Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipstick in Sweet Ginger

Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipstick in Sweet Ginger
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Sweet Ginger Moisture Extreme lipstick in Sweet Ginger

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/30/2011 10:04:00 AM

I got this lippie on sale (why pay full price I say) at my local chemist for a couple of bucks. I must say when I finally got around to trying it I was happily surprised.

Pros: The smell is just divine, like the other reviewers before me have said there is a faint smell of watermelon. I don't mind this but if you prefer your lipsticks without smell, I'd say give this one a miss. When it came to application I was even happier, goes on so smoothly and the colour will show up nicely with just one application instead of a couple which I've noticed some of the sheerer lippies will require. The colour is also beautiful, enough to give you (or me in this case) a nice soft pink hue, I didn't get the peachy hue that other reviewers got mine is a really muted down pink not pale but muted down rose pink. The packaging is pretty standard so nothing special there.

Cons: Of course there are con's nothing's perfect, I'm not sure if anyone else has picked up on this but there are little teeny tiny particles of glitter type material through the lipstick, which after a while will start to make their way on to your face. They're not enough to be physically annoying but I don't really want glitter on my face all the time.

Overall a great little cheap lipstick that's nice for everyday where or for those that don't wear much make up nice for a night out.

I really like this color- it's a good warmer neutral when I want a peachy shimmer. Of course, I think this forumla is now d/c. So I will have to haunt the dollar stores to find backups! It's a great formula, wears very well.

on 1/1/2011 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lippy!! The color pulls a little warm red on me, definitely not a nude. I usually pair it with a peachy golden lipgloss and it's superb!! It just brightens up my whole face. It's also from my favorite maybelline lipstick line, moisture extreme, this line of lipsticks feel just like lip balms, they are smooth, creamy, and most of all very moisturizing.

on 12/28/2010 2:06:00 AM

I have been looking to find the perfect natural looking lipstick for a long timw that would make my already pigmented lips a tad darker. This is it! It was on sale for $2.89 at my local Walgreens ( I hope it's not getting discontinued).. It's a perfect blend of pink and berryish brown. It gives your lips a natural look which is perfect for work or school. Only downfall I noticed it is a little bit drying, so make sure to apply chapstick first!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This color is a neutral pink color and is great for wearing to class or out during the day. It wears for a couple hours before it needs reapplication. It is a my lips but better type of shade that adds a nice amount of shimmer.
The moisture extreme lip sticks are very comfortable on the lips, and feel like a lip balm.
I also really enjoy the watermelon scent.
The only thing I do not like is that the packaging is ugly and cheap looking, but for around $5 I am willing to over look this.
I may have to go out and buy a backup because many shades of this line are being discontinued and I really enjoy this shade.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I ran to London Drugs today and grabbed the last one! Sweet Ginger is the perfect shade on my lips (I'm NC30-35), and I am so sad that it is being discontinued. Only a few shades from the moisture extreme line is, and unfortunately, I'll have to find a dupe of this colour somewhere when I'm done with this tube. The lipstick itself feels like butter when I apply it, I love the watermelon smell, and it lasts for about two hours at the most. =)

on 4/30/2010 6:14:00 PM

Doesn't dry my lips out...nice watermelon scent...color nice for my NW15/blonde/blue eye complexion. Cheap!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

i just got this, and its great. i really like the color, it beautiful and its the perfect everyday color for me. i'm in university, so its not too bold and out there for class. it is very moisturizing! its like a chap stick in lipstick form and i love that. ohh, and i am crazy about the smell. IT SMELLS LIKE WATERMELON CANDY! sometimes i whip it out to smell it.. weird, but true. and i will be wearing it everyday, im sure.
i really want to buy the color right next to sweet ginger... it was "nude blush" that was a perfect nude color.

on 11/13/2009 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I was bored going through Maybelline's diminished Moisture Extreme collection and randomly picked out this color because it looked so pretty but did not purchase right away. It looked a bit too much like Maybelline's Color Sensational lipcolor in Caramel Kiss, a favorite of mine. So I decided to check reviews of it and it seems to be doing okay here. It is like others have already described, a slightly peachy, pink-brown color with glitter/shimmer. This is a shade for me that is quite pretty with shimmer, the type that gives you a glow rather than look frosty or metallic. It is quite similar to Caramel Kiss, more peachy pink than that one so if you don't like the formula of that one you can try this shade. This is a very versatile color for me, and about the same shade as my natural lipcolor. These lipsticks feel like a lip balm on and are not as long-lasting as the Color Sensationals but I don't mind reapplying. I'd repurchase this even though it is similar to my other lipstick.

on 11/10/2009 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another great color to add to my Moisture Extreme collection. Sweet Ginger is a very pretty, peachy, reddish brown. I love the scent and I don't mind reapplying this lipstick. It's a gorgeous shade for day time, and I will purchase this again...