Chanel Rouge Allure 43 Flash Quartz

No Image

on 5/17/2009 2:37:00 PM

I love the Rouge Allure collection. Unlike the Hydrabase collection, this does not dry my lips and has a good staying power. The colour is beautiful, a peachy nude beige with a bit of frost but no shimmer. A very elegant look that is suitable to daytime but also to dressed-up occasions. I occasionally pare it with Chanel Hydrabase Magnolia Rose to tone down the pink which I find a bit too "ballerina pink" and it is a nice combination.

on 3/15/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Every since I got this a few weeks ago at Nordies I keep reaching for it as an everyday sort of lipstick. It doesn't really look like it does in the tube (frosty scary rose)- It's a pinky peachy brown color just a tad darker than my lips, and it is very flattering! I like how it has a slight frosty finish - the frost helps to give some dimension to your lips - but there are no sparkles. (I tried another RA, Tender, which is a beautful milky pink but it was ruined by large sparkles.) This is a great everyday neutral shade that is LE. It coordinates well with the JC blush in Rose Petale.

on 12/2/2008 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this sight unseen off of the Chanel website and I have to admit that I was completely surprised when I opened the tube for the first time. It is really shimmery/frosted looking in the tube, which scared me at first, but decided to give it a try anyway. I was pleasantly surprised, it is a lovely peachy brown color -- more on the peach side with my skin tone and very little of the frostiness. It is a very smooth and creamy consistancy. Very comfortable to wear and seems as though it also moisturizes. My first encounter with Rouge Allure formula was successful.

on 11/10/2008 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If this lipstick wasn’t a Limited Edition piece, it would so become my first HG lipstick!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous color -a warm rose. The shade is that rosy brown like good quality cinnamon. It reminds me of Hydracaresse in Pink Sugar, also by Chanel, except much more interesting with a luminous, smooth satin finish compared to the shimmery finish of Pink Sugar. Flash Quartz has a shimmery overlay on the surface that but it isn't shimmery on the lips. There is something, a sheen, that gives it dimension. Oh, and the formula hugs every curve of the lips it is dead sexy. Too bad the shade didn't do anything for my complexion. I can't give it less than 5 lippies when the only thing wrong with it is that it was the wrong shade for me. Oh well, up for swap it goes. Will I repurchase? Yes, in another shade. The packaging it ultra chic too.

on 1/29/2008 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this color - it's somehow a slightly metallic pink without being frosty. Since it's not overly cool (in fact, I think it's on the warmer side) and nicely pigmented, any skintone should be able to wear this. As with the other Rouge Allures the texture is long-lasting and slightly creamy. It was part of the Limited Edition Gemstones collection, but worth tracking down.

Popular Lipsticks