MAC Paint Pot in Greenstroke [DISCONTINUED]

Paint Pot in Greenstroke [DISCONTINUED]

4.9

on 11/20/2010 11:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This Paint Pot is discontinued and that is such a shame! I own several paint pots and besides Painterly this is by far my favorite. My favorite look is applying this to my lid and then doing a smokey eye with blue based charcoal eyeshadows. I get a ton of compliments on that look.
This is also a paint pot that you can create a whole look with JUST the paint pot. When I am in a rush this is my go to product. I just smudge a little on my lid and a bit on my lower lash line and go! It looks great and if you add just a tiny dab of a green on the outer corner it looks like a well thought out look!
This color can be used with so many different colors. I love using charcoals/blacks, blues, purples, and greens with this! It is really creamy and hasn't started to dry out at all. I store all my paint pots upside down.
The packaging is cute and sleek and I really like it. It is nice and heavy so I don't worry about it breaking if it falls. If you can get your hands on this I highly recommend it! I hope I can find another one when I run out of the one I have.

on 4/22/2010 3:04:00 PM

I found this at a local CCO. Great find. I love the color. I like to pair it with Tete-A-Tint eyeshadow (same as Sincere blush) on the crease to blend. Looks great with my NC30 skin. It didn't crease. I'm not sure why some of these crease on my lids and some don't.

on 6/25/2009 10:20:00 PM

I've loved every MAC paint pot I ever tried-they make the best bases when layered over TFSI. This one is a gorgeous mint green with slight shimmer. Applies easily with a teklon concealer brush, very easy to blend, and just 'sticky' enouh to make my loose mineral pigments stick. This one really brightens up any green shadow! I'm so glad it is part of my collection.

I came across this at a CCO awhile back, and am happy that I picked it up! It's a great silvery mint-green that can be used by itself for a gentle look, or as a base. I use it as a base for a lot of my green looks, and I've also used with some purple and pink looks. I feel that it is very versatile. Too bad it's a discontinued product :( Luckily my paint pots last me forever so I should be good!

on 11/18/2009 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I never thought I would use this, but I finally did one day and I love it. I am not a big green person, I like to add it as a base for my greens and my blues.It makes it so much prettier that I am happy that i bought it

on 10/27/2009 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Excellent shade of Paint Pot that I've used on all skin tones. I've even used it on the lips although you're not supposed to and achieved this gorgeous warm pewter color. As a matter of fact, I'd just recently given my Greenstroke a stir and a slight warmin' up to get the product flowin' all smooth n' sexy again. Fantastic shade, versatile, easily restored if improperly cared for, excellent product amount for price point and various usages.

on 4/12/2009 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Another great Paint Pot from MAC! Greenstroke is a silvery minty pale blue/green. It looks amazing on my warm skintone and brown eyes. It's gorgeous worn alone, or paired with Ether or Plumage in the crease. Applies smoothly and doesn't crease at all. One of the better PP's MAC has released!

on 11/28/2008 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite paintpot of those I've tried and it made me want more. It's still my favourite. Creamy, easily blendable (I use my finger to apply) and applies evenly. Shade is a gorgeous cool, silvery mint green with silver shimmers. Applied sheerly it's subtle, but it's easily buildable to get the colour true to the pot.

My favourite eye looks all use Greenstoke - it's a really versatile base. Can be used with other greens (obviously) but also works really well with greys, taupes, browns etc. Under Circa Plum for example, it plays up the beautiful silvery-ness. Today I have Sweet Sienna over it in the outer third and it's love. I can use it with different browns to cancel the red tones and "cool" them down a bit. I can apply matte shadows over it if I don't want them to look quite so flat. Used sheerly on its own I get a lovely ethereal eye.

I do find that if applied heavily without another base it can crease, but not if applied sheerly. For peace of mind I apply a thin layer of TF Shadow Insurance underneath - I've never had any problems this way.

The texture isn't dry like some others (Blackground for example) so it goes on smoothly and is grippy enough to hold pigments.

I'm light and cool-toned and for me it's perfection. I continue to be suprised by just how versatile it is and the range of shades it works well with. I consider this HG, and that rarely happens for me with colour cosmetics.

Me: cool, light skin tone - Chantecaille Ivory/Chanel Limpide-Nude/Mac NW15-20ish. English rose complexion. Blue eyes and brown hair.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is my favorite paint pot of all to bad its LE. beautiful green with pearl. i like to use it on its own, but it can be used as a base. i havent had any problems with creasing, and staying power is really good.

on 2/20/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This paint is sooo pretty! I found this at a CCO and I so glad I did! Its seems to be a very bluish color but slight green color, with silver shimmer. It looks odd in the pot, but once applied, it looks beautiful. I think this the best with light baby blue colors and but can also work with greens. Really pretty color.