MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just can't get on with Face and Body for the face, as much as I want to. My skin is pretty dry, but even I find it to be too runny and wet looking with little coverage. Its just a bit pointless isn't it? Cheap though.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

It radiates, perfects, beautifies, and lasts. It's the foundation that really defines what foundation is supposed to do for the skin with the addition of being "photogenic". I feel like it should be the benchmark. RMS Un-Cover is the hippie cousin. Armani is the glam aunt with a sugar daddy. Glossier Skin Tint is its acne safe baby sister. And Koh Gen Do Aqua is the Asian ( I'm finding that saying that whatever is being done, an Asian is perfecting is too true with this lol. Aqua obliterates the Face and Body like Mike Tyson did Michael Spinks). This incredibly economical for the quality. You can get 4 oz for less than $40. Practically free if you need to use foundation often. But not great for acne prone and clog prone skin. I figured I should put that out there for precaution. Nothing worse than having pimples, trying to get them controlled, and using something that adds to the problem. The criminal ingredients are stearic acid and talc, two well documented acnegenic ingredients. Sad to say this because it gets my skin tone just right...I'm the C5 shade. For everyone else, if you want a happy skin foundation this is a great start. You'll probably not check anything else if you love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I took a while to come to an opinion regarding this foundation. But, after going through three bottles and many seasons, I have never ever been let down by this. While, this is not my HG, I will ALWAYS have Face&Body on hand regardless of what other foundation I am using.

The PROS:
1. Very forgiving foundation: dry, flakey skin? No matter, this foundation will give even finish. Oily oily hot summer skin? Just powder this baby, and it will not melt off, not be greasy yet wont dehydrate you. Dry mature skin? This foundation will not emphasise fine lines/pores what so ever!
In my experience, even the most expensive foundations can have an occasional bad day. But, this humble baby always always has my back <3
2. Looks like SKIN! Legit. Just slightly more even, slightly better, realistic looking glow and still your own skin. This is important for me. In about 10 years time I won't have my youthful skin anymore, so I hate plastering it with full coverage gunk. Even the high end luxury foundations I have used don't look as skin-like in person as this one does.
I just use concealer where I need help, but using medium/full coverage all over does not look as fresh.
3. Lasts, doesn't make me greasy (and I have a VERY OILY T-ZONE), looks fresh for hours!
4. The plastic bottle is SO EASY to travel with - no more worrying that my glass bottle with break!
5. C6 is a really good match for my summer skin - but again because this is sheer coverage, even slightly off undertone/match is VERY FORGIVING. No more buying 2 foundations, mixing to get my shade - less waste of money.
6. ABSOLUTE VALUE FOR THE PRICE!

Cons:
None really. This is not HG because I am sheep and in search for something that makes me look like those instagram girls lol. Or, the real reason, I haven't given up searching for something that would give me higher coverage (for those special occasions) but still gives me the same finish this foundation (aka looks like skin).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this foundation. It's my go to in the summertime. it's really trial and error when it comes to application. I know people who use brushes or beauty blenders but mine applies best with fingers. My only issue is that it leaks really badly. I cannot travel with it at all.

on 9/19/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Coverage : Face & Body is really runny and gives a sheer coverage with one coat and a light coverage with 2 coats (I’m not sure you can achieve a medium coverage with this foundation, it’s even lighter than MUFE F&B).

Finish : I get a really luminous and dewy finish with this foundation. I love luminous finish but here it’s too dewy, I wouldn’t use it without a setting powder.
It’s not suitable for my combination skin, the dewy look emphasize to become greasy/oily after few hours (everywhere, not only on my T-zone).

Shades : there is really great shades selection for yellow undertones ( NC range). I’m around NC 43,5 and C6 is perfect for me, it has a yellow/olive undertone which is perfect (usually Mac is more orange than yellow on my skin) but unfortunately, as it’s too greasy for me, I won’t buy it.

on 5/30/2016 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Gives you a great, real skin type finish.

You can use fingers to apply it but I prefer the foundation brush for a seamless finish! To maintain the 'just like real skin, only better' look, lightly brush on loose powder only on your t-zone and on eyelids. If you are seeking a more 'finished' look for formal occasions, apply two light coats of foundation all over the face and set with loose powder all over.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I have dry skin and it is so moisturising, and so thin and build able. It looks so natural on the skin and not at all caked on. It also works really well on the body as the name suggests if you have marks on your legs or bruises anywhere.

Also what is great is the price, I paid around $20 for a 50ml bottle, and you can get an even larger bottle for around $28 which makes it (per ml) cheaper than most drug store foundations!

on 11/15/2015 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation used to be like $20 for a huge bottle. Now its $32 for a tiny 50 ml bottle. Are you joking? On top of that, they've gotten rid of all the deep shades :| .....
This is the go to foundation for those that have dry skin, or blemish free good skin that want that nice dewy glamorous look.

I can't lie, the foundation is very pretty. it's also very sheer which I like because I'm not a foundation wearer and don't like anything that has heavy coverage. It has a very watery runny consistency so you really need to right brush to apply it (I find its best applied with my hands). Especially when combined with a great concealer, It will give your face a beautiful sheer glow.

I don't use this foundation because they got rid of the one in my color (the one I have is too dark and the wrong undertone) and also because its too glamorous for everyday wear (for me anyway). Also, this foundation needs to be set or that dewy glow will quickly turn into an oily mess! It looks terrible after only a few hours if you don't set it.

This foundation is for a very selective skin type. If you have skin issues, textured skin, acne, or oily skin, just stay away. It is apparently buildable and you can work with it in different ways but you're just not going to get the most out of this foundation if you don't belong to the skin group it caters to. There are other foundations out there that can give you the same radiant glow without all the mess. It can also definitely break you out too (which it did to me the first two times I wore it) so be careful.

This foundation is nice if you have the skin for it and/or like a very sheer coverage foundation. However, with the ridiculous price tag and the lack of shade range you can definitely find much better options that are more suitable to a wide range of skin colors and types. Cheers!

on 6/30/2015 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When i first tried this foundation in store i was in love , it gave me a nice healthy glow and it was very light the sales associate recommend that i put on a powder on top so she applied it for me. I loved the way it looked. However when i got home and saw myself i had an eeeek moment. I looked soo greasy and oily , i was actually embarrassed only after wearing it for a few hours. I have combination oily skin i think this is better for people with dry to normal skin. I had a sample of this which i ended up mixing with heavier foundations which worked out for me. But i will not be repurchasing this, i wish this worked for my skin because it is beautiful at first.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this! It has replaced my Maybelline Dream Liquid and MAC Studio Sculpt foundations. It works perfectly with the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray, as I tend to get oily in the t-zone. Lasts all day for me. Shade N5 is perfect for me. Next time, I'll go ahead and purchase the larger size, as I just purchase the smaller bottle last month, and it's almost gone. I've never used this on my body so I don't know how well it works for that.