, soft, finely milled powder. It even has a nice mild scent. I use a big dense fluffy powder brush for this-I dip it in the powder, then swirl it in the box top to embed it well into the bristles. Then I press (not swipe) it into my skin. It gives me a matte leaning satin finish. I love the way it looks on my skin! I'm very fair and I use the translucent. I think the packaging is sort of cute on the outside! I find the best way to get the right amount of powder is to tip the box upside down once or twice-this will get some of the powder out of the little holes so you can dip your brush into it. It's easy to get too much but not hard to get the hang of getting how much you need. It's not really travel friendly if you're looking for that, but it's great to use at home. This is an HG product for me!

on 4/19/2013 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this powder in Translucent and it works great. The only con is the packaging-it sucks. I would like to see this powder as a pressed powder compact, it would be easier to work with. I will repurchase anyway, but not for a while, since there is a lot of powder in the little box! I especially like it to set my under eye concealer.

on 4/4/2013 4:12:00 PM

I have used this powder for about 2 years now to set my everyday foundation or BB cream (I use Estee Lauder DW or Rimmel BB Cream) This product is great if you are looking for a setting powder that will leave you with a matte finish. Touching up depends on your skin type..but before adding more powder I use oil blotting paper to absorb oil and then lightly dust the rice powder over my face with a large kabuki brush. I have this in Natural in both block and loose versions. If you are on the lookout for a good setting powder try this one :)

I've been using this since the late 80's early 90's.. It's seriously the best loose powder in the market and it's cheap to boot. It sucks up oil like nobody's business. sets my foundation like a dream. I've tried many different powders but I always seem to come back to this

this is the best powder, I got in in natural and use it as a foundation powder and it matches my skintone and makes it even and beautiful. I really like this over high end brand foundation powders. I love the price, not the packaging, but I keep it laying flat so it doesn't spill, can't travel with it, but I don't apply powder when I'm out anyway, it stays on all day. I am glad I found this and will be buying more.

on 12/23/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Much more affordable than BE Mineral Veil, but I don't like it as much. I'm very pale, NW20, and it still shows as a white powder on my skin. It doesn't settle and blend very well, and it seems to really collect around my nose, whether I'm wearing primer, foundation or just sunscreen. I tried it out, but I really don't love it and I'll pay a gazillion dollars more for mineral veil. If I was on a budget, I guess it would be ok, but with older skin, it's worth it to me to buy a product that works better for me.