MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't use this for my face (I tried once and it broke me out) but I do use on my upper arms where I have a few light blemishes. This helps to cover them up. Finding the right shade was tricky as I'm NC42 in concealer, but my arms are a few shades lighter than my face. Luckily the SA at the Mac counter helped me find the closest match and encouraged me to view it in natural light aswell as the stores lighting to get a good idea of how it will look under different conditions. I use this only when wearing certain types of dresses as it can and will rub off to a degree on t-shirt sleeves etc, even when I use a setting powder. I would re-purchase this for sure once my current bottle runs out.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/22/2018 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have normal skin and wear N1 in this foundation. I prefer light coverage that allows my freckles to show, and will not tolerate heaviness from any product. This is my foundation when I require one. This can be layered without detection. Shake well. I apply it over Dr. Carver's Miracle Serum, then moisturizer (various brands from drugstore, ranging from 30spf to 50spf, depending on how I feel), using my hands in downward strokes for each product so that facial hair lays flat, applying foundation only where needed -- above brows, nose and around nostrils, nose-to-mouth lines, old acne scarring on neck (two coats). It is undetectable in northern, natural light. I forget I have it on. No powder is required. It does not settle in lines. It's still on at the end of the day. My skin has never had a reaction to it. I always require the addition of Cerave eye cream under eyes and Maybelline NY Better Skin Superstay Concealer in Light.

on 5/30/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

On some days when I dont want to be fully made up I use this one. The coverage is very buildable one thing I notice is if you want to layer it up you need to wait for the first layer to dry out first before you put on another one with that the coverage will be medium to full. I love using this with my coty airspun translucent extra coverage! My face gets oily around 4hrs and fades out around 7 hrs of wear. No break out or whatsoever another plus for me! by the way i got this in c5 and my shade reference is nc42.

on 8/14/2017 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I like the idea of this foundation more than the actual product. The packaging is great-so much easier than opening up a bottle. I'm NC10-15 and N1 is my best match-C1 is a little too green for me. I do wish this foundation came in more colors-the lightest and darkest color spectrum could be better. I need the F&B in White for an exact match as N1 is still a bit too dark,. I've applied this with my fingers all over my face. You can go back and build up the coverage. Tapping the product between your fingers, or putting some in a petri dish for an hour or two before you use it will increase the coverage. I think it's just a bit too sheer for me, even when built up. I am combination to oily and I always feel like this doesn't dry down, and I end up putting a powder foundation over it for my coverage, and then it looks nothing like the original foundation. I like it better when mixing it with other foundations like Studio Fix Fluid to sheer them out. I would purchase it again, as I feel like it's a staple foundation to have, but I do plan on purchasing the White to see if that makes a difference for me. I do think that if you have drier skin, you will love this foundation as it gives a very healthy, glowing natural look.

Within a minute of my putting this on, my skin felt very hot and felt like I was wearing a mask, even though I put on the most sheer application. Within 15 minutes my eyes stung so bad I had to wash this off. I must be allergic to the orange oil. I was hoping it would work because it's so difficult to find a foundation without fragrance. I wore MUFE F&B for the longest time but they changed my color so I'm on the search for another. This is not it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

MAC Face and Body was once one of my favorite foundations. I bought it with the intention of only using it on my legs as a way to avoid wearing pantyhose and present beautiful, even toned skin from a stage. Sometime over the last 5 years it received a reformulation and I had to stop purchasing it. It lost the beautiful glow and real skin like translucency that made it so popular. What was left was a run of the mill formula with a long wear benefit. Nothing stands out about it and there are too many great options to waste dollars on it now. It does nothing to pep up tone, and is as basic as it gets-provides some coverage and ability to even things out. The larger bottles you can purchase from PRO or in the freestanding studios is a plus and if you are an actor, dancer etc who needs foundation in bulk for face and body the packaging is definitely a winner. For the everyday woman, there are much better options.

If you ever want to try a MAC foundation, start with this one, you can't go wrong. It covers your face and body and you get a huge bottle 50ml compared to the average foundation 30ml. Great dropper dispenser so not too much is lost and you can control how much you apply to your skin.

It has a sheer coverage with a satin finish but it's buildable to a moderate coverage. I find it covers all my flaws and pores and leaves my skin looking natural, radiant and the shade stays true, no oxidisation or fading all day. Moisturising and long wearing, this foundation truly is a good start to try MAC products before you fall down the rabbit hole.

Make sure that you do know your shade and if possible go get colour matched just don't walk out with half the store and a melted credit card, it really isn't hard to do.

