MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

I have dry sensitive skin with an oily T zone, this foundation is perfect for me, make sure to apply using your fingers and rubbing it on in a circular motion.

It’s long lasting and has a beautiful natural dewy finish.

Oh and it’s waterproof !
I will continue to purchase.

on 11/5/2018 10:49:00 PM

This product looks amazing on, it’s stellar HOWEVER one of the ingredients caused my skin to break out in cysts all over my forehead and chin :( My skin was flawless prior and after it looks so horrible! You’ve been warned. If you have break out prone skin stay away!

Si vous êtes à la recherche d'une couverture légère, finition et un aspect dewy naturel cette fondation est parfait pour vous! Je suis béni avec assez peau claire que j'ai rarement en petits groupes / ne pas avoir de l'acné et j'adore cette base! Je n'ai noir entouré d'un cercle et quelques cicatrices et taches de rousseur qu'ils ne couvrent pas vraiment vous auriez à le construire pour répondre à la couverture souhaitée. Je le recommanderais pour la peau grasse.. n'hesiter pas les filles

on 7/27/2018 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: Turns out this was giving me acne (I blame the essential oils) and now I am VERY sad because I have to stop using it. I only took off one star because it's still an amazing foundation as long as you're not sensitive to the fragrance.

It looks like skin! Even up close, only a telltale hint of gloss gives away the fact that this is makeup. From normal distances, it just looks like radiant, naturally even-toned, amazing skin. You can see freckles through it, you can see red spots through it, and yet the soft-focus effect is so transformative. When I go back and spot-conceal, I look ridiculously good. I love nearly everything about this foundation. It's sunscreen free, decently priced, the packaging makes sense, no brushes necessary, stays put all day, need I go on? I just wish it was fragrance free too. I'm officially packing in my search for an HG foundation for everyday. This is it!

on 7/26/2018 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is literally the best foundation ever. What I love about the Mac Face and Body Foundation is that it gives me a natural look: it actually feels, and looks like as if I’m wearing no foundation. And even though I have a really dry and red skin, it’s gives my face a good coverage. You can add more layers if you like for a medium coverage. It also hydrates my dry skin, and because of that I have no dry patches anymore. I’d really recommend this foundation!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

By the end of the day, I can't tell if my foundation is still on or not, it's very subtle coverage. It will lessen the redness on your face and blends in really nicely with your skin. If you are ok going without foundation and want a little extra something-something, this would be your foundation.

It is pretty much useless on acne; you have to conceal spots separately.

The packaging is the worst, it gets so dirty and gross.

on 6/22/2018 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have normal skin and wear N1 in this foundation. I prefer light coverage that allows my freckles to show, and will not tolerate heaviness from any product. This is my foundation when I require one. This can be layered without detection. Shake well. I apply it over Dr. Carver's Miracle Serum, then moisturizer (various brands from drugstore, ranging from 30spf to 50spf, depending on how I feel), using my hands in downward strokes for each product so that facial hair lays flat, applying foundation only where needed -- above brows, nose and around nostrils, nose-to-mouth lines, old acne scarring on neck (two coats). It is undetectable in northern, natural light. I forget I have it on. No powder is required. It does not settle in lines. It's still on at the end of the day. My skin has never had a reaction to it. I always require the addition of Cerave eye cream under eyes and Maybelline NY Better Skin Superstay Concealer in Light.

on 5/10/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have mature, dry/combination skin and several lines and furrows. In cool weather I like to use a mineral powder foundation over some serious skincare layering, but find that doesn‘t hold up well throughout the day in summer.

This is where Mac Face and Body comes in. It gives me the light, natural-looking coverage I like and it stays put throughout the working day no matter what I have underneath it: moisturiser / oil, primer / no primer, chemical sunscreen / mineral sunscreen.

It doesn‘t settle into pores (Becca Aqua), slip around or crease (Bourjois Healthy Mix), or leave my face feeling dry (Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet).

The colour isn’t a perfect match. Good matches for me are Mac Pro Longwear NW15, Chanel BR12, Becca Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1C1. In Mac Face and Body, N1 is the closest but veers yellow. It does even out my skin tone well, and it’s definitely good enough for light coverage in summer, but I‘d like to see a W range alongside N and C.

The consistency took me by surprise when I first tried this foundation: it sets seriously fast. These days I dot it on, spread it rapidly with fingers, and then switch to a buffing brush as soon as it goes tacky. It does buff beautifully well.

There is the niggle over the shade range, but I‘m still giving this five stars overall because at the moment I‘d be stumped to find an alternative that looks and feels so good for so long.

Pros:
- Lovely soft feel once on.
- Stays and stays: unusual bonus in a light-coverage foundation.
- Enhances radiance while still looking natural.
- Bottle is easily transportable.

Cons:
- Application has to be fast.
- No rosy tones.
- Bottle isn‘t pretty.

on 3/26/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've become spoilt by that Mac F&B tacky/sinking in magic. You know-that point where it just melts into your skin and feels like it's become one with your face? Just a few weeks ago I finished up a bottle of the C1, and figured I'd tuck into a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I'd purchased earlier this winter (B10-wee light, but still doable on my nc20 skin). The Chanel is very nice, don't get me wrong. And I'll happily finish up the bottle. Especially at $50 bucks a pop. But the kicker is that, while the Aqua is pretty similar to the F&B in density, texture, and watery ease of application, I'm still waiting every morning for it to sink in like the F&B would do. And, of course, it doesn't. No offense to Chanel there, as I've never had any other liquid foundation do what F&B does.
And I miss it! Oh, and the Aqua is a bit of a lighter coverage foundation than the F&B also. Not too much, but I can still tell. So there will come a day later this year when I'll happily return to that old F&B magic!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a more sheer and glowy foundation to wear for university graduation and related events so I didn't look too overdone.

This is going to be perfect! It builds up to a light medium coverage and I don't have to set it at all, which is a huge plus for my very dry skin. I've tried a beauty sponge and brushes for application but I'd recommend fingers for the best result. I use Wayne Goss' method of warming it in my hands, then rubbing it on my face and just when it starts getting tacky, smoothing it down in the direction of face hairs. It gives the most amazing glowy, glossy filtered face effect and I can't put it down!