Palladio Rice Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/24/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

HG powder. It's cheap, available locally at Sally's, and keeps my face shine-free all day! I have very oily skin around my T-zone, and this prevents me from looking like a lightbulb. The powder itself isn't too fine or chunky, and the Translucent shade doesn't leave a white cast on your face or make it look ashy (as long as you don't pile it on).

The packaging is the only thing that bothers me, but the problem is easy to fix. The case flips open but doesn't close completely, so don't lift it up by the lid, or else the powder will spill out. The little foam pad that comes with it is pretty useless, so I use my kabuki brush to apply the powder and spread it out. Just make sure that you get the right amount of powder on the brush, and you're set!

on 11/27/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've heard a lot about this product and I really like it! It kept my forehead and nose *pretty* matte looking and it set everything well. The only thing that could potentially be a problem is the lid, which doesn't seem to secure all that well, but that's nothing. Overall this is an awesome product, and I will be repurchasing it.

Love this powder because it doesn't make me break out, and it covers nicely!! My only complaints are that you have to reapply frequently and the packaging could be better. The lid falls off pretty easily and can make a mess in my make-up bag if it gets tousled around. Other than those minor setbacks I highly recommend this powder to people with acne prone skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is hands down best the powder ever! I'm a lover of pressed powders because I feel like they are more convenient & don't waste as much product as loose powders but considering the packaging was so cute & it claimed to be oil controlling I had to give it a go. First off, packaging will sucker you in but the loose lid will leave you feeling mixed on it. Don't be afraid...this powder is so smooth & finely milled that once you set your makeup at home it will fill every space on your face while providing soft feeling oil control that lasts all day. My Holy Grail powders have been the pressed ones from Neutrogena but I have to always touch up whatever foundation I'm wearing with those. With this rice powder all I get is soft, mad oil control that lasts for hours on end. I just use a small blush brush & swirl it in, tap off the excess & I'm good to go! Also perfect for baking!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the actual powder itself! It keeps me pretty matte for a while which is a miracle for my super oily skin! BUT the biggest and only con is that it's not a pressed powder. Do not bring it around with you! It goes EVERYWHERE! When you open the cap a powder cloud will form around your face. And I'm not fond of the smell. I wish they would make a pressed powder ):

Like any average lady, I've a very oily T-zone. I saw this at Ulta one day, upon reading the packaging, was immediately intrigued, whipped out my phone and read up on some reviews here on MUA, I was so stoked! It sounded awesome! Unfortunately, it did not work for me the way it works for other ladies. I wasn't too terribly disgruntled, as the price wasn't awful, and the packaging is awfully cute, though inconvenient. I discovered a way for this to work out in my favor though, on days I want my makeup dark or know I will have extraordinary fallout, I reach for this stuff, dab it underneath my eyes, and wipe away when I'm finished.

I've been using this powder about a year now. At first I hated the baby powder type smell and the packaging was awful. I could not take it travelling and whenever I would use it all this powder would end up all over my vanity. Other than that... I have fallen in love. I bought the shade translucent because I am very pale and I'm so glad I did because the powder is not actually "translucent", it has some color to it. If you get the right shade, this even works as a powder foundation. What's more is that it doesn't have that chalky look, it looks smooth and really evens out your skin if you use a flat top powder brush (I use ELF's to apply it). I apply this on top of sunscreen to mattify it and if I want coverage, I will apply more. This makes my skin look airbrushed (not full coverage by any means, but in terms of texture) and even diffuses the light making my freckles look less noticeable. This does not oxidize on my skin or break me out. It does not last all day but my combination skin gets so oily, anything that I use does not hold up, not MAC, not anything so I'm sure the product would hold up well for someone without oily skin. Highly recommend because it lasts forever, it's only $5 at Sephora, it is multi-purpose, and it will make your skin look amazing.

on 3/11/2013 9:05:00 AM

Description
This original ancient Chinese loose powder is perfect for absorbing excess oils, highlighting your features, and setting your makeup.

Directions
Simply brush on all over face for natural look with brush or puff.

PROS
-sheer
-makes my skin look smooth
-light-weight
-maintains my combination/oily skin for about 5-6 hours (I get oily on cheeks, forehead, nose)
-good setting powder
-does not clog my pores
-no break outs or irritation from it
-cheap and worth trying

CONS
-comes off a bit white and ghostly looking (maybe just don't apply as much)
-description says you can use it as a highlighter which explains the white ghost look
-not an effective highlighter
-not a "natural looking" color
-not translucent
-packaging is messy (it's like using a powder puff with mineral foundation)
-lid does not stay on tight
-not good for portable use in purses or bags
-has a scent to it (not extremely strong, you won't be smelling it throughout your day)

OVERALL
It's worth trying for the price. The description makes it seem multi-purposeful but really the only thing I like it for is setting. and have fun with the mess!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this. It mattifys my complexion without looking super powdery. I think it helps control my oil a little better than when I don't use it and I got it on sale for $2.50. Very good value. Bad packaging though and the sponge it comes with is crap so use a brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say that this product does the job very well with good coverage and the best price.
I don't give this 5 lippies because if you have acne-prone skin, this WILL and I promise you it WILL brake you out..
I was very sad I had to give it to my aunt (she introduced it to me) because I was getting so many bumps...
also not many choices too choose from for color, but I would get the second darkest and it'd work okay