MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I used this foundation as my everyday foundation a few years ago. It's very light and water based so does not have much coverage. It's not very long lasting but due to the size of the bottle it's a great investment for everyday use. I told my friend about this and she is still using it 5 years later! If you have good skin what not oily then this would be perfect for you.

on 9/26/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I've always hated cream and liquid foundations because I hadn't been able to find one that looked natural, didn't feel masky and heavy, and didn't clog my pores. I tried this one on a whim because the formula looked so thin in the store, and i figured it may not provide much coverage but at least it'l be buildable. I was wrong, it provides excellent light to medium coverage as well as being buildable and the color match is perfect. It gives a dewey natural finish too and looks flawless when I apply one of my hourglass ambient powders as a finishing touch. It doesn't get shiny or break my skin out, will definitely continue to buy. Another great product from MAC.

on 3/30/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I never thought I would enjoy this foundation but I've been loving it. I'm NC45 and I use a combo of C6 and C7. Because the coverage is sheer I tend to wear this on good skin days.

I apply with my fingers or a brush depending on mood. The foundation is very watery and doesn't move well on skin so I do go through a fair bit of it. Using fingers will extend your blending time but I get a touch more coverage with a dense brush. You can layer this endlessly without looking cakey but I've never achieved more than light coverage so I have to conceal in spots.

I find this most useful for giving an even glow to the skin. It doesn't transfer but it starts to fade after the hour 8 mark - note I set with powder to reduce glow and a setting spray for durability. Overall I love this and will definitely continue to repurchase.

on 11/19/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this in C6 and I'm a NC37-NC42. I got dry/normal skin and live in Thailand (HUMID!!!)
I don't really bother to much about this foundation. I feel like it lacks the pigmentation that I like in foundations. It feels more like a tinted moisturizer.
The shade is great for me, it works from when I'm NC37 to a NC42, and I adjust it with the help of my bronzer. It gives a dewy-satin finish and offers sheer-medium coverage. I'm not the kind of person who would put 2 layers of foundation on my face, but I tried just to see if it would offer more coverage, and yes it does. But that can make it feel a bit heavy for my liking. Although it's very light on your skin with one layer, natural looking and looks very much like your own skin. No risk of looking cakey or dry! I last me for a couple of hours but I need a powder on hand to take away the shine that eventually peeks through. And it has to be set with a powder, otherwise I'll look like a greaseball.

I would not recommend this to anyone who needs to cover scars, acne or dark spots etc. The texture is really runny and I apply it with my hands or my Elf flat top brush. It needs to be worked into the skin and you really need to buff it in properly. The formula thickens the more you work with it. It's runny at first but then turns into a "glidy goopy" feeling to it, hard to explain.

It's def not my go to foundation. But I could imagine I would prefer it during winter in Europe!

It comes in a plastic bottle with screw top pointy lid which makes it very hygienic.
It will last me a lifetime cause I got the big bottle which made it so much more affordable, 120 ml for 35 $.

I would not repurchase if I finished it up. I think there are better foundations out there to be found!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

For Reference: NC20 (winter), up to NC 30 (summer), oily skin with dry patches. I use C2.

Pros:
-This thing has a really interesting texture, the more you blend it, the thicker and heavier it gets
-Very light weighted
-Sheer coverage but buildable
-Gives a very natural, dewy finish even after layering couple times
-Waterproof (went swimming with it once)
-Sweatproof (does not slide off after sweating my balls out LOL!)
-transfer resistant
-Does not emphasize dry patches
-Decent packaging/bottle
-Great price!!

Cons:
-My oily area gets really shiny after 2.5 hours :/
-Dries pretty slow (if you want to layer it up, you need to wait for about 3-5 minutes for the previous layer to completely dry)

i personally prefer to apply it with my fingers

For a light coverage:
I apply foundation according to sections. So i dot some product on my cheeks first, rub it into my skin, then my forehead, chin, and nose. since i have a really oily T-zone, i set it with a setting powder like Rimmel Stay Matte. No one can tell that i'm wearing foundation!

For a medium coverage (my favourite):
I apply the product like how i mentioned above, let it dry for 3-5 minutes (meanwhile, i do my eye makeup or take a dump!). Then i apply another layer. Then, i use a powder brush and pat on, PAT ON, a powder foundation like the MUFE or Mac studio fix. The finish is not dewy but not matte. No one can tell that i'm wearing foundation as well!

For a full coverage:
I never tried to attemp going for a full coverage but i guess if you keep layering it, maybe set it with a heavy layer of powder foundation, you will achieve it.

Overall, i really like it. Even though it does not last very long on my oily area, i can blot it once or twice throughout the day and get away with it. I would not wear this when im attending some sort of special event, but when i go out with some friends, grocery shopping, or out for a walk. You can definitely fool yourself thinking that you're not wearing foundation at all~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skin Type: Normal with Oily T-zone
Skin Issues: Redness, Acne scarring/ Hyperpigmentation, Breakouts/Pimples, Oiliness
Skin Concern: Break out to Cyclopentasiloxane
Eye Colour: True Brown
Eyelash Type: Thin, medium length, hard/stiff, pretty full
Eyebrow Type: Full
Hair Type: Dry near the ends, oily at the roots. I wash my hair every other day. Coloured once. Not damaged.
Hair Colour: Brown
Skin Colourings:
ALMAY Wake-Up Liquid Foundation - 020 Buff
BAREMINERALS Original Foundation - Medium Beige (a tad too dark)
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector - Natural
CLINIQUE Even Better Makeup - Ivory 003
DIOR DiorSkin BB Creme - Fair 002
DIOR DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF - Cameo 022
DIOR DiorSkin Nude Foundation - Cameo 022
MAC Face and Body Foundation - C2
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation - NC 25 (a tad too yellow)
MAC Studio Fix Powder - NC 25 (a tad too yellow)
MAKEUP FOREVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation - 120
MAKEUP FOREVER Mat Velvet + Foundation - 30
MAYBELLINE Fit Me Foundation - 120
REVLON Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup - Nude

