MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.2

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

It radiates, perfects, beautifies, and lasts. It's the foundation that really defines what foundation is supposed to do for the skin with the addition of being "photogenic". I feel like it should be the benchmark. RMS Un-Cover is the hippie cousin. Armani is the glam aunt with a sugar daddy. Glossier Skin Tint is its acne safe baby sister. And Koh Gen Do Aqua is the Asian ( I'm finding that saying that whatever is being done, an Asian is perfecting is too true with this lol. Aqua obliterates the Face and Body like Mike Tyson did Michael Spinks). This incredibly economical for the quality. You can get 4 oz for less than $40. Practically free if you need to use foundation often. But not great for acne prone and clog prone skin. I figured I should put that out there for precaution. Nothing worse than having pimples, trying to get them controlled, and using something that adds to the problem. The criminal ingredients are stearic acid and talc, two well documented acnegenic ingredients. Sad to say this because it gets my skin tone just right...I'm the C5 shade. For everyone else, if you want a happy skin foundation this is a great start. You'll probably not check anything else if you love it.

on 11/29/2016 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is my HG foundation! The lady at the mac counter in my Hudsons Bay was so incredibly amazing. She raved about this foundation and told me it would be perfect for my skin type. My skin is very dry, flakey and red which some foundations can really exaggerate. This does not at all!! I literally can't believe how healthy my skin looks when I wear this. I don't really need tons of coverage more so than I just need evening out of my skin tone. This does exactly that and makes my face feel so hydrated. I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation for my upcoming wedding and can finally say I have found it! If you have dry, sensitive, flakey skin please try this! Even just get a sample to try if you're skeptical (although this is great value compared to high end brands at Sephora). This lasts about 8 good hours on my face and is easy to touch up without gettung cakey. I have darker Filipino skin and wear NC40 in studio fix, which makes me C5 in face and body. Love love love. Cannot say it enough.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I have been meaning to review this for a while now, after having waited for a while for it to be released in Australia in regular MAC stores rather than the Pro stores.
Usually I am someone who prefers matte fuller coverage foundations as I find they hold onto contour and blush colours better, rather than completely eating them, but decided my skin needed a break/ something lighter and dewy-er to mix things up.

Here is what I found with this product:
Pros:
* sheer-medium coverage- I have been using this with a wet beauty blender and stippling in layers. I find I need maybe 2 layers for adequate coverage, as the initial application barely covers the vein near my jaw (which I use as an indicator of coverage)
* lasts all day over a primer (6am-7pm)
* doesn't seem to eat my blush and contour products
* looks dewy and healthy, not greasy
* comes in a dropper style squeezy bottle- small and large
* wide range of colour matches (I was matched to N2 I believe? I am usually an NC20 in other foundations
* leaves my skin feeling soft, plump and moisturised

Cons:
* not super easily accessible
* some may not like the coverage, or the dewy feeling
* does transfer a little

Overall I believe this is a foundation I will include more in my rotations, and for both winter and summer use

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

FINALLY! I think I have found my holy grail summer foundation.
Let me preface this review by saying I don't have problem skin for the most part. My skin gets mildly oily and I have a bit of redness around the center of my face. But I don't get a lot of blemishes, and when I do they're pretty small. I have some dryness around my nose but it's not very bad in summer.

This foundation is absolutely perfect for me right now. It evens out skin tone, it's slightly moisturizing without being greasy. And it lasts quite a long time, even through humid days. I like to use a luminous base under it sometimes (L'oreal Magic Lumi primer or Mac Strobe Cream) and it looks fabulous.

The color range is pretty forgiving. I'm NC42 in Mac Pro longwear and I got this in C5. I can get away with C4 in the winter. The finish is just so natural and beautiful! It doesn't accentuate any lines or flakes and bumps you may have. The consistency makes it quick to put on when you're in a hurry as well.

The price is kind of high at $27, but it's very worth it to me. I really wish I had gotten the 120ml because it's only about $8 more for more than twice the product. I will definitely repurchase in the future. This stuff has pretty much replaced my MUFE Face and Body which I loved. I still love it but it's now in second place. Sorry MUFE lol

on 5/10/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I like this foundation. It is very sheer. The only issue is that it can leave you a tad plastic looking. No smell or other issues. Prefer this to any other foundation I have used.

This is great for times I cover my entire face, a full face of make up which is not often. I do hope it doesn't go "bad" too soon.

