Dior Diorama EDT

No Image

4.8

on 3/17/2017 2:26:00 PM

I cannot talk about vintage Diorama. I have only ever had the pleasure of experiencing the new version on sale today.
White flowers and then peach , a semi chypre dry down .This is beautiful .
As the experienced Dior SA said, this is real perfume. Dior Privee is very modern in contrast ,very streamlined. I also love and appreicate ALL of the Dior Privee. Comparing the styles side by side , as I have done .. I say :

Diorama is drama . Complexity , a lot of emotion in this scent .

Longevity is not that long, nor is sillage immense. I find Diorama very top and mid heavy , dense and old school in the first 45 mins . After the expansive white and slightly buttery florals the peach is sweet surprise.
I love Diorama . The drydown is a bit lacking ...
I find Diorama very individualistic actually though I see a relationship to scents like Femme and Mitsouko . Truly the only have the plum / peach vibe in common .

Long live Diorama.
I see that even the new version of Diorling is now very hard to find anywhere !

Is it ' en vogue ' to eschew older style fragrances because they are' perfumey' ?
What is wrong with smelling like ' real perfume ' ?

And what a name ! Diorama.

on 5/29/2011 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Finding a vintage bottle of this stunning perfume has left me in a state of awe - what if I had never smelled it??! I certainly missed it back in the day and I doubt that it was ever sold in Australia. But there it was on the infamous auction site, 'pour le voyage' on the box, probably bought 'duty free' decades ago by an intrepid traveller to Europe.
I am now forever doomed to keep logging on and searching....I have been spellbound...
It is supposedly a classical chypre, but to me it has more in common with Fracas, and, as I keep swooningly smelling and analysing, Dior's monster wonder Poison. There is danger in the overwhelming heady almost toxic bloom of its jasmine-gardenia-lily heart sweetened with dangerously tempting almost rotting melon-y fruit.
I can see why this was discontinued; its almost too much femme. This woman is a dangerous witchy vampire of the soul, offering a poison chalice with blood-red nails and pale blue eyes glittering with supernatural worldliness.
I have heard that this has been reissued, with mixed reviews. But it would have to be worth smelling...and if you ever get the chance to get a vintage bottle, sell your soul for it.

on 3/22/2011 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Wow this stuff smells amazing. Its soft, delicate ultra feminine. Not too sweet like so many other perfumes and not too powdery just perfecTion

on 4/15/2008 12:45:00 PM

Diorama is one of the few fragrances that have left me speechless at first sniff. Another was her cousin, vintage Diorling. In fact, I looked down at my Diorama edt sample again to make sure that I was not smelling the Leather Goddess that is vintage Diorling. Anyways, the white floral notes of tuberose and jasmine came classily strolling out along with a hint of leather. Then emerged just a tiny smidgen of spices (saffron and/or cumin perhaps, but only a minuscule amount) all luxuriously wrapped in full fat, creamy, honest-to-God fresh butter. My words cannot do this fragrance justice. All I can say is that by the end of the 3rd hour, Diorama had dried down into a luxurious buttery floral leather scent that is simply hands-down gorgeous. I would adore to own a bottle of this!

Here are the notes, courtesy of The Perfumed Court: melon, peach, plum and white florals.

Popular Fragrances