MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the first foundation I’ve tried. I love how sheer it is, not heavy or fake looking at all. I have oily spots and it doesn’t help that at all. I’m going to try other brands but I know this one is good enough.

on 3/30/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I never thought I would enjoy this foundation but I've been loving it. I'm NC45 and I use a combo of C6 and C7. Because the coverage is sheer I tend to wear this on good skin days.

I apply with my fingers or a brush depending on mood. The foundation is very watery and doesn't move well on skin so I do go through a fair bit of it. Using fingers will extend your blending time but I get a touch more coverage with a dense brush. You can layer this endlessly without looking cakey but I've never achieved more than light coverage so I have to conceal in spots.

I find this most useful for giving an even glow to the skin. It doesn't transfer but it starts to fade after the hour 8 mark - note I set with powder to reduce glow and a setting spray for durability. Overall I love this and will definitely continue to repurchase.

on 1/21/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

As a matter of fact, I can say cystic acne, which is what I walked away with after wearing this product for a few hours. I went to the MAC counter for a BB cream but the SA talked me into this one. I'm N7 with very oily skin, and I do not wear makeup. I thought it would be nice though to wear something light to even out my tone. A few hours later my skin looked as oily as oily can be! All day I kept having to blot, blot, blot. By the end if the day, a painful cystic pimple just above my right jawline. And the search continues....

on 1/8/2013 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this foundation. It is great for a person who doesnt need heavy coverage and would like to even out skintone minus heavy foundations. The foundation applies sheer but can be layered. It looks greasy at first but dries matte. It lasts all day and would be great in the summer since it is light and waterproof. I love how it looks natural.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I tried this product a few years ago and was not particularly taken with how it applied or performed. I got tired of using heavy foundation (Studio Fix liquid, Revlon Colorstay, etc.) and ordered MUFE F&B on a whim from a blog sale. I fell in love with it, only after seeing myself in a vacation photo taken by my husband. Not tooting my own horn, but I looked good! Make up looked flawless and very natural, like I wasn't wearing any but just had awesome skin. I retraced my steps and realized I had used the MUFE F&B that day and using it exclusively. Ok, that was two years ago. Lets fast forward to today. My makeup began looking not so good and I couldn't figure out why. I was doing the same thing I had done for the last two years. I hated the way my HG foundation was looking (ruddy) and decided I needed to search for a new one. As any good make up junkie, of course I had like 10 other foundations on hand, but none fit the bill. I had fallen in love with the weightless, airbrushed flawless finish of my beloved MUFE F&B. I wanted to find something that was similar. I remembered that MAC had re-released their F&B in a recent collection and decided to give it a second chance. I'm so glad I did. The consistency is a little thicker than I remember and the color was slightly warmer and richer. In the past it was too watery in consistency and had a grayish tint and left me too light and ashy ( reasons why I threw out my initial bottle, the big 4oz).

I purchased the new smaller bottle online from Nordstrom. I ordered the C7 and felt confident in doing so due to the fact that I wear Studio Fix powder in C7. This is the closest color match for my skin tone in any MAC foundation. NC45 is too light and NC50 is way too dark, except in Select SPF. I love the natural finish this gives. It dries quicker than MUFE F&B. It is very easy to build coverage and does not necessarily need to be finished with powder. It wears all day, and my days are long (6am - 6pm, or longer). It's waterproof and transfer proof. I have noticed that my beloved MAC wipes don't always do the trick for removing this, so I have to use two wipes if I do more than one layer. If you have problematic skin, this is not the foundation for you. But if you have slight issues that can easily be corrected with concealer, I would give it a try. It is now my HG! Oh, another benefit, the bottle and applicator. I like that it is plastic and not glass. I'm accident prone and have dropped several foundation bottles my tile floor. The squeeze applicator allows you to control the amount of foundation that comes out of bottle. I use my MAC 187 or 109 brush to apply this.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

---???Good foundation for those who don't like foundation???---
I know that sounds silly but I hate the feeling of having makeup all over my face. People say this is a really sheer foundation but for me personally it's still not even that sheer.

I mean that in a good way though, this product can give me a very variable amount of covergae depending on how much I put on and once I blend through I don't feel it on my face as much as I do with other foundations.
Even better is that I don't have to layer as much highlighter on top because the face and body has such a nice natural but glowy finish to it!!

Just to note, I usually use an nc43 foundation, nc42 concealer and have the face and body in C5 which I think is a good match.

on 9/6/2012 9:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I had this applied on by the makeup artist in the mac store. I don't know if she applied too much but it just looked unnatural for the first thirty minutes. It oxidized and finally gave me the perfect coverage I've always desired. But the sad disappointing comment I have about it is, it broke out my face horribly. I have sensitive combination skin and it made my nose look soo oily. I'm just happy I didn't spend the money to get it. I agree that you could easily smooth the product on with your hands and get blendable coverage but, this foundation is not recommended for people with sensitive skin.

on 7/28/2012 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Range of colour= decent. Coverage= ok and pretty good if you layer. Finish= dewy but downright greasy if your oily like me. Smell= unpleasant and chemical, but this is always highly personal of course.
Not a repurchase because of my skintype, would recommend to people with dry to normal skin. Also a pro, it's a very low maintenance foundation that can be slapped on with your bare hands, profided that they're clean of course.

on 7/18/2012 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am between N7 and N9, depending on the season. I pour some in my hand and warm it up a bit for more coverage. It wears very well, I like that it is waterproof (necessary for the summertime) and long-wearing. It is cheaper per ounce than other waterproof foundations and easily available. I just wish there were a wider variety of colors available. I am right in between N7 and N9 and sometime mix them together. It would be easier not to have to take that step, but it is worth it overall.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This is my new all time favorite foundation ever. I gave up wearing MAC foundations a long time ago. They always broke me out. Then, some one told me about F&B, and said that it is really light weight, and that I would love it. I gave it a try... And, I am totally in love. I love a dewy finish for my skin, and this is totally perfect. When, I dont want that, I use my Bare Minerals foundation powder to set my face. Then to make sure that its set, I use MAC's Fix+ to set everything.

The shade I use is the N9, and Im normally NW 45. In my Bare Minerals face powder, I use golden deep.