MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I will always keep Face & Body in my rotation. It’s so unique; while there are many light coverage foundations, this one truly looks like my skin but better. It gives me a lovely glow but feels like I have nothing on my face. I find that the best way to apply is to use your fingers to rub it in until you feel the consistency change and feel kind of tacky. That’s when the magic happens. I can apply more where needed using the same method. I don’t need to set this as it lasts all day. I will powder my t-zone only. I hope that MAC never changes the formula as it’s a cult classic for a reason.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Beautiful foundation for both face and body. Gives skin a natural dewy look but has a wonderful coverage. It stays on well and doesn't smudge off at all. If I remember correctly this is waterproof?

I wish it came in a wider range of colors though.

on 5/10/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best all around foundation out there. It looks great in photos and wears well throughout the day even when it's warm and humid.

on 3/12/2018 4:33:00 PM

This is one of the best foundations, certainly the best by MAC and my absolute go-to foundation in summer. I’m normally NC25-NC30 so I go between C3 and C4. It gives light coverage, perfect match with skin, quite sheer texture but still evens out the skin perfectly. I like the plastic bottle packaging, easy to adjust the amount you need and easy to carry around. You need to shake it well each time you use it.

This is how I apply: only with hands, I warm a good amount between my fingers. I spread it onto my face, including eyelids and undereyes with light circular motions and this way it sets instantly. It’s sticky at first, but once it dries it stays put. No need to set it with powder, I only apply a mattifying powder on the t-zone. I apply it over my sunscreen and it doesn’t clog up or make your skin feel heavy. You need to wash your hands with soap as it doesn’t remove easily.
In the evening I massage cream cleanser and wipe it off with micellar water to remove it.
I buy the larger bottle and it lasts for a very long time, also great value for money. For reference, I’m 41, have normal skin that tends to be oily in summer and I’ve been using this foundation for more than 10 years.

The best way to describe this: very thin and watery, gives a nice dewy/glowy finish with light/medium coverage. I don’t think this is well suited for my skin type (oily/combo) and despite setting it, it doesn’t last as long as I’d like my foundations to (7-9hrs) and can get a bit too glowy/oily by the end of the day. It’s not a bad foundation though and does look absolutely gorgeous when you apply it and I see why many people would love this product as it really meshes well with the skin and makes it look lovely but the moisture/dewiness over the day’s wear and low coverage (I have alot of acne) isn’t for me. Personally wouldn’t repurchase as of now unless I had dry skin and needed less coverage! Till then I’ll stick with long wearing demi-matte foundations

on 8/30/2017 5:17:00 AM

Very light coverage. Luminous finish. Very liquid-y. Water-based but still blends well with ot her foundations (oily based). Definitely needs setting with a powder after applying. I usually like medium to full coverage but I use a drop or to of this to blend with my concealer (if it's a concealer that does not blend that well into the skin) and works fine. Good product. Does not oxidize.

on 8/1/2017 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Well, actually I don't see why this foundation has 4 stars.
I liked MAC pro longwear very much, but this one...
I don't see the reason to use a foundation which doesn't do anything at all. You apply it and everything it does makes the skin shiny and I don't see the difference on my face before applying it and after. Maybe some people like it, but I better prefer to apply a moisturiser rathar than foundation like this that doesn't cover anything, looks and feels greasy.
Package is very nice, beutiful shade range, a smell is also very pleasant as well as the texture. But it just didn't work for me. Maybe someone with dry skin could like it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am NC30 and I use c2. I think it's a little light but c3 had a strong olive tone that didn't match and because it's so sheer, it still looks great. I apply this with my fingers as it seems to sink into the skin better, the 187 which I normally prefer for foundation makes it kind of sit on top of the skin, and a beauty blender applies it way too sheer. It brings luminosity to the face rather than cover any major problem areas. My favourite thing about is is that it's sticky, and grabs onto my Studio Fix powder and creates a flawlessly smooth but weightless base that lasts longer than average foundations. I have combination skin.

on 4/11/2017 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite light-coverage foundation. It's fairly inexpensive for a prestige foundation, the squeeze bottle is easy to use and hygienic, and there are a wide range of shades. It leaves you with the most beautiful healthy glow and plays well with concealer and setting powder.

This is LIGHT coverage. If you have large patches of discoloration that you rely on foundation to cover, this is maybe not your guy. It is buildable to a point, but that takes a significant amount of product. Many layers of this will definitely leave your face tacky. It's more coverage than your average tinted moisturizer/skin tint, less than a BB/CC cream or average foundation. I don't have perfect skin, so I definitely spot conceal on top of this. I break out if I look at something the wrong way, but this doesn't cause me problems. It has a unique texture that grips your brush once it is fully blended out - not something I've ever experienced with another foundation.

I always get the feeling that I'm not doing anything when I apply this (I use a flat-topped brush and buff it out, stippling in areas where I need more coverage), but then I'll catch a look at myself in a mirror afterward and go "Hey, I look good!" It's actually a good exercise for me, as I used to have horrible acne and sometimes I psych myself into thinking I need heavier coverage than I actually do. When I want to amp up coverage a bit, I pair this with the Studio Fix Powder + Foundation on top.

There is a reason why this is a staple in every makeup artist's kit, and that's because it earns it. If you're looking for a light, glowy foundation, 100% worth a try. Definitely a MAC standout.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this foundation over the years. I was never truly satisfied with the overall coverage and couldn't get past the strange watery consistency. But I have noticed that as I get older, and my skin less oily, I'm no longer looking to achieve that doll-like, airbrushed look, but instead want a youthful, my-skin-but-better, luminous, healthy glow. This foundation does just that for me. And I find applying other cream products, like blush & bronzer on top just melt in like a dream. I've tried applying this every way imaginable, but I definitely have best results when I just massage it in with warm hands. It has taken a few years, but Mac Face & Body has worked its way up to HG status. 👍