Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Rice PowderRice Powder

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is probably the best loose powder I've ever used for my oily and blemish prone skin. It somehow glosses over my huge pores and makes them look smaller, and my skin smoother. The finish is also surprisingly not overly matte which I like. It keeps the oil away for a few hours, but even when I can feel it on my face, I can't really see it obviously appearing which is nice when I'm busy and not too diligent on the whole blotting routine. As everyone else has mentioned, the packaging is AWFUL. There's nothing you can slide over the sifter holes so the powder gets everywhere. Since I bought this in the US and was travelling for a month, I had to keep this in a separate tight fitting plastic bag in my makeup bag in fear of it getting everywhere. Also, the stiff little puff that comes with it is useless but I keep it there in attempts to lessen the amount of powder that comes out.

For reference, I use the colour 'natural' and I have fair, yellow toned (Asian) skin. It looks natural and not at all powdery.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I don't like this powder. I was looking for a loose powder to set my liquid foundation. I was using Mally Beauty Skin Finisher which is a translucent kind of powder but once I was taner it left a whit cast on my face. So after reading reviews here I picked this up at Ulta for about 5 bucks. I got this in the color warm beige and it makes me look orange. I thought maybe it was my new liquid foudation that looked off (clinique stay matte). My skin is very oily and i didnt feel that this keept me matte at all. But after trying other powders on top I know now that it was this. My b day just passed and I bought myself the Nars loose powder in desert which I like much better.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For the price, this is one of the best loose powders that I have tried. My skin is oily, but it also has a tendency to feel dry and tight (during the winter months I'll even get patches of dry skin on my cheeks). This is one of the few powders that I've tried that controls th oilies, and does not accentuate dryness.

This powder offers a lovely, matte finish that does not look dull, dry or cakey in the least. I use 'Translucent', which is totally invisible when blended and does not cause an ashy, pallid or chalky cast on my light brown complexion. This powder does not cake up or feel heavy, even after a reapplication (which I usually don't need anyway since this product works so well to control shine all day long). I haven't tried any of th pigmented powders so I can't comment on coverage, but I imagine it'd be very light.

All that being said, I have heard that a lot of women with super oily skin found that this powder left something to be desired (SUGGESTION: Mattify! Cosmetics Ultra For Oily To Very Oily, Fyrinnae Oil Control or Jurlique Citrus Silk)...But for women with combo to mildly oily skin, this is a great option.

What I do hate about this product is the packaging. It's aesthetically pleasing (a cute little square box with a photo of a Geisha), but it's very impractical and messy (even for a loose powder). If you're not careful, the lid could come off while in your purse (it is not a screw on lid nor does it have a little latch). ALSO, the puff that they include with this product is pretty much useless (like most applicators included with makup I suppose). I use a regular large powder brush and lightly dust this product over my entire face. Sometimes I wear this alone, but other times I use it to set my makeup (which it does a great job of, really locks everything into place and looks/feels invisible). I also like to dust this powder over my lids before applying eye makeup to mop up the extra sweats and oils.

This product has a light baby powder scent, which for me isn't a problem, but for someone who's very sensitive, it might be (not that it smells "bad" by any means).

Anyhow, I would most definitly buy this product again (I plan on going to Sally's to purchase a pigmented one). It's a high quality product at a very low price. Though it's far from the best loose powder on the market, it's still good and it IS one of the best CHEAP loose powders for women who don't want to spend $40 on powder from MAC or MUFE....But like I said, skip this if you have a huge issue with oiliness or sweating. This powder is best suited to combo or mildly oily skin. Even I opt for other powders on hot days when I know I will be sweating a lot. But for everyday, this powder is a nice little addition to any makeup collection :)

on 11/21/2010 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I'm Asian with and oily skin and i really LOVE this product because it control the oil and makes my face look natural and smooth. It looks like if your are not using powder.
The only bad thing is that I HATE the packing of this product because when I want to use it on my car it get really messy.
But for the product itself I just LOVE it also for the natural ingredients.

on 2/11/2010 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the plus side, I really like the texture, it's very fine, doesn't clog up your pores, and absorbs shine quite well, so it's especially nice in the summer. On the down side, I have this powder in translucent, so it doesn't offer any coverage at all. I normally use LM tinted moisturizer, which sorta evens out my skin tone and brighten it up, but not much coverage either, so I really wanted a powder with a bit more colour in it. If you use actual foundation, then colour/texture wise this will be quite a good setting powder I guess. I'm quite skeptical about its staying power since it's colour-less, I can't tell if it's drifted off half way thro the day.
Packging coute be better, but I'm not complaining much XD the puff that comes with the box is utterly useless, I always use my own MAC face brush to dust it on then press it down at the T-zone with a sponge.

on 1/20/2010 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm using this in Natural, which is more yellow based. I use a kabuki to apply this, and it's my go to powder. Instead of pealing off the sticker that initially covers the sifter holes, poke out a few (not all) the holes with a needle. It makes it neater. The packaging is awful. There is no way to keep the lid on the container. Overall, it's a good cheap buy, I use it everyday and it's worth the $5 for 0.6 oz I've been using this since September and I have yet to make a decent dent in the amount.