I do not use it for days I wear minimal make up concealer and only a light TM around my nose, to cover red spots etc

on 3/18/2014 4:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't need another foundation really, but i have been wanting to try this for a mighty long time.
The reason why i have never give it a go was because I don't like dewy foundations, they always give me a greasy look, case in point when Chanel came out with vitalumiere I quickly went out to the counter and bought one, it look nice at first, but once a couple of hours gone past i look like a disco ball.
I don't have oily skin but i have combo skin with oily t-zone, my preference have always been matte/semi matte finish foundation.
My recent foundations on rotations are Bourjoirs Heathy Mix, Bourjoirs 10 hour sleep effect, Boots No7 Beautifully Matte and MAC pro long wear. For work I usually reach out for Boots No 7 or MAC pro long wear, just because of their lasting powder and I don't need to powder.
Then I rewatched some of Lisa Eldridge's video and face and body foundation got mentioned again, so I read the MUA reviews, and decided to go to the counter and try this on.
Now I wear NC20 in prolong wear and with all the reviews I read I should be matched with a C2, however when I get to the counter, C2 looks very yellow, in fact I find it even yellower than prolong wear. (and I would actually prefer a tad less yellow in prolong wear but it blends well so it still works)
So the MAC mua said to me if i don't like C2 I can try N2 instead, she then put a layer on with brush and I kinda touch my face to see how tacky it is, and surprisingly it is actually not tacky at all. In fact while its kinda wetter than my other matte foundations, its not tacky. I was very happy with the texture.
I looked in the mirror after getting out of the shopping center confirmed that N2 is my colour. The foundation disappeared and blends seamlessly.
How I would describe this is a very sheer foundation and the kickass bit about this is that it evens out my skin tone so well, it doesn't cover well though, at the moment i have a couple of spots and i need concealer for that but for the redness on my cheeks, it just toned it down so much.
And I look like I didn't wear make up, just my own skin but much neater.
I powder, because I use powder blushes mostly and also because I want to powder especially on my tzone. Now in the last couple of days with work I was doing something different and it requires me a little physical work, which meant I did sweat a little.
But my foundation did not slide, did not transfer onto my white shirt (collar), nor my face looks like a grease ball.
To be honest I would not call this a dewy foundation myself, I would probably described it as a satiny finish.... like there is a glow, but not greasy or oily.
You will need to work fast with this, it came out like water (think daniel sandler water-colour blush) but it sets very quickly especially when you start spreading on your face, work fast and you will see the result.
Everyday I deep cleanse my face and have no breakouts nor clogged pores. I have a little handheld facial cleaner (similar to clarisonic but not quite, its a japanese invention that uses ions to suck out dirty bits in your pores), I must say liquid foundations require much more cleaning than powder/cream foundations, they still get into your pores even the foundation doesn't sink into them.
So I wear NC20 in prolong wear, 52 in all Bourjoirs foundations, and I use N2 in this (but I have spoken with 2 other MAC mua at another counter and before even testing they just said oh I am a C, because of my asian skin). I'd recommend to try out the foundation and get a shade you are most comfortable with instead of following those colour codes, to me they are just a guide and sometimes doesn't work. Despite I have yellow skin my cheeks are nearly always quite rosy naturally and have a fair bit of pink. If anything I would say I am more a neutral skin tone.
N2 doesn't look pink when it pours out, unlike NW foundations that looks visibly pink based.
I am pleasantly surprised by this foundation, for $49 aud (small bottle) its certainly not a cheap foundation, but I think its an acceptable price.

on 2/27/2014 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This product deserves SO much praise, everyone needs to try it, I like a full foundation, I live in a very hot and humid country in the summer and it's the only foundation that doesn't melt off my face, even though it is sheer, it's easily buildable and looks incredible all day.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I use this daily now! I've switched from the Garnier combo/oily BB cream to this beauty! Doesn't make me break out and has a nice natural finish to it. I apply it with my fingers and my face looks flawless. Love this foundation! I use color C2 all year around.

on 5/27/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love this foundation great for everyday use, it agrees with my skin no breakouts.

I always thought I needed a thicker foundation to get coverage. But this foundation taught me otherwise even though it's thin and looks more like a tinted moisturiser it actually provides good coverage and is buildable.

The price is amazing for the amount of product that you get. I wear a C5/6 depending on the time of year and set with mac msf in medium deep, it has good durability.

The only thing I don't like about the container is that the product can leak into the lid.

on 1/8/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this foundation. It is great for a person who doesnt need heavy coverage and would like to even out skintone minus heavy foundations. The foundation applies sheer but can be layered. It looks greasy at first but dries matte. It lasts all day and would be great in the summer since it is light and waterproof. I love how it looks natural.