MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just can't get on with Face and Body for the face, as much as I want to. My skin is pretty dry, but even I find it to be too runny and wet looking with little coverage. Its just a bit pointless isn't it? Cheap though.

Mac Face and Body Foundation

I got this foundation a while back because I wanted to give it a try.

However, I knew and heard about it beforehand because it's known for the natural finish that it gives.

Perfect for me and an everyday makeup look, I do not like a heavy or full coverage foundation, this isn't my cup of tea when it comes to my daily makeup!

So, I tested it out plus tried it out in various application methods, so that I thought, I could share these with you guys as well.

Pros:

- long-wearing
- lightweight
- natural finish

Cons:

- not fragrance-free
- not many shades available

on 2/11/2019 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really enjoy using this. I am Acne Prone with some acne scars / pigmentation and would repurchase this again. It's a great sheer foundation that evens out your skintone and makes you look glowly. If I have a spot I don't layer this up i just put concealer on the trouble area and powder over my t-zone. it's great no fuss.

on 2/5/2019 8:30:00 AM

this is a great foundation for dry skin, i recommend it using it with your hands instead of a brush or a sponge.
it gives the most beautiful finish, dewy and skin like.
the problem is that it breaks me out so i cannot use it and it stains everything that it touches, so i would highly recommend being very careful with your clothes when you use it.

on 1/29/2019 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite foundation! Gives your skin such a beautiful dewy finish. I either use my fingers or my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply. You can easily build it up from light to medium coverage without it looking cakey at all. I set my t-zone with Sephora Microsmooth Baked Foundation Powder (a great dupe for MAC MSF Natural) and this combo is perfection. For reference I am C3 or NC35 in the winter, and C4 or NC 40-42 in the summer.

on 1/24/2019 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was my favorite foundation for a long time. I still love it actually but I realized that it broke me out really badly every time I wore it. Dimethicone is the second ingredient and silicones don’t agree with my skin! It makes me sad that I can’t use this because the price is fair if you buy the big bottle and it is so natural and pretty. I can get too greasy looking on me but I am oily. There is a reason this was my favorite for a long time. Only recently did I make the connection what I used to cover my pimples was actually the cause of some of them. The shades are flexible so there isn’t much stress that it will match you. It never sets down and transfers horribly. It has a tendency to slide as well depending on your moisturizer and primer. It lasts a good amount of time for a sheer foundation. At least 6 hours on me. I switched to mufe water blend it has a similar finish but not silicones. A little less coverage but a excellent substitute if your skin is sensitive like mine

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

It radiates, perfects, beautifies, and lasts. It's the foundation that really defines what foundation is supposed to do for the skin with the addition of being "photogenic". I feel like it should be the benchmark. RMS Un-Cover is the hippie cousin. Armani is the glam aunt with a sugar daddy. Glossier Skin Tint is its acne safe baby sister. And Koh Gen Do Aqua is the Asian ( I'm finding that saying that whatever is being done, an Asian is perfecting is too true with this lol. Aqua obliterates the Face and Body like Mike Tyson did Michael Spinks). This incredibly economical for the quality. You can get 4 oz for less than $40. Practically free if you need to use foundation often. But not great for acne prone and clog prone skin. I figured I should put that out there for precaution. Nothing worse than having pimples, trying to get them controlled, and using something that adds to the problem. The criminal ingredients are stearic acid and talc, two well documented acnegenic ingredients. Sad to say this because it gets my skin tone just right...I'm the C5 shade. For everyone else, if you want a happy skin foundation this is a great start. You'll probably not check anything else if you love it.

on 12/19/2018 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy grail foundation!!! Light coverage but you can build it up. It does not fade or separate during the day. If I want more coverage I just use some concealer to cover up blemishes and some redness and that does the trick. It’s very light weight and dewy. Perfect for my dry flaky skin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very sheer but somehow I can feel it all day on my face and it stresses me out. I hate feeling it. Gets too shiny

on 8/29/2018 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good choice of foundation provided you are not oily skinned and not living in a humid country. If both of those combinations apply then this foundation will leave you looking like an oil slick.