MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 1/24/2019 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was my favorite foundation for a long time. I still love it actually but I realized that it broke me out really badly every time I wore it. Dimethicone is the second ingredient and silicones don’t agree with my skin! It makes me sad that I can’t use this because the price is fair if you buy the big bottle and it is so natural and pretty. I can get too greasy looking on me but I am oily. There is a reason this was my favorite for a long time. Only recently did I make the connection what I used to cover my pimples was actually the cause of some of them. The shades are flexible so there isn’t much stress that it will match you. It never sets down and transfers horribly. It has a tendency to slide as well depending on your moisturizer and primer. It lasts a good amount of time for a sheer foundation. At least 6 hours on me. I switched to mufe water blend it has a similar finish but not silicones. A little less coverage but a excellent substitute if your skin is sensitive like mine

on 1/23/2019 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this so much. My shade is C1.
It has replaced almost all my favourite foundations (most of them Erborians), as it doesn't conflict with any of my moisturizers or primers, is a breeze to apply, looks absolutely seamless and natural, but provides sheer coverage where you don't need much of it, and adding a layer gives you more coverage instantly, without looking like you have something on your skin.

Doesn't cause any problems to my sensitive/reactive skin.
It's light enough to be used in summer (though our summers are moderate and Northern climate-dryish), but I love it in winter, too.

My other absolute fav, that is also really quick and super-easy to use, with approximately the same amount of coverage, is Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Base, in shade Golden Ivory 1W.

on 12/22/2018 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been around for so long and received so many reviews, there's probably not a whole lot I could add to the conversation, but I'll try, because I love this foundation. And I do mean LOVE - if this was discontinued, I would feel lost, it's such a unique product and it's my everyday foundation.

The first thing to mention is the texture, which probably is the main thing that makes this so unique: It'a a water-based foundation (remember to shake it!), so straight from the bottle, it's very watery and very sheer. I think it's best applied with fingers - it'll make a brush sticky and a sponge seems counterintuitive with an already watery, sheer foundation.

As you work it in, the texture changes; it thickens and becomes tackier, more opaque. It's very buildable, so you can start off with a sheer base, work up the coverage, and add layers as needed. Moving it around and working it is key for coverage - if you just apply this evenly like you would a "regular" foundation, it'll end up very very sheer. It takes a while for it to set, and it often remains tacky:ish in places, so even on my dry skin, I need a blotting or setting powder.

I have never had this look cakey, and it never seems to emphasise dryness, flakes, rough patches or pores. It just kind of glides on and brightens, evens out, adds glow, and provides as much coverage as you choose to build up. (I doubt you could get full coverage out of this, though.) If you have more noticeable blemishes, you will need a concealer on top of this, but for me, any foundation that covers as much as a concealer is too much - I like my foundation to look like skin, but better.

A little goes a long way; a few drops can cover your entire face if you like it sheer, and a few more will add coverage. I get the 120 ml bottle for about 40 euro, but it lasts for a long, long time even if I use it daily, so in that context, I think it's very affordable. I've heard that over time, it can separate or change in texture somehow - I've never had that happen, but if you don't plan on using it often, there is also a 50 ml bottle available.

Looking at the MAC website, there's surprisingly few shades available, but you can probably mix them. I use C1 with white mixed in. I have yellow undertones but I'm prone to redness in some areas, and the C1 evens that out nicely.

There's no SPF in Face & Body, and I think it's supposed to be water proof, or at least water resistant, but let me tell you from experience (unfortunately) that if you cry wearing this, it does come off. Maybe not if it's a regular little wedding cry, but pretty quickly if it's like a when-Mufasa-dies cry or a just-got-broken-up-with-and-I-feel-like-someone-stabbed-my-soul cry.

PROS:
- Versatile! Buildable from very sheer to a good medium.
- Texture: looks like skin, but really helps even out the look of dryness and enlarged pores.
- Dewy finish that looks nice on dry and/or mature skin.
- Relatively affordable as an everyday foundation because a little goes a long way.
- Best applied with fingers, you don't need to get any tools dirty.
- Never seems to cake, ever.

CONS:
- Really different texture compared to most foundations, so there's a bit of a learning curve with the application.
- Takes a while to set, and even when it sets, it doesn't completely dry down. (So I don’t really know how you would use it on the body and not have it transfer to your clothes.)

on 11/7/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS. On days I want a no makeup look? I use this. If I have other foundations that aren't quite right (too thick, cakey, etc) I add a squirt of this before applying and voila! That said, I have pretty good skin,and as most people know by now, this is almost nonexistant once on. It offers about no coverage, but it evens things out perfectly! It's not gonna cover anything really. The color is a perfect match for me, which helps when I mix it in with other stuff too. This is one makeup product that I'm NEVER without.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Beautiful foundation for both face and body. Gives skin a natural dewy look but has a wonderful coverage. It stays on well and doesn't smudge off at all. If I remember correctly this is waterproof?

