MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.1

on 1/29/2019 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite foundation! Gives your skin such a beautiful dewy finish. I either use my fingers or my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply. You can easily build it up from light to medium coverage without it looking cakey at all. I set my t-zone with Sephora Microsmooth Baked Foundation Powder (a great dupe for MAC MSF Natural) and this combo is perfection. For reference I am C3 or NC35 in the winter, and C4 or NC 40-42 in the summer.

on 3/23/2018 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation! Its the most natural looking foundation I've ever used and perfect for days when I want to look like I dont wear makeup. I have dry skin and this gives me a perfect dewy finish. Its best applied with your fingers and has a watery consistency that feels very hydrating on the skin. I have the big bottle and it lasts forever. The only con is that it doesn't redness or spots, so dont use if you want high coverage.

on 2/13/2018 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is really the best foundation in the world! And I’ll tell you why: firstly, foundations are meant to be used to correct the tone of your complexion, not to mask the skin completely; hence the need of a concealer to help colour correct to achieve a final all over consistent tone. This foundation does that perfectly without making you look cakey or uneven. Secondly, this photographs so beautifully!! I think it’s because of its ability to become one with your skin. And finally, it doesn’t dry out, flake, make you oily, or break apart - and I’ve tested this all day and night! However that is providing you use the right moisturiser/primer. I love the embrolleyse cream! This seriously outperformed my GA Luminous silk!! MAC you nailed it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My go to everyday foundation. I have it in C3 and love how you can build it up from sheer to medium coverage. Just have to wait for the layers to dry a bit (I like to wear just one layer for everyday two if I’m going out or am on a date with my husband). After washing and moisturizing my face I use my fingers (washed hands only) in a tapping motion to apply this foundation for a natural look. I’m pregnant right now and my usual go to which is Nars sheer glow is making me break out so the Mac F&B is a lifesaver because I’ve already had it in my collection and I love it. It holds up pretty well even in hot California weather although I do take it on the go for the occasional touch up because I have combination skin and don’t have the patience to fuss with primers but I have the small bottle and it’s easy to just throw it in my bag no fuss no spills. I also like the plastic bottle because it’s sturdy and I’m clumsy and tend to drop stuff.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Probably the shortest review iv ever done bc although i could go on and on about this AMAZING foundation(i use just as foundation anyway)the bottom line is it's perfection. Im 34 now,and bought my 1st bottle at 17 and have used almost every foundation there is so to say i still use this,says alot..Every season no matter the heat or coldness,MACs f and b NEVER lets me down with its lightweight yet buildable coverage with the perfect amount of glow..I have yet to find any other foundation that iv had zero problems with..#MACISMYLIFE ❤

on 4/25/2017 10:36:00 AM

I do love this foundation but it breaks me out - not in terrible cysts, but little whiteheads and weird texture. Most other MAC foundations contain panthenol, which definitely gives me cystic acne, so I thought I was safe with this one :(

On the plus side, it gives a really beautiful finish - it's very sheer (extremely, very sheer, super sheer) but it evens everything out, looks natural, and imparts this really nice luster. Not really dewy per se (I associate dewy with more of a 'wet' sheen), just a healthy burnished glowy look to your skin.

I have oily skin and this doesn't create an unmanageable oil slick on my face, but it also doesn't control oil at all. It's not ideal but definitely workable in that regard for me. If things get a bit tooooo greasy, it can look patchy but it has really great staying power for this type of product, which is why I prefer it over tinted moisturizers with a similar level of coverage.

The packaging is an easy-to-use squeeze tube. I still use it occasionally, since I only seem to get the breakouts when I wear it every day. I still heartily recommend this foundation; it's been around forever and they're clearly doing something right with it to keep it around for so long in this day and age.

After much seeing so much hype regarding this foundation, I've finally decided (after 3 years of speculation) to purchase this!

Initially I went into my local Mac to purchase the large version of this as it is more bang for your buck, but realised only pro stores stock the large ones.

After I was color matched, (C5) I decided to purchase this. I've been wearing this foundation ever since. I'm more of a medium to full coverage kind of person, but I couldn't help but falling in love with this. I've transitioned into a more sheer coverage person after trying this. My HG foundation has and always will be the pro long wear foundation, but I've saved that one for events, along with my studio fix.

This foundation is so beautiful on the skin, it feels like silk. It lets your natural skin show a little. This will not cover blemishes. If you're looking for a sheer cover that gives you a beautiful natural glow, get this.

I personally find this best applied with your hands. Pour some into your hands and rub it around to warm the product up and then apply with your hands. I've used a brush/beauty blender and it did not give me the same look I got when using my hands. (Thank you wayne goss)

I will be repurchasing this forever. :)

on 2/18/2017 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love this foundation. It's lightweight, the finish is satin-dewy, it surprisingly covers my slight hyper pigmintation, lasts for hours, gives zero flashback. But it breaks me out, and it took me a while to realize. The product contains mica, talc, Cetyl alcohol (and some more) and they clog the pores, make the skin produce sebum, and cause acne. I wish I realized this sooner. I will have to throw this away, and Mac is the only brand who carries the right shade for me (C5, for reference cover fx g+60). Also this foundation separates so badly all over my face in 2 hours, this never happens to me. If you struggle with acne you can find a better foundation for your skin like cover fx and Becca

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Ive been using mac face and body foundation in shade c3 for about 4-5 years now and my last purchase was the 120ml which lasted me about a year and a half!! So it is well worth the extra $$$ the texture is watery and has sheer to medium coverage. The foundation looks very natural and radiant once applied and also feels hydrating and very light which is a big plus for me as I have dry skin and I'm not a big fan of full coverage foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Beautiful finish, extremely versatile and great shade range. Provides a hydrating, dewy youthful coverage that can be built up from sheer to a good medium. Great packaging that is safe secure and convenient when travelling and the little little bottles look great on a vanity. It also is great for mixing in with other foundations, to add a bit more hydration to a drying formula, sheer it out, or to amend colour slightly. Comes in two sizes and is great value for money. Water based and water resistant it makes a great product for many skin types and occasions