Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Rice PowderRice Powder

4.1

on 12/2/2017 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this daily to mattifying my under eyes, forehead, and nose area after applying my foundation. I find that it looks slightly too white for my skin tone right after applying it but as time goes by it looks more beautiful and natural looking which I love. I do find that my forehead will start getting a little too dewy for my liking after a good few hours have passed but for the price and quantity, I give it 4 stars for giving me a healthy glow for the rest of my face. Only con is the packaging! I would love for it to be more travel friendly so I could be able to set my makeup when I’m out but the powder gets EVERYWHERE if you flip the box around or worse, if you accidentally drop it.

Like any average lady, I've a very oily T-zone. I saw this at Ulta one day, upon reading the packaging, was immediately intrigued, whipped out my phone and read up on some reviews here on MUA, I was so stoked! It sounded awesome! Unfortunately, it did not work for me the way it works for other ladies. I wasn't too terribly disgruntled, as the price wasn't awful, and the packaging is awfully cute, though inconvenient. I discovered a way for this to work out in my favor though, on days I want my makeup dark or know I will have extraordinary fallout, I reach for this stuff, dab it underneath my eyes, and wipe away when I'm finished.

I've been using this powder about a year now. At first I hated the baby powder type smell and the packaging was awful. I could not take it travelling and whenever I would use it all this powder would end up all over my vanity. Other than that... I have fallen in love. I bought the shade translucent because I am very pale and I'm so glad I did because the powder is not actually "translucent", it has some color to it. If you get the right shade, this even works as a powder foundation. What's more is that it doesn't have that chalky look, it looks smooth and really evens out your skin if you use a flat top powder brush (I use ELF's to apply it). I apply this on top of sunscreen to mattify it and if I want coverage, I will apply more. This makes my skin look airbrushed (not full coverage by any means, but in terms of texture) and even diffuses the light making my freckles look less noticeable. This does not oxidize on my skin or break me out. It does not last all day but my combination skin gets so oily, anything that I use does not hold up, not MAC, not anything so I'm sure the product would hold up well for someone without oily skin. Highly recommend because it lasts forever, it's only $5 at Sephora, it is multi-purpose, and it will make your skin look amazing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this. It mattifys my complexion without looking super powdery. I think it helps control my oil a little better than when I don't use it and I got it on sale for $2.50. Very good value. Bad packaging though and the sponge it comes with is crap so use a brush.

Natural ingredients, silky smooth texture in the box AND on your face, unbeatable oil control, layers beautifully, doesn't look like make-up, fresh comforting scent (kinda baby powder esque, but milder), verrrry affordable at your local Sally's. And I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it (considering I can live with the packaging). I have found my HG powder. Praise the lawd.

on 1/31/2012 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I honestly don't use a lot of loose powders. The only other one I have ever used is one by Aveda (sadly I don't know which one, and I don't think they sell it anymore). I decided to try it out after reading some reviews, and I can honestly see why it has great reviews. It gives beautiful coverage, doesn't cake up, doesn't clog pores, and it didn't break me out! I got it in translucent since the other colors looked too dark, and I haven't been disappointed. It kind of smells like baby powder, but its very faint.
My only problem with it is the packaging. While it is very cute, the cap comes off easily, and could make a mess if it were to drop. But other than that, its a fantastic product that I will definitely be purchasing again! ^_^

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Oh my goodness, This is a AMAZING powder. It makes my skin look next to flawless, I have this in translucent, and it truely is, Keeps my liquid foundation the same color, and it doesn't oxidize, also keeps me pretty shine free. It does have a little bit of a scent, but nothing too bothersom, and it doesnt linger. The little puff they include is all that great, but I never use those anyways. Packaging is cute, can get a little on the messy side, but its worth it. [:

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product is pretty good; soft and smooth, looks lovely. But, it lasts me 2 hours max. It's a shame, I really loved this product, but it just doesn't have the staying power I'd hoped it would have.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the most perfect powder I have ever tried. It made my pores look invisible, it set my foundation perfectly, and I stayed matte for a good portion of the day. The only complain that I have is the that there isn't a good variety of shades. I need something a tad lighter but there is nothing lighter available. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Good: It's a very light, silky powder, but it actually stays on my skin. Does it's job well, and I love the packaging. It's sturdy; I bought it to replace the last powder I bought, which chipped and fell apart from daily use, then shattered when I dropped it. The container is strong, portable, and keeps tightly closed, so it doesn't make a mess.

Bad: I don't care for the little sponge-like thing/puff that came with it...but I have a kabuki brush that works wonderfully with it. And the smell is kind of baby-powder-esque, but it doesn't stay with you, so it's not that big of a deal.