I wish it came in a wider range of colors though.

on 10/9/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite foundation I've tried. I have very dry skin and most foundations look dry and cakey on me, while others look greasy. This one looks completely natural, not noticeable on the skin. That's how it feels too, totally lightweight, almost like you aren't wearing any foundation. It doesn't transfer either. It has a light coverage (although can be built up to medium), some imperfections do stay visible, but it evens out the complexion and covers redness. I have the shade C1. I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry skin and don't need much coverage.

on 6/28/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OKAY NOW
This product has officially replaced my old favorite Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Mac Face and Body is exactly the opposite of it. First of all now that I am 19 I realized my skin is a little dryer than when I used to wear heavy and matte foundations at age 16-17. Now they cake on me and in natural light it is EXTREMELY obvious that I am wearing foundation. But not with Mac Face and Body, this foundation evens out my skin tone and makes me look semi-dewy, it doesn't look like I am wearing foundation under any light even if you get very close look to my skin and I love that. Sure this doesn't give me enough coverage to cover my pimples or acne and stuff but now I realized that this gives a perfect base to even out the color on my skin so I can put a little bit concealer on where I need later. This stuff is also water proof and doesn't budge throughout the whole day, it is by far one of the most long wearing foundations I own.
I also really like Mac shade range because it is the only color match that perfectly matches me, I use the color NC30 for my light to a little medium yellow toned skin and I have never found a better color match in all the foundations I own, I usually have to mix two foundations to match me but not with Mac Face and Body.
Since I found this I also want to try the Mac water weight concealer too because I am all into sheer glowy coverage stuff now, I feel like they are the most natural.
Overall this looks extremely like your skin, I cant say it is very dewy but it is not matte obviously, the price is up there for the larger one but it is like over 30 ml, I have been using it for 2 years now not the most sanitary but I haven't still finished it, but still I don't wear makeup everyday. I highly recommend it and I now regret everyday that I didn't used this and used a full coverage matte foundation instead because everybody in my school was like ew you are wearing too much foundation, damn I wish they see my skin now. Anyways 10/10 finish and packaging and maybe 9/10 price.

UPDATE:
This has given me tiny bumps on my face why does god want to play me like that? This has been the best foundation ever for me anyways since this makes my skin look beyond perfect I will continue to wear it because I dont even care anymore bye.

on 6/22/2018 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this. It's light in texture--making it warm-weather appropriate-- but somehow the C2 is too light in summer and the C3 is too dark (I'm NC25). I recently wore this to an evening event and looked, in the pictures, as if I had suffered some sort of dreadful arsenic-poisoning incident. It was pasty, sweaty nastiness. I'll either keep this for fall and winter (does the trick just fine then) or else add some bronzing drops.

on 6/16/2018 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought I would have reviewed this already as I have repurchased and will repurchase this. It is one of my HG make-up products. I have dry skin with some pigmentation/unevenness but most days I only want light coverage and don't have time for precise application so I go for quick and easy products like BB creams or this. This foundation is indispensable for me because of the ability to match the shade using white. I have fair skin with cool undertones but not too pink so I can get away w/neutral sometimes but it's hard to find a shade match for foundations since my neck/body is even lighter than my face. F&B White is great since N1 being too dark for me is not an issue - I can mix them to match my skin tone, in summer and in winter. I sometimes also add in some coverfx or similar drops to give it more pink as there are no rosy/truly cool toned shades. I love that it is so quick to apply and set. So easy to get light coverage that helps even out my complexion without drying, breaking apart or clinging to dry spots. Takes a minute and it simply looks like bare skin... I mean this quite literally - since I can get a good shade match, once applied, it really looks like I have nothing on but skin.
When wearing by itself, I don't try to layer this for more coverage though you can if you let the layers dry. I just add concealer under the eyes or any areas that I have more pigmentation. But I do layer or mix it sometimes with other products. I'm not going to claim it plays well with every foundation but I use them, especially the white mixed in or layered with other foundations when I want more coverage or a less natural look. Sometimes sort of like a primer underneath, sometimes mixed in, or sometimes over foundations that feel a bit too matte (e.g., Marc Jacobs Remarcable). Sometimes I wear a thin layer of the white alone, even. It's important to apply this foundation by hand until it changes consistency. It it is best applied with hands. It's almost too liquid at first and a brush would eat too much of it up or make a streaky mess. It needs to thicken and settle into the skin, which will occur if you work with it with your hands fairly quickly even if it may seem like it's just going to run down from being so liquid. Start with a small amount and maybe even look up youtube videos by makeup artists (I think either Wayne Goss or Lisa Eldridge has a video on this). If you work it into the skin with fingers/hands, it changes consistency pretty quickly and within a minute it looks like you have nothing on at all! I do sometimes go over it later with a beauty blender or buffing brush if I have any uneven areas or if I applied too much but often I don't need to. It's affordable since the price, especially if you get the large bottle brings this to drugstore price level, although you may need to have two shades to mix to get a good match. TLDR: Quick, reliable, doesn't dry me out, oxidize or irritate, I can get a great match thanks to the white, and gives me a my skin but better look in no time. I truly love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the formula and the way it sits on my skin. Unfortunately, there is no matching shade available for me during the winter. I have very pale skin and a neutral skin tone, and the lightest foundation is just too pink. The alternative is the second lightest and it is too dark (a bit too yellow too). However, I can use it for some part of the summer before I get some actual tan going. I think it’s very sad, since I do love the formula. It’s moisturising and does not hide my freckles.