Palladio Rice Powder

Price: $

on 11/15/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have a hate-love relationship with this powder. I like how it works because it doesn't break me out, it has a medium coverage, it's matte and keeps oil under control. On the other hand its packaging can be horribly messy, I waste a lot, but the worst thing is its strong smell. I can't stand it, it's like baby powder and doesn't go away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Believe it or not, I would prefer this over my YSL Matte Radiance Compact Powder. It really does control oil! I repurchased this a week ago and the first time I used it was seven years ago. The only thing I don't like is the packaging because it's messy but nonetheless effective oil control! You definitely get way more than you pay for! ($5)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

BEST LOOSE POWER FOR OILY SKIN and SHINY T-ZONE. I have tried many many brands of loose powder on the market but nothing can control my oily skin like this! This is really amazing. Initially i was really skeptical when i read all the reviews here on how awesome this was, but i thought what's there to lose? its only a few dollars anyways. I've spent 10-20 times more on high end loose powders that were absolutely useless. Now this powder keeps my skin shine free for many more hours, and it doesn't make me look cakey or settle into the fine lines at the end of the day. All other loose powder does make me look cakey after my skin gets oily. And other loose powders sometimes makes my skin color look uneven and chalky. But this really makes my skin look evenly matte and gives a lovely matte texture. If you have dry skin, skip this as it does cling on to dry spots. Other than that, try this! Its only a few bucks!

on 7/24/2011 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love love love! This powder is so soft and gentle, looks gorgeous on, and I feel like a 1920's starlet using it. The transluscent shade works wonderfully for porcelain skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this rice powder. Ive tried many other loose powders to set my foundation and this is the one I keep buying. It never breaks me out and cuts down the oilys! Im not really a fan of the packaging though. I just shake alittle into the box's top and swirl my powder brush in that. The puff is useless, use a blush brush or large powder instead. Definitly will be repurchasing again and again.

on 6/2/2011 4:50:00 PM

I've always used the expensive products (MAC, Lorac, Laura Mercier, Stila, etc.) and it doesn't matter if the product said "Oil Free", I still had TERRIBLE skin and an hour after I finished my makeup, I was shiny. I've been using this for 5 days (I ran out of my MAC Studio Fix and I've had this for a while) and already, my skin is soft, clear, and NOT OILY. I used to have acne bumps all over my face; blackheads; whiteheads; THE WHOLE DEAL, and it's ALL gone. Even if I put my makeup on at 6:20am, by 2:30pm, I'm not oily. And this has great coverage too!

For $5, this definitely beats MAC's Studio Fix Plus Foundation for $30.

Great buy, great results, I'm not switching back!

I absolutely love this product. I use it after applying foundation and it makes my face look airbrushed. The thing that I really like about this is that it doesn't make my face look powdery or cakey, which a lot of other powders do to my face. I can also apply it without first using foundation or concealer (if I'm in a hurry), and it makes my face look smooth and diminishes redness and imperfections a bit.
The only gripe I have with this stuff is that it's not "travel friendly". The top just pulls on and off rather than unscrewing, and the makeup is in a sifter. I wouldn't want it to open up in my purse by accident because it would leak out all over the place. It would be nice if they would change the packaging to a round container with a screw top rather than a square. Other than that I'm completely thrilled by this and will continue to buy it.

on 9/5/2009 10:53:00 PM

This powder makes my makeup look thick. It doesn't control my oil as much as translucide Loreal powder does. And it made me break out. But, at least it was cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this b/c I had heard good things about it. Things I like: nice coverage (I can use it alone, gives medium coverage), helps eliminate shine, doesn't break me out, and the price is nice. Things I don't like: it has a weird scent and it doesn't come in enough colors. Other than that, it's fine. I'll probably repurchase unless I find one that matches my skintone better.

on 8/25/2008 12:49:00 PM

I also just bought this on a whim with the summer heat and humidity I thought why not give it a try. Its mattifying effects are above average and last longer than other products I have tried. It also doesn't appear to clog my pores. I am not too keen on the scent but it goes away after a while. The poof that it comes with is awful but I apply with a brush anyway but if you prefer a poof I suggest buying one separately. I just wish the container was a little bigger so that I wouldn't make such a mess when putting powder on the brush.