on 3/11/2013 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my foundation for good skin days. It is very sheer, but covers up minor redness in my skin and in general just evens it out for a natural finish. I have oily skin, all I need to do is lightly powder it and I'm good to go. I love the very natural looking finish, not dewy not matte. It does need to be shaken a bit before use. The texture is strange, it's watery at first but as you blend it it thickens and becomes a bit more difficult to blend, but still blends easily with fingers or a brush. I recommend fingers though. I will buy this again. My shade is N1 and I am NC20.

on 1/13/2013 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I recently purchased this foundation in C6 after recovering from a terrible breakout after wearing Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation. I read in other reviews on here that this Bobbi Brown foundation has lavender oil in it, which I am sure caused my breakout. In the past I used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish liquid foundation in NC42/45 and liked the dewy finish it gave me. However, I never really felt like I could get an exact color match and always had to buy both NC42 and NC45 which can get expensive!

I decided to take a chance and buy C6 online based on pics and reviews. I am so happy I did! The color match is perfect for me! Since it's so light my skin can still breathe even with a finishing powder, and I haven't gotten any new breakouts. I have oily skin, so I use a loose powder to finish and haven't needed to reapply throughout the day. The amount of foundation you get for the money is awesome with the larger 120ml bottle. I like the squeeze bottle much better than the pump on other MAC foundations since you can choose exactly how much product you want and get all of the foundation out of the bottle.

Other reviewers have commented on having difficulty using a brush with this foundation. I use Urban Decay's Optical Blurring Brush which amazingly blends this foundation with a stippling application. I also don't need to use as much of the product (only one layer) with this technique, and the effect makes it look like I'm not even wearing foundation. This is absolutely my HG foundation.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I tried this product a few years ago and was not particularly taken with how it applied or performed. I got tired of using heavy foundation (Studio Fix liquid, Revlon Colorstay, etc.) and ordered MUFE F&B on a whim from a blog sale. I fell in love with it, only after seeing myself in a vacation photo taken by my husband. Not tooting my own horn, but I looked good! Make up looked flawless and very natural, like I wasn't wearing any but just had awesome skin. I retraced my steps and realized I had used the MUFE F&B that day and using it exclusively. Ok, that was two years ago. Lets fast forward to today. My makeup began looking not so good and I couldn't figure out why. I was doing the same thing I had done for the last two years. I hated the way my HG foundation was looking (ruddy) and decided I needed to search for a new one. As any good make up junkie, of course I had like 10 other foundations on hand, but none fit the bill. I had fallen in love with the weightless, airbrushed flawless finish of my beloved MUFE F&B. I wanted to find something that was similar. I remembered that MAC had re-released their F&B in a recent collection and decided to give it a second chance. I'm so glad I did. The consistency is a little thicker than I remember and the color was slightly warmer and richer. In the past it was too watery in consistency and had a grayish tint and left me too light and ashy ( reasons why I threw out my initial bottle, the big 4oz).

I purchased the new smaller bottle online from Nordstrom. I ordered the C7 and felt confident in doing so due to the fact that I wear Studio Fix powder in C7. This is the closest color match for my skin tone in any MAC foundation. NC45 is too light and NC50 is way too dark, except in Select SPF. I love the natural finish this gives. It dries quicker than MUFE F&B. It is very easy to build coverage and does not necessarily need to be finished with powder. It wears all day, and my days are long (6am - 6pm, or longer). It's waterproof and transfer proof. I have noticed that my beloved MAC wipes don't always do the trick for removing this, so I have to use two wipes if I do more than one layer. If you have problematic skin, this is not the foundation for you. But if you have slight issues that can easily be corrected with concealer, I would give it a try. It is now my HG! Oh, another benefit, the bottle and applicator. I like that it is plastic and not glass. I'm accident prone and have dropped several foundation bottles my tile floor. The squeeze applicator allows you to control the amount of foundation that comes out of bottle. I use my MAC 187 or 109 brush to apply this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

It makes my skin glow and lasts all day. I want nothing more from a foundation.

on 2/19/2012 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Now I have oily skin and would usually wear Bare Minerals, but I wanted to try this product for years after doing so many reviews and actually buying it once and returning it within half an hour. To start things of f my skin has cleared up a great deal, meaning minimum to no acne breakouts for months, brighter complexion and a more even toned complexion. And I achieved this by using Raw African Black Soap ( looks like a brick ), 100% Pure Brightening Set, and Makari De Suisse Oralight Supplements. Mac Face & Body Foundation is very oily & kind of sticky but I love the way it gives my skin the appearance of flawless skin with out the look of heavy, piled on foundation. My method of applying this foundation is with my hands, and what I do is squeeze some on to my finger tips and warm it up a bit. Then I apply it to my face like I would with a moisturizer, then pressing it into my skin to make sure it sticks and blends. Once I am done I let it sit for a few minutes to add my setting powder, which can be my Bare Minerals or Makeup Forever Hd Powder. With the Bare Minerals it can tend to move and transfer but with blotting sheets and my MUFE Hd Powder im good to go.