MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I will always keep Face & Body in my rotation. It’s so unique; while there are many light coverage foundations, this one truly looks like my skin but better. It gives me a lovely glow but feels like I have nothing on my face. I find that the best way to apply is to use your fingers to rub it in until you feel the consistency change and feel kind of tacky. That’s when the magic happens. I can apply more where needed using the same method. I don’t need to set this as it lasts all day. I will powder my t-zone only. I hope that MAC never changes the formula as it’s a cult classic for a reason.

Wish the packaging was different but otherwise the best!

If you have pale skin, you are out of luck when it comes to MAC. Their lightest shades, in every foundation, including this one - is WAY TOO DARK. Orange. Pink. Peach. Just too much color. Even the photos here, their faces don't match their bodies. For truly pale, white skins - SKIP MAC.

It is also shiny, sparkly and oily looking - which just ages women. Young children and teens before they hit puberty, have matte, clean faces. So shiny, oily looking foundations actually make women look older (unless they're like 50 & older & just super dry).

on 6/22/2018 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this. It's light in texture--making it warm-weather appropriate-- but somehow the C2 is too light in summer and the C3 is too dark (I'm NC25). I recently wore this to an evening event and looked, in the pictures, as if I had suffered some sort of dreadful arsenic-poisoning incident. It was pasty, sweaty nastiness. I'll either keep this for fall and winter (does the trick just fine then) or else add some bronzing drops.

on 5/24/2018 11:59:00 AM

My skin I have sensitive oily combo skin and I have big pores on my nose and get a few spots and my skins very sensitive so I have redness

I tried this foundation when I was at my friends house as she recommended it me however, I have more sensitive combo oily and she has dry. I was really hesatint Wether to put it on as I saw lots of reviews online saying that they got cystic acne! But I didn’t believe it because my friend didn’t get any acne after wearing it. I applied it with my morphe y6 brush in stippling motions and it went on very airbrushed and I didn’t even add a primer! I added Laura Mercier setting powder as I have more oily skin, I would say it’s sheer coverage but could possibly build after about 3 hours of wearing I started to notice it was getting quite cakey on the forehead and very shiny around my nose.Also parts of the foundation started to separate on my chin and nose, it also felt very itchy on my skin through out the day and it oxides a shade darker too.When I got home I noticed raised bumps on my forehead and chin which weren’t there before also it left my face very irritated when I took it off! Highly do not recommend this foundation at all.

on 4/29/2018 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After wanting to try this for years I found a limited color selection at Nordstroms. It was a little difficult finding a color to begin with as they tended to be yellow based even in N. This foundation was such a let down. No coverage. Did not look nice to build upon. And where is the dewiness? Yes, i doubled up on moisturizer but still was just awful. Returned.

on 1/28/2018 4:44:00 PM

I really wanted t love this but... I put it on in the morning and it caked up, low coverage, and made me soooo shiny by the end of the day. This week I was trying out new ways to use old foundations, I found a way to use this that I liked, I don't really know how it was throughout the day because I hate looking in the mirror just in case I look awful but after three days of using it it broke me out a little and I don't want it to get any worse so I have stopped and will stop.

on 10/23/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation because:
-it doesn't break me out (and that's rare to come across)
-buildable coverage
-great coverage if used with concealer as well
-looks as natural as foundation will ever get

CONS
-makes skin oily so make sure to blot throughout the day and set with a lots of powder (rice powder from Palladio is good for sensitive skin)

Highly recommended tip: make sure to let this foundation sit for a couple minutes and then gently dab your fingers over your face to get rid of the excess oil from the foundation that doesn't need to be there so that when you apply powder it will look less cakey and more natural!!!! Works wonders trust me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Normally I don’t shop at MAC and in fact I have purchased very few MAC products throughout my life mainly because I really dislike the sales people who for the most part I find to be pushy and rude. However all that aside, I started researching Face & Body which seemed to have a lot of qualities I desire in a foundation. So, I ventured into the store, and had a very pleasant SA offer to make me a number of samples in different shades - one to match my current skin tone, and two alternate shades to test out when my tan fades.

F&B is a very liquid (thin as water) consistency. Best method of application is to use your fingers, really working the foundation into the skin until the consistency changes from watery to tacky, kind of like it’s pulling on your skin. Add layers to get your preferred coverage. I’m happy with anything sheer to medium and love the dewy glow this gives my skin. It evens out the tone just enough to let my natural self show through. The most important aspects to me in a foundation are finish, being transfer-proof and shade. This scores high on all three of these. There are a number of shades to choose from and the one I am currently using (C4) is perfect for my summer shade. N3 is a good match for the colder months for me.

The formula contains silicones which is not an issue for my skin but something to be aware of if you can’t tolerate cones. I can wear this all day and it is extremely comfortable on my dry skin, never fading or requiring a touch up. It is easily removed with a cleansing balm.

The packaging could be a little nicer but for the texture, I think this soft squeezy dropper style bottle is probably best. Fingers crossed they won’t disappoint in future as they have in past.

on 9/15/2017 6:13:00 PM

Before I review it, some info about my skin: I am 21, fair with cool undertones, and my skin is relatively smooth and not very oily (I was just on Accutane, went off it about a month ago). I do have some light marks/scars from acne, and redness on my nose and cheeks. So far, I'm a fan of this foundation! It's very light, and it doesn't look like you're wearing a mask on your face. It lets my freckles show through a bit which I like. It's just dewy enough to bring some life to my recently bone-dry post-Accutane skin (it's gotten a little less dry though since going off of it). That being said, I would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin, or dark marks they are trying to cover up, since it is definitely not full coverage, nor mattifying at all.

Recap-
PROS:
- Since it's water-based, it's hydrating without feeling greasy
- Very natural looking
- Nice consistency
- Doesn't emphasize dry spots

CONS:
- Wouldn't cover dark spots or blemishes
- Not buildable--adding more just causes the product to be pushed around without covering a whole lot
- Would emphasize oily skin