Palladio Rice Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is probably the best loose powder I've ever used for my oily and blemish prone skin. It somehow glosses over my huge pores and makes them look smaller, and my skin smoother. The finish is also surprisingly not overly matte which I like. It keeps the oil away for a few hours, but even when I can feel it on my face, I can't really see it obviously appearing which is nice when I'm busy and not too diligent on the whole blotting routine. As everyone else has mentioned, the packaging is AWFUL. There's nothing you can slide over the sifter holes so the powder gets everywhere. Since I bought this in the US and was travelling for a month, I had to keep this in a separate tight fitting plastic bag in my makeup bag in fear of it getting everywhere. Also, the stiff little puff that comes with it is useless but I keep it there in attempts to lessen the amount of powder that comes out.

For reference, I use the colour 'natural' and I have fair, yellow toned (Asian) skin. It looks natural and not at all powdery.

For reference I am NC10 at MAC. Which means I am nearly albino, with warm undertones. I have extremely oily skin, big pores, & currently live in TX where summer is basically hot, humid, hell on earth. Saying it is hard for me to find proper make up would be an understatement.

I used Coty Airspun for years (which is talc based) & I really thought that was the best thing on earth since it wasn't full of silicone like most of the powders on today's cosmetic market. Silicones tend to only make oily skin more oily. I also tried silica based powders (IE: MUFE HD powder & the E.L.F knockoff...) but never got the hype. Today though, I only use Palladio Rice Powder. The only advantages it has over my beloved Coty Airspun is this setting powder keeps oil at bay longer & is more finely milled, so it never looks cakey nor makes my foundation appear unnatural. I like how this doesn't emphasize my pores or imperfections.

The only way I wish Palladio would improve this product is by having a broader shade range. I bought this in both Translucent & Natural with no luck. Translucent is pale enough, but too pink. Yet Natural was warm toned enough...but too dark. I can't win. Regardless I still consider this to be my HG setting powder. Translucent is...translucent...enough that the sickly pink undertone becomes barely noticeable over warm toned liquid foundation. As for Natural, I keep it for when I get stuck with a liquid foundation that's too pale or pink.

on 5/31/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

holy crap this was HORRIBLE. I purchased it two years ago and I had nothing but bad things to say about it. The color was terrible, went on really light beige and turned completely ORANGE after about 10 minutes. Made me suuuuuper oily and to top it off it got on everything!

The package was the worst, I literally had to tape it because it was so flimsy and it didn't do anything for my skin. The last straw was when I started breaking out after using it for a few days.

I will say that their blotting sheets are the SHEEEEET~ they come with a little bit of powder on them so when you blot you don't lose any of your makeup and they leave you really nice and matte.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this product. I apply liquid foundation, MAC powder and then this. It makes my skin look as flawless as it can possibly get and keep my oil under control without looking caked on. I have so many steps because of my moderate to severe acne. This is great stuff. Also, no ashy effect, which i know is a problem for people especially when taking photos.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I don't like this powder. I was looking for a loose powder to set my liquid foundation. I was using Mally Beauty Skin Finisher which is a translucent kind of powder but once I was taner it left a whit cast on my face. So after reading reviews here I picked this up at Ulta for about 5 bucks. I got this in the color warm beige and it makes me look orange. I thought maybe it was my new liquid foudation that looked off (clinique stay matte). My skin is very oily and i didnt feel that this keept me matte at all. But after trying other powders on top I know now that it was this. My b day just passed and I bought myself the Nars loose powder in desert which I like much better.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG staple in my powder collection. I've only bought this powder in Translucent which I recommend, because to me this powder is not a "foundation powder". It assists well as a setting/finishing powder when used in SMALL quantities. The puff it comes with is cheap and not worth using, and overall the packaging is pretty terrible lol. But, the product itself is worth the fuss. I apply this powder with a clean angled eyebrow brush on SMALL AREAS of my face. (ie the corners of my nose, top of nose, shiny spot on forehead and cheeks). I then blend with my fingers or buki brush. This keeps me matte for several hours. Because this powder is not great to travel with, when I go to work I bring the the Rice powder blotting papers with me and on my lunch break quickly blot my T-zone with half of a blot paper.
This routine has worked really well for me, I recommend others trying it! Plus it's very inexpensive and has not broken me out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I really love this product. It is a wonderful setting powder, I sweep it over my foundation and it really fills in fine lines. The price is really affordable, I got mine at Sally's for only $4.49 with my Beauty Card. The packaging is alright, but the lid easily comes off. I really do recommend this!!! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

my skin is veerrryy oily, sensitive, and acne-prone. i wanted a powder that could accommodate to it.
this product covered ALL my criteria! the warm-beige doesnt give a white cast and doesnt darken when it reacts with my oil. i dust it over my face before concealing, then dab more powder with my finger on any trouble spots (big zits) after concealing. this helps my makeup last for hrs on end! it also gives a flawless finish. i concentrate this stuff mostly on my t-zone area (by "concentrate" i mean a few light pats) and it keeps me matte w/o the cakiness. i still have to blot but only after hrs of matte-heaven.
ive been using this for a few months and it hasnt seemed to break me out. at the same time it doesnt help my skins condition either (probably due to the talc and parabens - major ingredient downside). it also tends to crease into awful parentheses-lines when i smile (a warning that it might settle into fine lines), so i avoid powdering that area. and the packaging is the worst! it comes out when you dont want it to, and doesnt come out when you do. just overall very messy...
but its still worth the great finish.

on 11/21/2010 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I'm Asian with and oily skin and i really LOVE this product because it control the oil and makes my face look natural and smooth. It looks like if your are not using powder.
The only bad thing is that I HATE the packing of this product because when I want to use it on my car it get really messy.
But for the product itself I just LOVE it also for the natural ingredients.

on 9/5/2010 1:34:00 AM

I love this powder. It's worked better than any others when it comes to my oily and acne-prone skin - it controls the shine and it does not break me out. I don't really notice the smell that other people complain of, but maybe it's because I use a brush instead of the puff type applicator that it comes with. I haven't tried anything other than the transclucent because I am so pale and afraid that the other colors might disappoint me by turning orange-ish or being too dark, but the transclucent blends perfectly anyway!