Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/4/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've just started using this powder, but I love it so far. It controls my oil better and longer than other powders I've tried, and I don't mind the smell. I also like the finish it gives my skin. Also, I'm very pale (as in sometimes the lightest foundation is too dark for me), and the translucent powder is just fine for me. It's also convenient for me that Sally Beauty carries it.

For those who think it is messy: don't remove the entire sticker on the sifter piece. Either peel up the sticker and cut part off then press the rest back down, or poke holes in the sticker over some of the holes in the sifter tray, so less powder comes out. I learned this trick for the ELF HD powder, and it makes such a difference. I'm also planning to put a hairband or rubber band on the package to keep the lid on for travel. I think I'm also going to get one to carry in my bag.

I apply this powder with the ELF Powder Brush, not the puff that comes with it. I leave the puff in the container to help keep powder from spilling into the tray, though.

on 4/8/2015 3:17:00 PM

I tried this after reading lots of great reviews. It is a very lightweight and nice smelling powder however my face was still oily after a few hours. I hate the packaging, it's very messy.

on 6/4/2014 8:39:00 PM

This powder made my face ITCH like crazy after putting it on. I also hated the STRONG perfume smell, which may be what my skin was sensitive to. As a setting powder I had no strong feelings about it—it was neither great nor terrible in performance—but because of the itchiness I returned my compact and won't be repurchasing it. I'd heard such raves about rice powder, so this was very disappointing. I'll be keeping an eye out for unscented rice powder from another brand to try.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Flawless finish for the super-pale gal? This stuff does it right!

The packaging is kind of a nightmare, with messy fallout and no sure way to keep the powder closed. Often on sale at Sally Beauty or Ulta, so you may as well give it a try!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overall, I like this so far. I have always used translucent setting powders and have only recently started playing with colored powders instead in the hopes that I could use less foundation/bb cream. I have this in the natural shade and was concerned it would be too dark for my pale ivory skin tone, but it isn't at all. One caveat - you definitely must use a nice kabuki brush to apply this. The puff that it comes with is not good at all. Also, the package is small and square. I just sprinkle it in the lid, dip my brush, tap the excess, and buff it into my skin. It is mattifying, but I still had to blot a few hours later. Overall, I like this a lot and will purchase again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

While I am not crazy in love with this powder, it is nice. My all-time HG is MUFE HD Powder, and this is nothing in comparison. However, the MUFE powder is pretty expensive, so I like having a cheaper alternative around. It controls oil fairly well, but I do need to blot my t-zone after a few hours with this powder. Overall, for the price the product is really good, but it isn't the best loose powder on the market by a mile.,

on 2/7/2011 12:45:00 PM

I use this product everyday, over foundation, primer and moisturizer. It does a decent job setting my foundation and is dirt cheap. However, my skin is only a bit oily on my nose and chin. I lean towards dry (especially in the winter) so I am constantly moisturizing.

The packaging is a bit annoying, but you just have to learn to keep it in one place and not shake the crap out of it. That bothers me, because it would be nice to keep this in my purse during the day, for touch ups.

To be honest I did not even notice the smell until I read about in a review, and yes, it does kind of remind me of my grandma, but I only notice is for the 1 second that I fluff it on my face. It disappates.

Would I rebuy again, yes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Overall, this powder is wonderful -- great at absorbing oil and setting my Palladio Wet-Dry foundation -- but the packaging is frustrating. The box is extremely small and it's hard to get the right amount of product out of the sifter. I end up with either too much or not enough. Still, the product itself is so good that I can overlook the issues with the packaging.

I have found my new setting powder. I use this with the palladio powder brush and it works really well. It doesn't look cakey and I don't have to blot for at least a few hours, which is amazing considering I have oily skin. I noticed that the color doesn't change either. It does have a smell similar to baby powder but that's minor considering how well the powder works. My only complaint is the packaging; the product can be messy. I normally don't use the manufacturers packaging as I have my own containers I use, however I still am trying to open up the sifter lid to access the powder. I don't want to ruin my nails! I guess I'll have to find a knife or something later. For the price though I think it's a great product!

I have used this for about 3 weeks and really like it. I have the translucent variety.
Scent- I don't really smell it after it is on; I only really get that "powder" smell if I sniff the box of it.
Packaging- The square container was easy to hold and the sponge puff included fit well when inverting to dispense powder so there weren't dusties fluffing out of the side. BUT the sponge could have used a back-strap to fit over your finger. As soon as I find my own little pouf with a strap I will be switching that out.
Formula- LOVE IT! I use it to set my makeup or to control shine on my t-zone throughout the day. I can tend to get dry patches and this does not settle in or accentuate them.