4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I finally picked the Velvet Rope set up a few months ago when Debenhams had it on 20% off, so it was £11 something. I definitely didn't need any more e/l but I really like the colour combination. A black, a shimmery white, a darkish metallic green, a gold-flecked brown and a pretty plum. You can use one or more of the colours in loads of different combinations. I reach for them a lot more than I thought I would, which is saying something. The staying power is pretty good, and they are definitely smudgeproof on me. Applies smoothly. A very useful and good value set of decent eyeliners.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

I purchased this product in "Velvet Rope" when it was on sale in the RIP section of the UD website ($13.99). I use all colors but the white on a regular basis, I never thought I'd use colored eyeliner. A really great value, even with shipping and tax I paid about $20 for the whole set, which is $4 a pencil which is definitely worth it for UD! My only complaint is that these pencils are very creamy and claim to be smudgeproof, however they transfer easily to my eyelash curler when I curl my lashes. My fix was to curl lashes, apply liner, then apply mascara, but I didn't like to change my sequence of makeup application.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

3.0

10 years ago

I bought this set in velvet rope. I was a bit afraid it would be metalic but it was not. I've had really good luck with UD products staying on for a long time, so I gave this a try. I've only used it today but so far I really like it. It stays on ok and the colors are pretty but not over done. Update-Lancome Artliner and Mac fluidline paint pots, and Bobbi Brown lines are the absolute best I have found for long wearing liners.

About reviewer (263 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

Love Urban Decay's eyeliners! Wide range of colors, super creamy and blendable, waterproof! I got the VIP set on sale at Ulta for only about $14. It comes with the 24/7 liners in Lucky, Zero, Lust, Covet, & Electric. Colors are very vibrant, amazing pay-off. Definitely recommend trying these shades if you can't find the VIP kit anywhere.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

11 years ago

Velvet Rope is a great eye pencil set. Each shade is a neutral with a sprinkling of glitter, complementing any eye colour. The texture is soft enough to blend and firm enough for precision lining. The products neither crease nor run, and the pigmentation is superb. The set is fantastic value for money. Mine was reduced to £11.20 from £15.68 as part of a promotion at Debenhams, so buy in bulk while you can. To put the price into perspective, the entire set costs roughly the same as a single Shu Uemura Drawing Pencil. I hope the Urban Decay people never discontinue this set.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

I bought BOTH the VIP and Velvet Rope sets during the 30% off friends and family promotion. Urban Decay normally sells these in a full size for $16 and these sets are $29 each. With the 30% off, they were $20.30 each... just over the cost of each individual eyeliner. I had been planning on buying Zero and Yeyo for sure and kept debating which color I wanted to get on top of those... but since I could get both sets during the sale for less than the cost of three regularly-priced full size liners, I figured I'd try nine shades out! I like all of the colors, although I'm less interested in Lucky and 1999. I'm really lemming Deviant, Ransom, and Graffiti... I love the brilliant, creamy, true-to-life colors that these pencils deliver. I haven't actually tried it yet, but it seems that these would be really awesome for doing some elaborate "face-painting" designs. Covet would make some beautiful leaves, and 1999 could make flowers... I drew all of these on the back of my hand and then washed my hands. It took an awful lot of scrubbing to remove these. I haven't had the smudging problems others have with UD pencils, however I do wear them over an eyeshadow over Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

About reviewer (165 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

I couldn't decided between Stash or Bourbon so I bought the Velvet Rope collection. I didn't care much for the white (too metallic) or black (too harsh) ones. The plum one is just ok. They are nice and creamy, easy to apply, and the color lasts a long time without fading.

About reviewer (458 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I bought the Velvet Rope collection and absolutely love it. I already knew how great the formula was because I own the copper shade and decided it was time to get some basic colors as well. You can't beat the buttery soft texture that just slides with the greatest of ease over your lash line. It wears great all day with no fading or smudging, especially if you are wearing the Primer Potion as a base. The colors are great and I'm overall really pleased. The only thing I'm not crazy about in this particular collection is the white pencil. I thought it would be great for lining my lower water lines to brighten up my eyes, but it barely shows up and then disappears within minutes. Other than that, very happy and will continue to use only UD pencils. HG for sure.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

11 years ago

Normally I line with eyeshadow because liner pencils usually pull at my eye which I hate, but I was really tempted by these travel sets because UD's 24/7 liners get such great reviews. When UD had their recent f&f sale I bought both sets and have to say I am very impressed- These are the best eyeliners I have ever purchased! The colors are vibrant and long lasting. They stay put all day and are easy to blend. I am 100% pleased and would absolutely repurchase the full sizes in the future!

About reviewer (456 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Other

EyesHazel

11 years ago

<b>Velvet Rope:</b> Yeyo (metallic white), 1999 (plum w/ teeny gold glitter), Zero (zealous black), Bourbon (brown w/ teeny gold glitter), Stash (dark green/gold) <b>VIP:</b> Zero (zealous black), Lucky (brilliant deep copper), Covet (peacock green), Electric (bright aquamarine), Lust (plush purple) UD isn't sold in Australia, and i've wanted to try the eyeliner due to the reviews. So when I had the chance to get my hands on them I bought both the VIP and the Velvet Rope set. I have to say the Velvet Rope is my favourite. I anticipate buying full size of all the Velvet Rope colours soon. The colours are beautiful. There are small glitter particles in some of the shades which is more evident if i'm smudging the liner out with my smudge brush. When keeping the intense solid line its less evident, just gives a sparkle/sheen. I love that I have some time for smudging before it sets to its permanent finish! I've not been so successful with pencil liners before now. My lashes tend to get in the way and without heaps of effort there is a bit of a gap between my lashline and the eyeliner. But NOT UD! The soft, smooth texture of these pencils allows me to get right to the bottom of the lashline without difficulty. It also doesn't tug or catch on the delegate skin of my eye. These last well on me, without smudging or fading. Doesn't irritate my eyes even when used on the waterline. For pencil liners, I don't see me buying any other brand any time soon. If only they brought out a taupe shade! (ETA I just checked website and they have! i'm going to have to get underground!).

About reviewer (160 reviews)

Age30-35