no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Amazing sillage, not cloying but very powerful stuff. This is a real head turner of a fragrance. I just want to fall into this when I smell it. It's sexy and gorgeous. What a masterpiece of a fragrance. I think this is best for evening but worn lightly, OK for day. It's just too sexy (and quite powerful) for office type environments. This is a HG fragrance in every way. Love it.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

Before I was gifted this perfume, I had pretty much resigned myself to the fate of the unscented. For the life of me, I couldn't find a scent that I liked, smelled good on my body, and didn't irritate my allergies. I really never thought that THE ONE would come to me out of nowhere. Good thing I was wrong! Gucci smells warm with a hint of floral and some very faint sweetness that makes it light enough to wear during the day. It fades considerably after about an hour, but I usually can still smell it on me for 4+ hours after putting it on. Because I was gifted the perfume, I had no idea of the price before looking it up, which is why I'm giving a 4 star review. Over $100 is WAY out of my budget. I'm just not sure I'll be willing/able to spring for that after I use this bottle. Thankfully, that'll be a long time from now.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

from

7 years ago

It isn't cloying, which is important given that both lily of the valley and tiare flower, let alone orange blossom, can make for some sweet fragrances. Didn't really pick up any fruity topnotes and believe it must be the basenotes that are making this a more sophisticated fragrance. Could wear it easily when Bal a Versailles or Narcisse Noir would be too much. This is the 2002 version in the squat, square, brown bottle.

About reviewer (763 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

9 years ago

I like this one by gucci, its definately a scent I only wear in the winter months. Stong, woodsy, musky in a good way. I get lots of compliments when I wear it though.

About reviewer (212 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark, Cool

HairBrunette, Kinky, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

10 years ago

I AM CONFUSED BY SOME OF THE GREAT REVIEWS!! BUT, TO EACH THEIR OWN! AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES THE WORLD SO INTERESTING!! Anyways, this has a VERY VERY VERY VERY STRONG PATCHOULI smell! NOT in a good way! When I put it on this is actually smelled like a type of WHISKY!!! There are NO FRUIT NOTES AT ALL!!! Maybe ""FERMENTED FRUIT""!!!! For real! This reminds me of a nasty smelling mens cologne! BUT I DOUBT THE ""MAJORITY"" OF ANY AGE WOULD TRULY WEAR THIS DAILY! I wonder how some are smelling the fruit notes. Because, ladies I promise they are not there! Like I said above the only fruit notes that I smell are FERMENTED FRUIT!! ALCOHOL! Listen, I love wearinf designer anything, we all do! But, I gave this many chances and it is not worthy of the name Gucci! IMO! I love a musky soft and sensual smell. Or a sweet fruity vibrant scent. Or any scent that starts out whatever and ends with a dry down of an amber/musky/soft patchouli scent that has a warm soft sensual like ending. But, this has none of the above going for it. I expected more from a product named after itself! THIS IS 100% LIKE A: WANNA BE "HIPPY" WEARING TOO MUCH PATCHOULI (because they don't shower with strong B.O.) and they are DRINKING A HARD SMELLING "WHISKY" YUCKY! HIPPY..... Body Odor..... WHISKY!!! NASTY!!!!

About reviewer (189 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

Look up blackberry_belle's review and read it, it is spot-on. The richness could be so beautiful, but the fruity notes spoiled it. I like patchouli, but I don't like it in this.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3.0

10 years ago

I hope I've put this review in the right place. This is for the Gucci in the brown, heavy bottle with gold top and clasp... anywho I found this fragrance quite abrasive for the first hour, with my nose picking up a tinned pear smell and patchouli. My nose doesn't recognise things like Guava or Haitian Tiare flower, though I got freesia in the middle notes- maybe my nose doesn't work. Unfortunately the patchouli never went away, but I did start to get delicious, muted honey notes and powdery musks after 2 or 3 hours. Lasting time was ho-hum for me, as I sniffed my wrist after 5 hours and got nothing EDIT: I smelled guava for the first time today at a juice bar, and yes, it smells like tinned pears to me :) Guess my nose isn't broken after all!

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

Nope. Gucci uses that thin, bitter, sweet patchouli, and too much of it. It reminds me in a not good way of Angel (minus, thankfully, the pineapple and urine), Shanghai (minus, sadly, the spice and wood), Lovely (minus, sadly, the gorgeous florals and musk), and NR (ditto minuses for Lovely). The patchouli has a tiny hint of dry chocolate, which makes it just slightly less awful than the patchouli in NR, but overall, I don't like this. To be fair, I'm not a patchouli lover in general. But I do occasionally enjoy the headshop variety for nostalgia and it's rich, thick resin-y quality, and more often enjoy the thick, resinous, rich, woody patchouli of Borneo, or YR's Cocoon, or Les Nereides patchouli scent. Those are dry, layered, expensive patchoulis. The patch in this smells like a cheap chemical wash. I wish I loved this as so many do, but I cannot get on board.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrown

from

11 years ago

Sweet floriental fragrance. Doesn't smell bad but quite generic imho. The drydown turned very strange on me - almost like cigarette smoke. 1 lippie for long lasting power and 1 lippie for bottle.

About reviewer (249 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

11 years ago

I have to say that I am suprised at all the good reviews. It does smell like something my grandma would wear although i dont think that even she would enjoy this one. I don't know if it is my body chemistry, but this stuff reeked, especially at first. Then it later settled down, but still completly and utterly not for me (19). Waaay too strong and cloying.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool