Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

4.2

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a really great powder if you're looking to extend the wear time of your makeup and keep everything nice and matte. I have combination skin and I tend to get oily easily, and this powder absolutely prevents oil breakthrough for me. I have this in Translucent and it's perfect for my NW13 skin. This powder is also dirt cheap ($5) and readily available at Ulta or Sally Beauty. Highly recommended.

on 5/4/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've just started using this powder, but I love it so far. It controls my oil better and longer than other powders I've tried, and I don't mind the smell. I also like the finish it gives my skin. Also, I'm very pale (as in sometimes the lightest foundation is too dark for me), and the translucent powder is just fine for me. It's also convenient for me that Sally Beauty carries it.

For those who think it is messy: don't remove the entire sticker on the sifter piece. Either peel up the sticker and cut part off then press the rest back down, or poke holes in the sticker over some of the holes in the sifter tray, so less powder comes out. I learned this trick for the ELF HD powder, and it makes such a difference. I'm also planning to put a hairband or rubber band on the package to keep the lid on for travel. I think I'm also going to get one to carry in my bag.

I apply this powder with the ELF Powder Brush, not the puff that comes with it. I leave the puff in the container to help keep powder from spilling into the tray, though.

on 4/10/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not something special, too much smell and medium coverage. The package does not make it functional and the parabens that it consists make it unappealing for me to buy again.

on 4/8/2015 3:17:00 PM

I tried this after reading lots of great reviews. It is a very lightweight and nice smelling powder however my face was still oily after a few hours. I hate the packaging, it's very messy.

I bought this in Translucent due to the good reviews here in MUA, but sadly, this did not work for me. I've tried several ways of using it: a. As a setting powder- emphasized flakey spots; b. As a standalone powder/foundation- didn't fully sink into my skin no matter how much I buffed it on; c. As a touchup powder- looked weird & got cakey. Also, even if it says Translucent, it does have some color in it, & oxidized on me even if it was the only thing I have on my face. I'm not thrilled with the scent too and I got a few spots when I used it. To be fair, it also has some pros: a. Inexpensive; b. You get a lot of product; c. Contains some ingredients that are better than its competitors. I wanted to like this product so I kept it for a while, but when I cannot muster the energy to use it after a year, I chucked it away.

on 6/4/2014 8:39:00 PM

This powder made my face ITCH like crazy after putting it on. I also hated the STRONG perfume smell, which may be what my skin was sensitive to. As a setting powder I had no strong feelings about it—it was neither great nor terrible in performance—but because of the itchiness I returned my compact and won't be repurchasing it. I'd heard such raves about rice powder, so this was very disappointing. I'll be keeping an eye out for unscented rice powder from another brand to try.

on 4/29/2014 5:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hands down my favorite loose powder I've ever tried (I bought Natural). And $4.99 at ULTA! It buffs on so smoothly and and has quite a bit of staying power, especially for the price point. The packaging is cute as can be, but leaves a lot to be desired. This stuff can get messy. Deducting a lippie for that. But you're getting sooooo much product for $5. And it works easily as well as products I've tried at quadruple the price point. I only tried this because, eh, $5. One of the best $5 gambles I've ever taken, and I will repurchase this if I ever run out. You get quite a bit of product at that price! Totally worth a trip to ULTA for this stuff. I've heard they sell this at Sally too, if ULTA is out of the question.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Decent loose powder for the money, but this product doesn't have enough going for it for me to be willing to put up with the terrible, leaky packaging. This product has been leaking powder from the moment I took the protective outer tamper guard. Since the holes in the top of the sifter were still taped up at that point, I can only assume that the powder must have leaked around the sifter. I tried to minimize any future mess by only peeling off a third of the tape over the holes so I could reseal them between uses, but no luck. The powder sticks to the peeled back portion of the sticker, preventing it from resealing. So unless you store all of your makeup in a space where it can stay upright and undisturbed, this product is too messy to deal with.

As for the product itself, I found it to be good but not great. It's finely milled and soft, and if applied with a light hand, doesn't look cakey on or alter the color of my foundation. It doesn't cling to any of my dry patches either which is nice. It does a pretty good job setting my under eye concealer so that my mascara doesn't start to smudge by the end of the day, but over all I found its ability to control oil in my T-zone to be underwhelming. I find myself needing to blot after 4 hours and repowder my T-zone after 7, which isn't terrible, but isn't any better than most of the pressed powders I've tried that can do the same task with less mess.

Oh and this powder is pretty strongly scented. I don't mind as I don't find the fragrance (it smells like baby powder) offensive, but I imagine it wouldn't go over well with any one particularly sensitive to fragrant facial products.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Flawless finish for the super-pale gal? This stuff does it right!

The packaging is kind of a nightmare, with messy fallout and no sure way to keep the powder closed. Often on sale at Sally Beauty or Ulta, so you may as well give it a try!

guys get oily skin too and working in the modelling industry the last few years ive learned some secret tricks not many know about reguarding guys and invisible makeup tricks!! while on one of my more hi-profile shoots, the makeup artist had this product sitting out and was applying it to all the of us male models. not being a stranger to having makeup applied in various textures and types (many of which irritated my sensitive skin) I was a little surprised this was all she was using on us. noticing my slight confusion she continued to explain that this product was perfect for men for everyday use and not just on females for a finishing product. she explained this product would go on sheer and light, airbrishing the skin, evening tone and keeping the shine at bay for hours. wow was she right. it literally looked like I had nothing on, yet my skin retained such a matte smooth and greasless appeal! the kicker was she explained she purchased this product at Sally stores which are easily accesible and nationwide. after the shoot I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and stop in and get one of these. I bought it in the warm beige since I do spray tan and also purchased a "blush brush" for application. this is my best kept beauty secret. it literally looks like I am wearing nothing but my own healthy skin. people compliment my skintone as well telling me they've never seen such flawless glowing skin on a man. i only apply it mainly to my T-Zone as thats usually my oil problem areas (entire forhead, nose, cheeks and a bit on my chin) much like a bronzer is applied. in fact, this CAN be used as bronzer minus all the shimmery nonsence they add to most nowdays. I use this product atleast 4-5 times a week and have had my product for almost a year and a half now. you CAN travel with it but its best to scotch tape it closed whilst in trasit to prevent spills. I recommend this to girls and guys alike who want to have that air brushed look, natural flawless coverage, price conscious and practical product thats nothing short of a miracle! and at just over $5, theres absolutely nothing to lose :) xoxo