I was lazy and ordered on line, ended up with three bottles of this foundation before I matched my face. It wasn't a waste though because my shade changes through the seasons and now I mix and match the bottles and use the darker shade to help contour. I am N1 because my skin is very fair with pink undertones but I purchase N3 for summer. I apply N3 first and then blend N1 over the middle of my face to lighten, it is a great way to frame your face and help with contouring. In Winter I just stick to N1 and some bronzer. I find the best application is with a damp sponge blender, brushes use just far too much product.

I also use this foundation all over my neck, décolletage, bare shoulders, legs and anywhere else I want a bit of colour, this foundation doesn't transfer.

on 4/25/2017 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Great foundation for people with dry skin.

The coverage is sheer but buildable to light, and there is a looot of shades. I have MAC F&B in C1, and I find the formula amazing to apply. You can see the change immediately, from tired skin to lively skin. Feels light and does not crease at all. For reference, I have dry skin.

When I look for a face product, foundation or BB cream, I'm usually interested in its ability to even out color and cancel redness. If it gives me a touch of color, all the better. I have rather clear skin that is pale with neutral-yellow undertones, so I tend to look sallow even if I am perfectly healthy. That's why adding color to my face is the number one priority, not blemish coverage. Spot concealing is good enough to handle any unexpected blemishes. And I find that blushes and bronzers can only take you so far, and they don't last very long.

So I do recommend this foundation for people who are looking for a hydrating product to liven up their face and even out skin tone. With a hint of coverage, it's not absolutely missing, it's just very low. Besides, this foundation works amazing with concealers.

Along with Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, MAC face and Body is Holy Grail level.

After much seeing so much hype regarding this foundation, I've finally decided (after 3 years of speculation) to purchase this!

Initially I went into my local Mac to purchase the large version of this as it is more bang for your buck, but realised only pro stores stock the large ones.

After I was color matched, (C5) I decided to purchase this. I've been wearing this foundation ever since. I'm more of a medium to full coverage kind of person, but I couldn't help but falling in love with this. I've transitioned into a more sheer coverage person after trying this. My HG foundation has and always will be the pro long wear foundation, but I've saved that one for events, along with my studio fix.

This foundation is so beautiful on the skin, it feels like silk. It lets your natural skin show a little. This will not cover blemishes. If you're looking for a sheer cover that gives you a beautiful natural glow, get this.

I personally find this best applied with your hands. Pour some into your hands and rub it around to warm the product up and then apply with your hands. I've used a brush/beauty blender and it did not give me the same look I got when using my hands. (Thank you wayne goss)

I will be repurchasing this forever. :)

I just have to write a review on this foundation. I know what works for one person may not work for another but as an avid review-reader, I have to share my experience. Because it is such a good experience!

My skintype: Dry cheeks, oily t-zone (also with dry patches on forehead somehow). I have hyper-pigmentation that I like to cover as well as random break-outs and just an overall redness/unevenness that I like to tone down.

I got M.A.C. Face and Body foundation in shade N1. I tried both N1 and C1 and honestly could've used either. I must be neutral enough that it didn't really make a difference. It is a very sheer formulation but is easily layered. This is why it is so amazing. I put on a layer. looks like nothing goes on. But my skin looks slightly better. I put on a second layer and it still looks like I've put nothing on my skin, but yet I'm looking even more balanced, less red. I just don't get it. It does not look streaky or cakey or stuck in pores or lines. It isn't patchy. EVERY foundation I use gets stuck in my dry skin to various degrees. Not this foundation.

When I first put it on it looks dewy. It goes more natural after it sets then as the day goes on it can get a little too shiny so I've learned to set it with powder in my t-zone. But honestly every foundation makes me shiny by the end of the day so this is definitely something I can live with.

Seriously, this looks like skin but evened-out. I use my fingers to apply because that is my favorite way to apply makeup (lazy girl here) and I also stalked the crap out of this foundation before I sampled it and that seems to be the best way to apply it anyway. Another positive :)

If you are looking for full-coverage, this isn't for you. It is definitely buildable, don't get me wrong. It can be sheer or light or maybe medium, depending on your definition of medium.

So. If you, like me, have not tried this tried-and-true foundation and are in the market for something fun to try, give it a shot. If you have dry patches, and have not found anything that won't stick, try this.

I have been using it for a week now and no breakouts from it. I'm hoping that if it was going to break me out it would've done it by now. I guess I can update if it does but really that is such an individual thing that even if it does break me out, it may not do the same to you. You need to try for yourself to find out I guess.

Ok, I will stop now! To finish: It's great. Watch some youtube to find out how to apply. Sample it. Have a powder in your arsenal to go with if you get too shiny.

Love.